One on the lot already? - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2019 Ranger Everything about the new 2019 Ford Ranger.

One on the lot already?

Old 01-20-2019, 06:30 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
My closest dealer just got one, I'll look tomorrow maybe.

Edit:

I stopped this morning to look at the one on the lot. It's an XLT 4x4 Screw and it's listed for $36xxx. Nice truck for sure but I have to admit that I'm a lot underwhelmed with the styling. I like a more squared off appearance and when I look the new Ranger, I see too much Ford Edge styling, but even the Edge has nicer lines.

To get my attention, ford needs to build the Ranger to look like a smaller F-series truck.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:18 PM
2.7EcoBoost
Senior User
2.7EcoBoost is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by tseekins View Post
My closest dealer just got one, I'll look tomorrow maybe.

Edit:

I stopped this morning to look at the one on the lot. It's an XLT 4x4 Screw and it's listed for $36xxx. Nice truck for sure but I have to admit that I'm a lot underwhelmed with the styling. I like a more squared off appearance and when I look the new Ranger, I see too much Ford Edge styling, but even the Edge has nicer lines.

To get my attention, ford needs to build the Ranger to look like a smaller F-series truck.
I think therein lies the problem. Ford doesn't really "want" to take the F-Series customer. They want would be Tacoma, Colorado, Frontier etc. or, a whole new demographic of new and/or first time truck buyers. It will be interesting to see what direction the next Ranger takes. This one was clearly the fastest and cheapest way to get in the mix with the global design and body panels. I was at a pretty big dealer the other day and they still haven't gotten one in. I was curious to see how it looked in person also..

Old 01-23-2019, 02:04 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 2.7EcoBoost View Post
I think therein lies the problem. Ford doesn't really "want" to take the F-Series customer. They want would be Tacoma, Colorado, Frontier etc. or, a whole new demographic of new and/or first time truck buyers. It will be interesting to see what direction the next Ranger takes. This one was clearly the fastest and cheapest way to get in the mix with the global design and body panels. I was at a pretty big dealer the other day and they still haven't gotten one in. I was curious to see how it looked in person also..
If I were in serious hunt / kill mode for a small truck, the Frontier though dated would be my choice.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:23 PM
CuNmUdF250
Posting Guru
CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a great reputation on FTE.
Drove one today while at dealer buying parts for my F150 ( glutton for punishment?). Anyway I was impressed it’s a sharp lil truck. Drove it a little and though I never really got on it I could tell it’ll get up and go. Inside was nice as well even felt comfortable in backseat. Probably wouldn’t buy one right away and would also go with slightly used and extended warranty will be part of the deal or else no deal. I’d agree Frontier offers most value and perhaps Tacoma for reliability? or not if you hang out on their forum for just a bit you’ll question Toyota reliability. As they stand now this would be my order for a small truck

1- Ranger
2- Tacoma
3- Colorado
4- Frontier
5- Ridgeline

Old 01-25-2019, 12:09 AM
bbf385
Elder User
bbf385 has a good reputation on FTE.bbf385 has a good reputation on FTE.bbf385 has a good reputation on FTE.
I drove a frontier today and was wholly unimpressed. Getting behind the wheel everything looked dated and cheap.The front could have used an inch or two more leg room and I barely fit in the backseat which is pretty bad given it was a 4 door. I might take out a Ranger this weekend.

Old 01-31-2019, 02:53 PM
ODwyerPW
New User
ODwyerPW is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by someday View Post
just saw my first one on the road yesterday. meh, not impressed...a 9 year old truck
I made a post about the changes from your 9-year old Gen3 World Ranger to the current Gen3.5 US Spec Ranger.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post18452772

Old 01-31-2019, 02:57 PM
ODwyerPW
New User
ODwyerPW is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by bbf385 View Post
I drove a frontier today and was wholly unimpressed. Getting behind the wheel everything looked dated and cheap.The front could have used an inch or two more leg room and I barely fit in the backseat which is pretty bad given it was a 4 door. I might take out a Ranger this weekend.
I own a 2006 Frontier XE extended cab. It's as basic a truck as they get... and the 2019 truck is of the same generation. Test drove a new Ranger... and WOW. I had a new Colorado for 2 weeks as a rental in October. Ranger and Colorado both feel equally nice and powerful. I'll keep the Frontier for now as it just turned 80K yesterday. But I really like that Ranger and may get one... I don't even care that a Gen4 replacement may come as a 2022 model.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:56 PM
camxracer
Freshman User
camxracer is starting off with a positive reputation.
I saw one yesterday in the Sacramento area.....$47,900 for a Lariat crew, including a $3k additional dealer markup. Hard to believe I paid $9k less for my Superduty than what they are asking for the Ranger.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:29 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Our very first one arrived in Alaska, thinking of going down and taking a look tomorrow. Doubt I can test drive it as they have it in the show room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: