Bolt on exhaust or true dual? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
5.0L Coyote 5.0l Ford OHC Coyote engine for 2011+

Bolt on exhaust or true dual?

Old 12-31-2018, 10:13 PM
Haulinbass02
Senior User
Haulinbass02 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bolt on exhaust or true dual?

So Im looking at possibly going with long tube headers in addition to an exhaust system and doing it all at once. All of the bolt on long tubes with collectors and cats etc obviously go into a single exhaust pipe to go into the factory SI/SO muffler.
This is ideal for someone like me who does all of their own work since I can basically bolt on the LTs and then a good cat back system as well and never have to go to a muffler shop.
Im just wondering though if there is any benefit to putting LTs on and then having a true dual system built? It would obviously require me to either have the exhaust shop install the LTs or trailer my truck over there after I install them.
Just a musing I had before I pull the trigger one way or the other.....

Old 01-06-2019, 11:08 AM
TJReams
Posting Guru
TJReams is a splendid one to beholdTJReams is a splendid one to beholdTJReams is a splendid one to beholdTJReams is a splendid one to beholdTJReams is a splendid one to beholdTJReams is a splendid one to beholdTJReams is a splendid one to behold
I have been thinking about building a true dual exhaust also. i just like the way it sounds.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.