From Peragon to Retrax Pro XR - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From Peragon to Retrax Pro XR

Old 12-31-2018, 02:08 AM
77mmbass
Junior User
77mmbass is starting off with a positive reputation.
From Peragon to Retrax Pro XR

When I bought my 2014 Tundra I put a Peragon cover on it. It did fine most of the time around town but when I went out of town and hit 80mph on the highway the wind made it flex and it became noisy. When I took it through the car wash, the dryers gave it a beating and would flex pretty bad. I like the way it worked but felt in the end felt it was a bit flimsy.
Peragon was great to buy from and their customer service was awesome.

Recently I decided to go to a 3/4 ton pickup and went back to a Ford Superduty. First add on is a bed cover. I did a ton of research and asked questions here on FTE and the name that kept popping up was Retrax Pro.
So I took the plunge and picked one up at a great discount. It was very easy to put on and is built like a tank. I've taken it out of town twice and through the carwash three times. It is tough and does not flex or make noise.

So in the end the Peragon was good but the Retrax Pro was a lot better for my needs. Yeah it cost a few hundred more but the sturdiness is well worth saving up for it.

Just a thread to share my experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.