Running good and then just quit, help. - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Running good and then just quit, help.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:49 AM
Pintlala
Freshman User
Pintlala is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hide-sight 20-20. Did not do either, just used air impact wrench and just got it as tight as I could. Would have been better to do it your way.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:25 PM
Kurttb1
Senior User
Kurttb1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Pintlala View Post
Hide-sight 20-20. Did not do either, just used air impact wrench and just got it as tight as I could. Would have been better to do it your way.
Wow that is living dangerously.. like inviting more problems..

Old 03-17-2019, 04:11 PM
Pintlala
Freshman User
Pintlala is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello, 'It Lives'!!!. Changed the oil and after two cranks the truck fired up. Held rough idle and no back fire. 'Ear timed' the distributor and the idle soothed out. Will run with the points for awhile after setting the dwell and timing with multimeter and timing light. Will go back to the Petronas 1281 electronic points after a bit and when I figure out how to wire around the ballast (Tedster9, I may be looking for more detailed advice).

Hope everything settles down for awhile and we can use it for farm chores and not just mechanic on it. I thank everyone for there concern and input.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Old 03-17-2019, 05:08 PM
FuzzFace2
Post Fiend
FuzzFace2 has a great reputation on FTE.FuzzFace2 has a great reputation on FTE.FuzzFace2 has a great reputation on FTE.FuzzFace2 has a great reputation on FTE.FuzzFace2 has a great reputation on FTE.FuzzFace2 has a great reputation on FTE.
Good to hear you got it running again bet it feels good.
Now go have that green beer
Dave ----

Old 03-18-2019, 03:13 PM
old28
Senior User
old28 is starting off with a positive reputation.
X2 ---

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.