Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

2019 Annual B.S. Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 01:55 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,551 Likes on 1,417 Posts
That's sounds like great news Turstin, congratulations on a job well done!

Old 02-11-2019, 05:18 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Turstin you aiming for that yellow guy in the last photo?
Anyway noting better that getting what you paid for.

My truck had not been in 4WD sense last winter and you know how everyone that has vacuum hubs bitch about them not working right .
Well I turned the switch and drove. The light came on and the front end was doing it's job. No odd adventures with the front tracking the wheels.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:58 AM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We got 3” last night, which is about what I was expecting. There’s easily over a foot now in our cul-de-sac. Watched a Toyota Highlander come through last night. They’d put chains on the front wheels, so when they took the turn too fast, the rear spun completely around on them. Was fun to watch. They drove out much slower than they entered. Clowns...

My truck hasn’t moved since Friday night, so I’m going to go for a drive today. Actually a bit worried it won’t start as my battery isn’t in the best shape. We stocked up with groceries for week last Thursday, so don’t need anything thankfully. Will be interesting to see if my 4wd works. It’s been solid since my last repair...

Watching the news as I type this. The weather report seems to change daily and now they’re predicting above freezing temps during the day and freezing/snow at night for a week? That’s even worse than all the snow we’ve had.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:18 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Good morning guys! You guys be careful over there in all the snow and ice! With all the traffic and lack of driving skills it's seems dangerous to drive over there in good weather!

Onug, You never said how the brisket turned out, I hope it turned out good!

Old 02-11-2019, 06:32 PM
onug
Postmaster
Well, the truck started (slowly) and I went for a drive. The city roads are passable, but covered in snow and ice. It’s snowing like a **** right now. A neighbor just came over...he’s got his Mazda wagon stuffed, so he’s borrowing my snow shovel. I might have to go yank him out.

The brisket came out great. Maybe a bit over, but the kids won’t care. The bark was amazing. We cut them in half and froze the meat until the meal is reschuled.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:26 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
@NW looking good out there. Nice to see it all working as designed or better.

Originally Posted by Yahiko
Turstin you aiming for that yellow guy in the last photo?
Anyway noting better that getting what you paid for.

My truck had not been in 4WD sense last winter and you know how everyone that has vacuum hubs bitch about them not working right .
Well I turned the switch and drove. The light came on and the front end was doing it's job. No odd adventures with the front tracking the wheels.
I was under the impression that 99-04 trucks have the vaccuum issues.

I have some Warn hubs waiting for install, truck hasn't been in 4WD for a couple years either.
​​​​
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Good morning guys! You guys be careful over there in all the snow and ice! With all the traffic and lack of driving skills it's seems dangerous to drive over there in good weather!

Onug, You never said how the brisket turned out, I hope it turned out good!
Was cruising this morning on the way to a water heater job, afternoon the snow started coming down.

Originally Posted by onug
Well, the truck started (slowly) and I went for a drive. The city roads are passable, but covered in snow and ice. It’s snowing like a **** right now. A neighbor just came over...he’s got his Mazda wagon stuffed, so he’s borrowing my snow shovel. I might have to go yank him out.

The brisket came out great. Maybe a bit over, but the kids won’t care. The bark was amazing. We cut them in half and froze the meat until the meal is reschuled.
Changing out the battery soon? If mine is done it will be the Interstate at Costco. Some of the AGM's look sweet too though.

Let him hook up the strap so you can rip the bumper off.

Cleaned the driveway again.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:37 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
the 2005~2007 also have issues. But I have only had them act up once. I am not sure which truck that it was. They came on slow. I had heat on and
it went to the defrosters and then back to where I had it and the front end locked in. I think some of the problems is do to lack of engagement during
the rest of the year. They sit there in the same spot and the grease gets stiff from not being moved around.

I did have a 1995 F250 that the hubs failed on. More likely it was one hub that was the problem. It had been hit by a van that had spun out the
winter before and had been acting goofy after that until it finally gave up.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:44 PM
NorthwesternCowboy
Laughing Gas
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
​We put on our helping hats today to make sure Fred Meyer got their Snowmagedon delivery of bread and bananas!

2 Safe YouTube links
https://youtu.be/XhkLgDRQ-RI

https://youtu.be/5-dhsSuSCKQ
​​​​​​

Old 02-11-2019, 10:48 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
and that semi looks like its got a rabbit bumper on it...

Old 02-11-2019, 11:33 PM
NorthwesternCowboy
Laughing Gas
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
and that semi looks like its got a rabbit bumper on it...
LOL he had tow hooks protruding between the bumper and grille.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:36 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
well thats a plus... usually when the rabbit bumpers go on they take the spots where the tow hooks are supposed to go and tick off the tow truck drivers because of it..

Old 02-12-2019, 08:20 AM
onug
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop

Changing out the battery soon? If mine is done it will be the Interstate at Costco. Some of the AGM's look sweet too though.

Let him hook up the strap so you can rip the bumper off.
I’m definitely going with an AGM design. Costco might be an option. Some reviews online say the warranty is less than if you bought from somewhere else. Need to research that some more. Optima has a new yellow-top that looks pretty awesome, but not sure if it will fit. Measuring the battery box is on today’s agenda.

Well, my head cold is in full swing and my daughter is sick too. We lost power last night, so now it’s a battle to make warm caffeine. Most of our camping stuff, including the manual coffee grinder, is in the trailer. My guess is 30 seconds after we fire the side burner on the Weber, we will run out of propane. Thankfully I keep a spare handy.

Happy Tuesday everyone. It looks messy out there, so stay safe.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:30 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Originally Posted by NorthwesternCowboy
​We put on our helping hats today to make sure Fred Meyer got their Snowmagedon delivery of bread and bananas!

-Snip-
Good job Trustin!

Old 02-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Originally Posted by onug
I’m definitely going with an AGM design. Costco might be an option. Some reviews online say the warranty is less than if you bought from somewhere else. Need to research that some more. Optima has a new yellow-top that looks pretty awesome, but not sure if it will fit. Measuring the battery box is on today’s agenda.

Well, my head cold is in full swing and my daughter is sick too. We lost power last night, so now it’s a battle to make warm caffeine. Most of our camping stuff, including the manual coffee grinder, is in the trailer. My guess is 30 seconds after we fire the side burner on the Weber, we will run out of propane. Thankfully I keep a spare handy.

Happy Tuesday everyone. It looks messy out there, so stay safe.
Hope you got power back by now! And I hope you start feeling better soon!

The yellow top battery looks like a good one! I have a red top for the Bronco but I should have and I might still put a yellow top on it when the time comes!

Old 02-12-2019, 03:41 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
@NW nice job

@Onug losing power sucks, hope you recover soon

Maaco called this morning, currently finishing assembly and detailing. Should be ready tomorrow.

@Yahiko didn't realize the O5+ trucks had similar issues

Quick Reply: 2019 Annual B.S. Thread!