F350 rear tire pressure - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

F350 rear tire pressure

Old 01-04-2019, 11:33 AM
ccie7879
Junior User
ccie7879 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Tom N OH View Post
I run mine at 55 all the way around unless Iím towing heavy. Rides way better & tire wear is even across the tread on all 4. Used Forscan to drop TPMS to 45.
same here. I have on-board air if I want to increase pressure for any "no notice" tow

Old 01-04-2019, 11:37 AM
Redrockerstl55
Elder User
Redrockerstl55 has a good reputation on FTE.Redrockerstl55 has a good reputation on FTE.
Running 80 with no load all the time has the potential to wear the tire in the center faster.

I run 60 front and 65 rear when towing and I can feel a pretty significant difference in ride. I run 80 and 80 when towing.

I have never had a low pressure warning even when tire pressures are 55 and 60 when hit with a cold front heading into winter.

I have no made any adjustments to TPMS with Forscan.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:54 AM
N2dunz
Senior User
N2dunz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
First - I have looked, with no success, for an inflation chart that I can use. All the charts I can find are intended for commercial trucks with commercial tires. I would really appreciate a link to a non-commercial chart for my stock Michelin tires.
I run my tires at the specified 70 front and 65 rear. Just replaced all six at 85,000 miles. Remaining tread depth was 3mm which is above the legal limit, but too shallow for winter driving in my opinion.
Here ya go.
https://www.michelintruck.com/assets/pdf/MICHELINTruckDataBook_Jan2011.pdf
You will probably shoot holes in this, but I called Michelin tech support and even though it says Commercial, the tables for the LTX section applies to the tires on our trucks.
I told him what tire I had and on what truck and my intent and he said those tables applied.

Kudos for you to run 85k miles running those pressures.
I couldn't do it.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:56 AM
Redrockerstl55
Elder User
Redrockerstl55 has a good reputation on FTE.Redrockerstl55 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by N2dunz View Post
Here ya go.
You will probably shoot holes in this, but I called Michelin tech support and even though it says Commercial, the tables for the LTX section applies to the tires on our trucks.
I told him what tire I had and on what truck and my intent and he said those tables applied.

I couldn't do it.
FYI...That links says "page no found".

Old 01-04-2019, 12:01 PM
N2dunz
Senior User
N2dunz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Geez.
How about google "Michelin Load Inflation Table" and then look around.
That is all I did.

Is there a way I can attach a PDF to a post? Maybe that will be easier?

Old 01-04-2019, 12:04 PM
Redrockerstl55
Elder User
Geez.
How about google "Michelin Load Inflation Table" and then look around.
That is all I did.
That's cool..I was just saying that link didn't work...that's it. Thanks.

Old 01-04-2019, 12:12 PM
Rockinfigs
Senior User
Rockinfigs is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Redrockerstl55 View Post
Running 80 with no load all the time has the potential to wear the tire in the center faster.

I run 60 front and 65 rear when towing and I can feel a pretty significant difference in ride. I run 80 and 80 when towing.

I have never had a low pressure warning even when tire pressures are 55 and 60 when hit with a cold front heading into winter.

I have no made any adjustments to TPMS with Forscan.
That's good to know.. Maybe il just lower my rear to 65 or 70 not towing

Old 01-04-2019, 12:13 PM
Redrockerstl55
Elder User
This may be helpful:

275/65r20 for SRW

PSI/ Load
35/ 2080
40/ 2280
45/ 2475
50/ 2680
55/ 2850
60/ 3030
65/ 3195
70/ 3375
75/ 3540
80/ 3750

https://tirepressure.com/lt-metric-t...nflation-chart

Old 01-04-2019, 12:22 PM
mhoefer
Postmaster
mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.
I don’t get why your all running so high pressures on the front on a diesel. My door sticker says 60 psi front, cold, so I set the front at 60,the rear at 60. I have adjusted TPMS to 55 psi all way around. When you drive, these pressures go up due to heat in the tire. At -5 C, I see 64-65 psi all way around with sustained driving. But once the truck sits, they all go back down to 60 psi cold. I do this for tire wear as well, because the whole tire width is contacting the ground properly. Further, it improves winter traction. When I do load up the truck and pull trailer, I do air up the rears to 65-70 psi depending. Improved water, improved winter traction. I am running the new tires already Good Year Duratracs 295/65R18.

Old 01-04-2019, 12:56 PM
minke
Senior User
minke is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here ya go.

I couldn't do it.
I don't know why, but using the link an "invisible" letter gets added after the .pdf.Instead use:I hope that the "invisible" letter doesn't return.

Old 01-04-2019, 01:07 PM
wrvond
Posting Guru
wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.
Here ya go.

I couldn't do it.
Thanks - I have honestly never been able to find a table that wasn't for commercial tires. I even called Michelin once and got no help.
Even though your original link resulted in a 404, it did get me that critical piece of information: that a tire data book exists that contains the information I'm looking for.
I found a pdf tire data book at: Michelin Tire Data Book and it does, in fact, list Light Truck tires - specifically my LT 245/75R17E tires (among others).
I really don't know what the per axle curb weight of my truck is, but for fun took 7680 lbs and distributed 2/3 to the front and 1/3 to the rear axle (DRW). 5120 lbs. front and 2560 rear would indicate 60 psi on each of the front tires and 35 psi on each of the four rear tires (the minimum indicated on the chart).
If I had never seen the Tire and Loading Information label on my truck (70 front/ 65 rear), I know I'd accept this as perfectly reasonable.
Because I tow different weight campers most of the time, and because the inner rears are so hard to reach, I'm not likely to change my inflation pressures any time soon, but I did learn something today.

Reps sent!

Old 01-04-2019, 01:09 PM
Redrockerstl55
Elder User
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
Thanks - I have honestly never been able to find a table that wasn't for commercial tires. I even called Michelin once and got no help.
Even though your original link resulted in a 404, it did get me that critical piece of information: that a tire data book exists that contains the information I'm looking for.
I found a pdf tire data book at: Michelin Tire Data Book and it does, in fact, list Light Truck tires - specifically my LT 245/75R17E tires (among others).
I really don't know what the per axle curb weight of my truck is, but for fun took 7680 lbs and distributed 2/3 to the front and 1/3 to the rear axle (DRW). 5120 lbs. front and 2560 rear would indicate 60 psi on each of the front tires and 35 psi on each of the four rear tires (the minimum indicated on the chart).
If I had never seen the Tire and Loading Information label on my truck (70 front/ 65 rear), I know I'd accept this as perfectly reasonable.
Because I tow different weight campers most of the time, and because the inner rears are so hard to reach, I'm not likely to change my inflation pressures any time soon, but I did learn something today.
Use this link. Look up your tire size and you will know what to set your pressure at based on load.

https://tirepressure.com/lt-metric-t...nflation-chart

Old 01-04-2019, 01:35 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
As near as I can tell, the inflation tables are generic, set by TRA (Tire and Rim Association). I've used the inflation tables published on the Toyo website in the past. The doc specifically says the numbers came from TRA. The doc can be found attached to this post or using this URL: https://www.toyotires.com/media/2125...s_20170203.pdf

Attached Images
Old 01-04-2019, 03:03 PM
rcinlaveen
New User
rcinlaveen is starting off with a positive reputation.
55 front, 45 rear when empty. I just push the "OK" button once in a while - no big deal.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:27 PM
ATC Crazy
Post Fiend
ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by rcinlaveen View Post
55 front, 45 rear when empty. I just push the "OK" button once in a while - no big deal.
Same here. I will get around to changing it with Forscan when I'm feeling less lazy though

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.