Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

2019 Annual B.S. Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 08:33 AM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Having some land to camp/RV on is a definite dream of mine. Too bad no one in my family, or even local circle
of friends, is into RV’n. My BinL and I talked about it a few years ago, but I think we would never agree on criteria.

Do you guys repack your trailer bearings annually? I just realized I need to get on that if an annual re-grease is still the recommended cycle.

Old 04-10-2019, 01:43 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
i really wish i could have ran over the scales when i had the trailer loaded down with all the garage equipment and the bed full of different concrete blocks and the other trailer on top...

Old 04-10-2019, 02:36 PM
NorthwesternCowboy
Laughing Gas
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by onug
Having some land to camp/RV on is a definite dream of mine. Too bad no one in my family, or even local circle
of friends, is into RV’n. My BinL and I talked about it a few years ago, but I think we would never agree on criteria.

Do you guys repack your trailer bearings annually? I just realized I need to get on that if an annual re-grease is still the recommended cycle.
LOL no, I need to do that, but that is buried in my list of other crap I never get to. My tires are also getting pretty bald and they sit in a dirt/grass groove on the side of my house so the rims aren't pretty anymore either, which is a bummer. But it gets from point A to point B, for now at least...
RE: Lot, yeah my wife's parents have had two side-by-side lots for 25+ years that they basically blended into one and it is their family's ultimate happy place. It has room for two full-size trailers and a camper, but now that we've converted our convoy to 4 full-size trailers at minimum 32', we need more space. One of the last undeveloped lots on the street came on the market while we were over there last year, so I called my finance guy to see if we could swing it, got the OK, and basically had my realtor from Snohomish call the Long Beach folks and submit an immediate offer so we could snag the lot. We just need to get power and water hooked in and we're ready. We'll skip septic for now because the HOA requires that it be an ugly above-ground system and we don't camp over there in long enough periods to need to dump anyhow. The HOA has a dump on the way out, so we can just tow over there if we have an emergency. We are forecasting many years of great fun, as we've currently got 4 trailers, 8 adults, 4 kids under age 4, 3 dogs, and I'm sure there will be more.

Originally Posted by Sparky83
i really wish i could have ran over the scales when i had the trailer loaded down with all the garage equipment and the bed full of different concrete blocks and the other trailer on top...
HA! I bet that would've been something! We're excited to take my wife's sister's JayCo Octane toy hauler over the scales. It's an effin' huge trailer!! My wife's dad runs total truck+trailer load at almost 18K, so he's the heaviest so far, but the Octane is pulled by an F350 and has toys in it, so I'm positive he's probably pushing over 20K easy.

We're all 6.0s (F350, F250, 2 Excursions) 3 JayCo and 1 Highland Ridge, so keep an eye out Fridays or Sundays/Mondays for the convoy moving out or coming back into town from Long Beach on any given weekend.

Old 04-10-2019, 03:09 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,530 Likes on 1,405 Posts
Having property like sounds like a good time! It would be a long ways to go for me just for a weekend!

Old 04-10-2019, 05:30 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by NorthwesternCowboy
HA! I bet that would've been something! We're excited to take my wife's sister's JayCo Octane toy hauler over the scales. It's an effin' huge trailer!! My wife's dad runs total truck+trailer load at almost 18K, so he's the heaviest so far, but the Octane is pulled by an F350 and has toys in it, so I'm positive he's probably pushing over 20K easy.
lol rode pretty smooth for all the weight i knew was back there... even rolling over the bumps felt like they werent even there...

Old 04-10-2019, 07:35 PM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NorthwesternCowboy
We are forecasting many years of great fun, as we've currently got 4 trailers, 8 adults, 4 kids under age 4, 3 dogs, and I'm sure there will be more.
That’s pretty awesome. You’re creating amazing memories for everyone. Grandparents, parents and kids.

Well, I guess I might have Schwab repack my bearings and look at my brakes. I just remembered they kind of sucked from the factory. Could never get them to be very responsive. We’ve got a busy summer planned and I’ll go nuts if they fail on the road.

I’ve got a short day tomorrow and then headed out for the weekend. Time to get some R&R up north.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:39 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Originally Posted by onug

No I don't repack. On our car trailer and my enclosed motorcycle trailer I repacked them when they were new and haven't touched either one of them sense. The first few years I had the motorcycle trailer I used it a lot, the car trailer hasn't been used as much mostly local stuff. I'm not sure that helps you out at all but that is way I do it. I probably should repack both of them if or before I plan any long trips with either of them!

Old 04-10-2019, 10:01 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Well today was a bit of an overload doing the PCE (physical capacity evaluation).
Like I told someone else I feel like my truck ran me over.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:34 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Sean, What is the physical capacity evaluation? Sounds like something a fire fighter would have to do.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:16 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
They do a PCE to see what you can do. The info is used in planing out what they are going to do with your case.
Maybe I will get to go back to work or not. It just depends on if they can find a good fit for what I can do.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:42 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
https://www.movebumpers.com/buy-diy-bumper-kits

found a cheaper alternative to the Road Armor bumpers i was liking....

Old 04-10-2019, 11:59 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Sean, Kind of like a Fire Fighter fitness test. I don't know your history? Did you get hurt at work and just getting back in physical shape?

Sparky, That looks like a nice bumper set up!

Old 04-11-2019, 12:04 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Sean, Kind of like a Fire Fighter fitness test. I don't know your history? Did you get hurt at work and just getting back in physical shape?

Sparky, That looks like a nice bumper set up!
yeah ive never liked how the Ranch hand bumpers look... and was loving the streamline looks of the Road Armor ones... ntm Road Armor was equipping the military trucks going over seas when it was really bad and survived encounters with IED's... but theyre over 2K for the one i wanted... these ones by Move are at most $1000 optioned up for the similar...

Old 04-11-2019, 12:13 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Nice, That's quite a difference!

Old 04-11-2019, 12:14 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Catch ya later Shawn, Have a good night!

Quick Reply: 2019 Annual B.S. Thread!