Notices
Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

2019 Annual B.S. Thread!

Old 01-18-2019, 08:16 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Tim Young View Post
Thanks for the wishes guys, I have been released from the hospital and will be headed home shortly!

Trustin, hope you figure out the ex before it leaves you stranded all together.
So a day later and I hope your not doing any 10K runs any time in the next day or two.
All kidding aside. How are you doing?

Old 01-18-2019, 10:38 PM
Tim Young
Post Fiend
Tim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputation
I'm in lots of pain today, the pain meds help but they don't last long enough!

Old 01-18-2019, 10:40 PM
Tim Young
Post Fiend
Tim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputation
The doc say it's normal. Hope tomorrow is better!

Old 01-19-2019, 02:20 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
I take it your doing ice?
Even the back sees to get better everyday after the surgery.

Old 01-19-2019, 08:35 AM
Tim Young
Post Fiend
Oh yeah defiantly doing ice! I hope today is better!

Old 01-20-2019, 04:24 PM
EDC8008
Elder User
EDC8008 has a good reputation on FTE.EDC8008 has a good reputation on FTE.EDC8008 has a good reputation on FTE.

Hanging wires they hacked up!

The front cut

Right at the turn to go over the axle
I get to deal with the insurance company thanks to a scum sucking bottom feeder.

Had a very nice birthday dinner last night here in Edmonton, parked the truck, went to bed, got up this morning and started the truck to go to church and got a loud, obnoxious alarm and an open exhaust.

Some low life cut my exhaust right after the Y pipe and in front of the axle and stole my exhaust. So here I sit today with no wheels waiting till Tuesday to do anything about getting my truck into get fixed. At least the company will rent me a vehicle till I get my fixed.

Old 01-20-2019, 05:42 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Gas engine? If yes then it was the kat the @ licker was after. Or were they just after the pipe?
But that does not matter. Too many people out there that say I should not do anything to them.

Science has found that criminals lack a basic element and have found a way to correct it.
Intracranial injection of Pb at 835 fps or for Canada that would be 255 m/s.
I think I did that calculation right.

That will more often than not correct the problem with them taking things that they have no right to.

You know if htey keep this up that battery powered saws and even hand operated saws will need
a permit with a 3 day waiting period. Then they will say that we can no longer own battery powered
saws snd must turn them in for destruction.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:17 PM
onug
Donut Ninja
onug is a name known to allonug is a name known to allonug is a name known to allonug is a name known to allonug is a name known to allonug is a name known to all
Holy crap...the exhaust?! What the hell will they use that for? Or just to sell the metal as scrap? I assume this is from your diesel...did they just grab the muffler or some of the emissions stuff too?

Old 01-20-2019, 09:23 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
I just ran across some thing on Craig's List. Seems there is a bit of money in selling the DEF systems.

Anyone up on programming a VFD ?

Old 01-20-2019, 11:12 PM
EDC8008
Elder User
EDC8008 has a good reputation on FTE.EDC8008 has a good reputation on FTE.EDC8008 has a good reputation on FTE.
They got everything from front where it turns heading aft to just front of the axle. Got all the emissions equipment, sensors and all, just hacked the wires off. Gonna call Ford tomorrow to get an idea of how much as that section of the harness will need to be replaced.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:23 PM
Tim Young
Post Fiend
Holy Chet! I've never hurt of such a thing, an exhaust system? Good luck with the insurance company and Ford. I hope you get it back on the road in short order!

Old 01-21-2019, 12:29 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
The one place that can get things for you with out screwing around and cut you a break
over the Ford MSRP with real ford parts and not any grey market stuff is
FICMRepair.com - FORD Powerstroke 6.0 FICM Repair, PHP Tuning and Truck Parts
Likely you will be talking to Scott or Ed. Ed takes good care of the 6.0L section of FTE
as that is where he started the company from. Let who ever you talk to know you talked to me.
And when I say not grey market I mean you get the full Ford parts warrantee and backing with the Ford parts.

Old 01-21-2019, 05:05 PM
NorthwesternCowboy
Elder User
NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.
Just got back from our first trip since major overhauls on the Ex. The truck's performance validated every damn penny as far as I'm concerned.

1 - Performance Radiator/ELC/BPD Remote Oil Cooler/7.3 Fan clutch adapter.
Sure it was only about 48F during our pulls, but this thing is a refrigerator. Highest coolant/oil temp combo I hit all top was 194c/184o. Averaged about 188c/170o.

2 - Nasty tow tune
The custom tune I have from my local shop guys is beastly. I don't know the technical terms, but it's very turbo heavy in that it'll resort to spooling up to max boost before shifting down, so I was pulling almost everything in 6th overdrive at 1800-2200rpm and the boost moved around accordingly on the hills to keep up speed. It's pretty wicked and was boosting at 32lbs for short intervals on the bigger climbs. That's a wicked noise to listen to from the engine compartment over the top of the Diamond Eye exhaust.

Super pumped, the mods were worth every penny. This was a pull one done countless times with this 6.0 mostly stock and also with my previous V10, stock and tuned. I was hauling up inclines in overdrive that my V10 used to tac out in 2nd/3rd just to keep up speed.

Someone on Facebook was concerned with my ICP values during the climb that I've posted the gauges for. It was 101 eastbound just outside Olympia and at the time of the screenshot I think my foot was bouncing due to the road, causing me to burp the throttle, but at any rate it was a pretty heavy footed pull where my boost was ramping up instead of downshifting. Guy seemed to think my ICP should be much higher with IPR at 50%. Thoughts? I'm not convinced that reading is any good anyway, based on the fact that Ranaway had different readings when I lost the sensor and I was still showing fine numbers. I think next on my list will be real gauge for fuel supply and maybe boost. Heck maybe just move to real gauges for the important things. Ex ran great tho and I don't have fuel or smoke streams on the truck or trailer today so it couldn't have been that bad.

On top of that, the 6.0 made the whole trip without breaking something, which was almost a miracle in and of itself! Very happy puller here! #ThatsAGoodBoah

Old 01-21-2019, 05:35 PM
Tim Young
Post Fiend
Hey that's great news Trustin! Congratulations!

Old 01-21-2019, 07:04 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by NorthwesternCowboy View Post
Just got back from our first trip since major overhauls on the Ex. The truck's performance validated every damn penny as far as I'm concerned.

1 - Performance Radiator/ELC/BPD Remote Oil Cooler/7.3 Fan clutch adapter.
Sure it was only about 48F during our pulls, but this thing is a refrigerator. Highest coolant/oil temp combo I hit all top was 194c/184o. Averaged about 188c/170o.

2 - Nasty tow tune
The custom tune I have from my local shop guys is beastly. I don't know the technical terms, but it's very turbo heavy in that it'll resort to spooling up to max boost before shifting down, so I was pulling almost everything in 6th overdrive at 1800-2200rpm and the boost moved around accordingly on the hills to keep up speed. It's pretty wicked and was boosting at 32lbs for short intervals on the bigger climbs. That's a wicked noise to listen to from the engine compartment over the top of the Diamond Eye exhaust.

Super pumped, the mods were worth every penny. This was a pull one done countless times with this 6.0 mostly stock and also with my previous V10, stock and tuned. I was hauling up inclines in overdrive that my V10 used to tac out in 2nd/3rd just to keep up speed.

Someone on Facebook was concerned with my ICP values during the climb that I've posted the gauges for. It was 101 eastbound just outside Olympia and at the time of the screenshot I think my foot was bouncing due to the road, causing me to burp the throttle, but at any rate it was a pretty heavy footed pull where my boost was ramping up instead of downshifting. Guy seemed to think my ICP should be much higher with IPR at 50%. Thoughts? I'm not convinced that reading is any good anyway, based on the fact that Ranaway had different readings when I lost the sensor and I was still showing fine numbers. I think next on my list will be real gauge for fuel supply and maybe boost. Heck maybe just move to real gauges for the important things. Ex ran great tho and I don't have fuel or smoke streams on the truck or trailer today so it couldn't have been that bad.

On top of that, the 6.0 made the whole trip without breaking something, which was almost a miracle in and of itself! Very happy puller here! #ThatsAGoodBoah

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...48b6c59478.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...bb888aee38.jpg
Did you get that random lock into park issue settled?

Originally Posted by Tim Young View Post
Hey that's great news Trustin! Congratulations!
How is the knee doing now that you have had a few days to rest at home?

My beast is almost ready to start for the first time in 18+ months. Only thing I have left is install the passenger side CAC, the battery
box and air cleaner. I should have a new positive/starter cable in my hands on the 29th. But I have a temp workaround in mind.

What I would like to get my hands on is a F-series filter assembly. The aftermarket on that I have to stick back in this truck is a pile of trash.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: