1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serious Question about ReadyLift 3.5” kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 02:31 PM
Chuckfx4350
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Serious Question about ReadyLift 3.5” kit

I have seen that the ready lift is a pretty popular option for people that are wanting a mid lift kit. After pricing the 3.5” ReadyLift kit out with the manufacturers recommended anti wobble track bar the price of the kit is $1450. That doesn’t even come with springs or shocks. I then looked into A BDS 4” lift with Fox 2.0 shocks and and dual steering stabilizer with add a leaf and rear blocks and that kit comes to $1920.
For less than $500 more you can get a complete new suspension lift kit compared to a spacer kit that will save you very little in the scheme of things. Is there something that I am missing???

I am new to the Superduty family just picking up a 2012 F250 Lariat and am in the market for a mild 3”-4” kit.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and advanced thanks for your answers

Old 12-18-2018, 09:20 PM
DieselBeast01
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have ready lift 4" rear blocks, and a set of rough country 2.5" spacers in the front. Total lift is 2.5" in the front, and 2" in the back. Sits perfectly level. Total cost was less than $225 ($525 after bilstien shocks were installed) ready lift blocks were like 185 bucks and the spacers were somewhere in the 50 dollar range if I remember correctly. The ready lift 3.5" SST kit w/ track bar bracket that I see on there website is only $800, so I'm not sure where your numbers are coming from. There are no shocks with it, but with Bilsteins, you would only be at roughly 1100 bucks for the hole shabang. The BDS kit you mention is super expensive because it comes with coils instead of spacers. Any kit with full coils will cost some coin. If I were going to go to full coils in the front and get rid of my spacers, I wouldn't even look an any other brand other than Carli, and I would purchase their progressive coils. If your going to spend the money for a set of coils, they may as well be the best.

I don't know what size tire you plan on running, but I can run 37s with my current lift. Just an FYI.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:25 PM
Chuckfx4350
Senior User
Thanks for the reply and the information. The pricing I am getting is from their website. They have the 3.5” kit for $800 and the anti wobble track bar for $650. That’s where I got the $1450 price for the total setup. I’m sure I could piece together a setup from different manufacturers but I prefer to use the same manufacturers gear all the way around. So I feel like the value is better with spending the money on a lift with new springs and shocks unless there is something that I am missing.

Again thanks for the response. With over 130 views I thought I might have gotten a few more opinions. Hopefully more folks will chime in.

Also I plan on running a 35” tire specifically a 295/65/20

Last edited by Chuckfx4350; 12-19-2018 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Forgot to add
Old 12-20-2018, 08:29 AM
vermilian
Senior User
Look into bilstien, they actually make a Kit like the Carli system with longer 5100 series shocks and a longer progressive rate front coil. It’s only 2.5” but seeing as how you want to run 35’s that would be the perfect set up. Plus the lift is so mild it won’t affect your steering or suspension geometry (no adjustable track bar needed) that’s what I’m running on mine, I also ordered a set of 5” blocks for the rear to replace my stock 4” blocks. Pretty sure I’m the only person here that doesn’t like a level sitting truck hahahahaa

just a susggestion.

Old 12-20-2018, 03:47 PM
DieselBeast01
Posting Guru
With 3.5", you shouldn't need to purchase a new track bar. The track bar relocation bracket should do just fine. I personally would not spend that much money on a 3.5" lift. If I was going to drop that kind of coin, I would buy the best of the best in a smaller lift. These trucks will run 35s in stock form. If you lift it more than 2", you may as well plan on running 37s so it doesn't look goofy.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:27 PM
Chuckfx4350
Senior User
Originally Posted by vermilian
Look into bilstien, they actually make a Kit like the Carli system with longer 5100 series shocks and a longer progressive rate front coil. It’s only 2.5” but seeing as how you want to run 35’s that would be the perfect set up. Plus the lift is so mild it won’t affect your steering or suspension geometry (no adjustable track bar needed) that’s what I’m running on mine, I also ordered a set of 5” blocks for the rear to replace my stock 4” blocks. Pretty sure I’m the only person here that doesn’t like a level sitting truck hahahahaa

just a susggestion.
Thanks for the information! I have looked at virtually every system but did not know Bilstein made a kit. I will look into that.

Originally Posted by DieselBeast01
With 3.5", you shouldn't need to purchase a new track bar. The track bar relocation bracket should do just fine. I personally would not spend that much money on a 3.5" lift. If I was going to drop that kind of coin, I would buy the best of the best in a smaller lift. These trucks will run 35s in stock form. If you lift it more than 2", you may as well plan on running 37s so it doesn't look goofy.
I totally agree that is too much for a 3.5” lift especially a spacer lift. I have looked at many kits and narrowed it down to the Carli, Icon or BDS 2.5” kit. I tow a 20’ flatbed with a tractor that’s hooked to a piece of equipment that weighs about 10,000 lbs. it seems that from what I have read the Carli lift says considerably when towing. Which has me concerned with that option especially for the price. That being said I am leaning towards the BDS. Although I now need to look into the bikstein lift as well. Any thoughts on that decision? Thanks!

Last edited by Chuckfx4350; 12-20-2018 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Bunch of errors
Old 12-20-2018, 07:30 PM
Chuckfx4350
Senior User
Also I have ran 37’s on my past two Jeeps and although they look amazing that’s all they bring to the table for a DD IMO, so I will b staying with 35’s so 2.5” lift it is!

Old 12-20-2018, 07:48 PM
eberlestock
Laughing Gas
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Rough country makes a complete 3" kit at a reasonable price. I ran one on my 12 and now the same kit on my 2017. About $1200 Canadian up here. Complete with shocks, springs and all drop brackets

Old 12-20-2018, 08:00 PM
DieselBeast01
Posting Guru
BDS, ICON, and Carli all make very good lift components for these trucks. You may also want to look into PMF (pmfsuspensions.com) since you have decided to stay at 2.5" of lift. They have some awesome stuff, and it is great quality, but their prices are comparable to Carli.

For you viewing pleasure and to see what 35s with 2.5"s looks like. The 35s are worn, and the step bar is bent making the truck look like it has a rake, but i does not. Sits completely level. If I had of done more research, I would have stayed stock and ran 35s that way, but at least now that I'm lifted, I can change rims and not have to worry about scrubbing.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:00 PM
Chuckfx4350
Senior User
Originally Posted by eberlestock
Rough country makes a complete 3" kit at a reasonable price. I ran one on my 12 and now the same kit on my 2017. About $1200 Canadian up here. Complete with shocks, springs and all drop brackets
how do you like the RC in terms of ride quality?

Old 12-20-2018, 08:08 PM
Chuckfx4350
Senior User
BDS, ICON, and Carli all make very good lift components for these trucks. You may also want to look into PMF (pmfsuspensions.com) since you have decided to stay at 2.5" of lift. They have some awesome stuff, and it is great quality, but their prices are comparable to Carli.

For you viewing pleasure and to see what 35s with 2.5"s looks like. The 35s are worn, and the step bar is bent making the truck look like it has a rake, but i does not. Sits completely level. If I had of done more research, I would have stayed stock and ran 35s that way, but at least now that I'm lifted, I can change rims and not have to worry about scrubbing.

That looks really good! I like some space between the wheel and fender and that looks just right to me. I will also look into PMF. At this point I am not sure if the Carli or possibly PMF is worth the extra money compared to BDS? I had a RC lift on a Jeep and it was ok. Then my second Jeep I spent some money because I wanted a great ride and went with the AEV lift and didn’t think the extra cost was warranted for the end result. But I do want a quality kit that will last and not compromise a truck that’s considerably more than a Jeep! Thanks for all the information and pics! Ride looks killer

Old 12-20-2018, 08:23 PM
DieselBeast01
Posting Guru
I have ran RC lifts before, and was tempted to buy their full kit for this truck, but I originally thought I was going to leave the back alone and only level it. Long story short, it had the calli lean, dog squat, etc. look after only leveling and I hated it. Had to bring the rear up a couple inches, and it ended up like it is now. One thing I like about PMF is that their rear blocks are angled on the top to eliminate the need for the driveshaft carrier bearing spacer and angle the rear pinion upward and get a more factory pinion angle. The spacer is only used on crew cabs, extended cabs like mine do not need it (no carrier bearing, the driveshaft is one piece) but I think my pinion angle is a little off because of how much lift I have, and I may be wearing some u joints down prematurely. The PMF blocks would fix that, and are on the list of things to do.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:23 PM
Chuckfx4350
Senior User
Just looked at the PMF site and they are definitely pricey! I would be a little hesitant to drop that much coin on a lift that I have not read any reviews from other people. I also haven’t really seen anyone say they have this lift. Is it very popular and people just don’t talk about it?

Old 12-20-2018, 08:32 PM
DieselBeast01
Posting Guru
There is a guy that frequents this forum, his name escapes me right now, but he has a mixture of Carli and PMF stuff on his truck and says it rides like a Cadillac. Looks amazing too. Black Crew Cab long Box truck with silver and black 17" rims. Check around in the picture threads to find him.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:43 PM
Chuckfx4350
Senior User
10 4, I will start the search

Quick Reply: Serious Question about ReadyLift 3.5” kit