Notices
Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

2019 Annual B.S. Thread!

Old 04-15-2019, 09:33 AM
Tim Young
Post Fiend
Tim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputation
Good mornin guys!

Looks like it's gong to be a good day over here today! It as windy and kind of cold all weekend!

Favored, Thanks for checking in! Hope you did more often.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:52 AM
Favored
Junior User
Favored is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by onug View Post
Thanks for stopping by and checking in. We need pics of your Fords!

Hey hey here is some truck pictures for ya!

Old 04-15-2019, 10:54 AM
Bently_Coop
Post Fiend
Bently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputation
Sweet door badge on the 7.3

The Blue 6.7 is a beaut too.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:08 PM
Tim Young
Post Fiend
Tim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputation
Very nice, I like your boat also!

Old 04-15-2019, 02:10 PM
freekwonder
New User
freekwonder is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Tim Young View Post
Good mornin guys!

Looks like it's gong to be a good day over here today! It as windy and kind of cold all weekend!

Favored, Thanks for checking in! Hope you did more often.
Ugh, would have been a lot better Monday if I would have gotten my truck running yesterday and drove her to work.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:20 PM
Favored
Junior User
Favored is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop View Post
Sweet door badge on the 7.3

The Blue 6.7 is a beaut too.
Thanks! But the 6.7 is actually black too lol probably dirty or the light or something 🤘🏻

Old 04-15-2019, 02:30 PM
NorthwesternCowboy
Elder User
NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.
Cool stuff, folks. We went to the Evergreen RV Show to let the toddler cousins run around together. Free tickets online, so it was cheap, easy entertainment. Every time I go to the RV shows I'm always walking away happy that I have a JayCo - they just seem to have their s**t together. Loved the Pinnacle fifth-wheel. That might be my life-goal for a final trailer if we decide to convert to fifth-wheel from bumper-pull some day. We had a good time checking out the bunk configurations and trying to find what we would like if we end up with 3+ kids someday that need space to sleep. We've got a 4/5 sleeper now with the conversion beds, but they're getting really good with the bunk layouts in the 29-35' range trailers. We also let the kids run around in the $450K Winne Class-A motorcoach that was on display. Impressive machines, but not sure I'd ever be drawn to that sort of RV commitment. Cool to fanaticize about the fun you could have with a bunch of family doing a fun road trip in one of those beasts. I had the most fun checking out the Diamler/Freightliner powerplants in the back. Would be fun to fire that baby up and take a look, maybe even a test drive down the road just to get a sense of what it feels like to drive one of those monsters around for leisure. I was also surprised to see how many of those slightly smaller monsters are still running the Triton V10 - I wouldn't want to have anything to do with one of those gassers after all my crap with mine in my Excursion, LOL! Better hope the gearing is SUPER optimized and maybe get 4MPG... 3? 2? lol - anyway it was a fun afternoon.

Laid low Sunday at home most the day. Made an evening trip to Home Depot for some door thresholds and door sweeps - I've got some entry doors to fix up so the little critters quit trying to squeeze in from the garage when it gets cold outside. No work on the Ex or anything, but I've got my lab test kit, so I need to get off my butt for 7 minutes and run out to get a sample. New threshold on the garage is almost perfect now - I'm pleasantly surprised how it turned out. Usually when I just wing a project with power tools, it has a 50/50 change of being better than it was before I decided to touch anything.... LOL

Back at the grind today - but the Big Guy came steamrolling right into Redmond after a weekend sitting in the driveway, no problems!

OH! We also got donuts last night on the way home from Home Depot. We love our Snohomish Haggen for this one purpose. Everything else is cheaper at Fred Meyer =P

Old 04-15-2019, 07:06 PM
Sparky83
Posting Legend
Sparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputation
what no sprinkle doughnuts?? thats just wrong

Old 04-15-2019, 08:13 PM
onug
Donut Ninja
onug is a name known to allonug is a name known to allonug is a name known to allonug is a name known to allonug is a name known to allonug is a name known to all
A Grady White no less... my father got a 20’ when it was time for his mid-life crisis and it was amazing. Could take nearly anything in that boat. Built like a tank and the bow design is made for handling big waves. Nice toys.

Nice donuts NWC! I agree about Jayco’s; they always seem to be better built. I wouldn’t be surprised to own one someday either. The wife and I often talk about a retirement sojourn with a trailer. I’d like to all of North America over a period of a year or so. She immediately worries about where the kids will be for Christmas and I just tell her we’ll fly them to wherever we’re camped and get them a hotel. I think a 5th wheel is the only way to go if you’re going to full-time. They just have more room and feel less like a box on wheels with the high ceilings.

I think that new 7.3 gasser from Ford is going to be a monster motor and a great replacement for the V10. It will drink fuel like the V10 because at the end of the day you gas only has so much energy per gallon, but it should be a long term motor too.

I passed 50,000 miles over the weekend and have almost forgotten (forgiven) my truck for all the maintenance crap it put me thru last year. It feels good to be happy with my mistress again...

Old 04-15-2019, 09:27 PM
NorthwesternCowboy
Elder User
NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.NorthwesternCowboy has a great reputation on FTE.
Good, cuz I'm watching your rig closely to be a deciding factor when I finally decide to pull the trigger on a F150 or Tundra. I can only put up with one obnoxious Ford at a time, so my next one better play nice or I'm bailing to the imports faster than you can say DONUTS.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:16 PM
Bently_Coop
Post Fiend
Bently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputation
Tundra with the large cab or smaller crew cab? Thing I don't like about the big cabs is they only come with a 5.5' box.

Edit:

Entertaining these Method Wheels and some Toyo AT2's to go with for my truck. Tire size will be a 295/70/18

Old 04-15-2019, 10:37 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
Tundra with the large cab or smaller crew cab? Thing I don't like about the big cabs is they only come with a 5.5' box.

Edit:

Entertaining these Method Wheels and some Toyo AT2's to go with for my truck. Tire size will be a 295/70/18
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...35568cd6e0.jpg
You know I still have those 20" rims that came with the newer truck. They are looking for. nice new home.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/w...867471119.html

Old 04-15-2019, 11:31 PM
Bently_Coop
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
You know I still have those 20" rims that came with the newer truck. They are looking for. nice new home.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/w...867471119.html
Two Issues I find with those:

1- Chrome, looking for something easy to clean and maintain
2-wrong backspacing, My truck has a Leaf spring front end with 05+ wheels already, specifically 08 Wheels that rub my leaf springs at lock.

It's sucked since I bought the truck.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:40 PM
Tim Young
Post Fiend
Good evening guys!

Trustin, Sounds like you had a good time at the RV show. I hope you can make it to lunch on the 27th!

Old 04-15-2019, 11:54 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
Two Issues I find with those:

1- Chrome, looking for something easy to clean and maintain
2-wrong backspacing, My truck has a Leaf spring front end with 05+ wheels already, specifically 08 Wheels that rub my leaf springs at lock.

It's sucked since I bought the truck.
Oh Well I tried.
The chrome needs to be sandblasted off they anyway. The guy that owned the truck must of parked it out by a
barn and not cleaned it. The rims are doing a little peeling do to not being cleaned over time. So they really
need to be media blasted and then painted or re-chromed. So if anyone knows someone looking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: