Serious Question about ReadyLift 3.5Ē kit - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 1999 to 2016 Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Serious Question about ReadyLift 3.5Ē kit

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Serious Question about ReadyLift 3.5Ē kit

 
  #61  
Old 01-15-2019, 07:58 AM
89LX306
89LX306 is online now
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,677
89LX306 has a great reputation on FTE.89LX306 has a great reputation on FTE.89LX306 has a great reputation on FTE.89LX306 has a great reputation on FTE.89LX306 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Chuckfx4350 View Post


Cool thanks for that because I was not having much luck!

Sorry for the delayed response. I have been on the other side of the world in Nepal the last few weeks and completely off the grid. It was amazing!

My truck isn't any magic formula. I attribute most of the ride quality to dropping from 20" wheels to 17" wheels and running my tire pressures in the low 30's when unloaded. I have run a Carli leveling kit on it since shortly after I bought the truck new (back when the Carli kit only cost $900). I went taller to run the new wheels and tires due to offset. I added One Up Offroad adjustable coil levelers, Carli radius arm brackets and a PMF rear block (I tow a 5th wheel or I would have done Carli rear springs). It definitely rides smoother than it did before. I'm pleased, my wife is pleased...that is all that matters to me.

I do agree that 34s will look odd on a 4" lifted truck. I thought 35's looked too small when it was leveled. I have now run 37's for about 65k miles. Even have a 37" spare tucked up in the stock location.

 
  #62  
Old 01-15-2019, 12:28 PM
Ryan Russell
Ryan Russell is offline
New User
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Ryan Russell is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rough Country 3Ē

Here is a picture of my 15 f250 with a RC 3Ē and 35ís I have zero complaints with the kit or ride quality
 
  #63  
Old 01-15-2019, 05:13 PM
DieselBeast01's Avatar
DieselBeast01
DieselBeast01 is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Seneca, SC
Posts: 1,652
DieselBeast01 has a good reputation on FTE.DieselBeast01 has a good reputation on FTE.
Nice to know that a 37 will fit in the stock spare location. I was wondering what I was going to do if I got a flat?
 
  #64  
Old 01-15-2019, 06:27 PM
Sir Kayakalot's Avatar
Sir Kayakalot
Sir Kayakalot is online now
Elder User
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Mountainburg AR
Posts: 556
Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yep, I too have a 37” for a spare. It’s tight but it fits. I did the muffler delete on mine so I removed the heat shield next to the spare to make more room.
 
  #65  
Old 01-15-2019, 07:09 PM
Chuckfx4350
Chuckfx4350 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 134
Chuckfx4350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by 89LX306 View Post
Sorry for the delayed response. I have been on the other side of the world in Nepal the last few weeks and completely off the grid. It was amazing!

My truck isn't any magic formula. I attribute most of the ride quality to dropping from 20" wheels to 17" wheels and running my tire pressures in the low 30's when unloaded. I have run a Carli leveling kit on it since shortly after I bought the truck new (back when the Carli kit only cost $900). I went taller to run the new wheels and tires due to offset. I added One Up Offroad adjustable coil levelers, Carli radius arm brackets and a PMF rear block (I tow a 5th wheel or I would have done Carli rear springs). It definitely rides smoother than it did before. I'm pleased, my wife is pleased...that is all that matters to me.

I do agree that 34s will look odd on a 4" lifted truck. I thought 35's looked too small when it was leveled. I have now run 37's for about 65k miles. Even have a 37" spare tucked up in the stock location.

Nepal sounds like a cool trip! Business or pleasure or a little of both?

Your truck looks awesome, very proportional as if thatís the way it should come from the factory! Iím new to the super duty world and at first I didnít like the long beds but the more I see them the more I like them especially ones like yours with a little lift! So you said you had a leveling kit but then went higher, what height is your kit?

I tow about 12,000 to 15000 lbs about 40% of my driving so i dont want to loose the stock towing ability. You said you still tow a good bit and with the 37ís and your lift there are no negatives in that regard?

About the 37ís, how big of a hit did you take on your MPGís and have you re-geared?
 
  #66  
Old 01-15-2019, 07:14 PM
Chuckfx4350
Chuckfx4350 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 134
Chuckfx4350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Sir Kayakalot View Post
Your current tires are going to look goofy with a 4Ē lift. Sell the tires you have now to go towards the new set. Then you wonít have to buy tires for a long time so itís really better in the long run. Tell her I said so. And donít let her slam any more doors. When she does that you kick it down. All of my ex wives will tell you thatís the best way to handle that
I will run that by her and let you know what she says lol!

When I lift it whichever height i decide if it doesnít look right i will get the tires i think i need to make it look right and me happy. Wouldnít be the first time i do something to one of my vehicles after she told me she didnít want me too!

Better to asl forgiveness than permission.
 
  #67  
Old 01-15-2019, 07:19 PM
Chuckfx4350
Chuckfx4350 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 134
Chuckfx4350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Ryan Russell View Post
Here is a picture of my 15 f250 with a RC 3Ē and 35ís I have zero complaints with the kit or ride quality
That looks really good! So are you riding on the RC shocks? Did you use anything other than what came in the kit?And are those 20Ē wheels?
 
  #68  
Old 01-15-2019, 08:21 PM
Ryan Russell
Ryan Russell is offline
New User
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Ryan Russell is starting off with a positive reputation.
[QUOTE=Chuckfx4350;18420539]


That looks really good! So are you riding on the RC shocks? Did you use anything other than what came in the kit?And are those 20Ē wheels?

Yes only thing added was a RC dual stabalizer, I went with the kit that replaced the factory coils rather than spacers and used the provided RC shocks. The wheels are 20x9
 
  #69  
Old 01-15-2019, 08:55 PM
Chuckfx4350
Chuckfx4350 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 134
Chuckfx4350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
[QUOTE=Ryan Russell;18420688]
Originally Posted by Chuckfx4350 View Post


That looks really good! So are you riding on the RC shocks? Did you use anything other than what came in the kit?And are those 20” wheels?



Yes only thing added was a RC dual stabalizer, I went with the kit that replaced the factory coils rather than spacers and used the provided RC shocks. The wheels are 20x9
Originally Posted by Chuckfx4350 View Post
interesting I had thought if I went with a kit that didn’t have fox or blistein shocks I would try them out before upgrading. Did you notice a major loss in MPG after the lift?

Did you isntsll or have a shop shop do it?if a shop did it what did it run? I don’t have the skill to do my own lift but I have a few buddies that do that I might recruit if it is fairly easy for someone with a mechanical background

also the kit comes with 2” blocks so you stacked them on your factory blocks?
 
  #70  
Old 01-15-2019, 09:29 PM
Ryan Russell
Ryan Russell is offline
New User
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Ryan Russell is starting off with a positive reputation.
[QUOTE=Chuckfx4350;18420809]
Originally Posted by Ryan Russell View Post


interesting I had thought if I went with a kit that didnít have fox or blistein shocks I would try them out before upgrading. Did you notice a major loss in MPG after the lift?

Did you isntsll or have a shop shop do it?if a shop did it what did it run? I donít have the skill to do my own lift but I have a few buddies that do that I might recruit if it is fairly easy for someone with a mechanical background

also the kit comes with 2Ē blocks so you stacked them on your factory blocks?

I had a shop do the install I honestly donít remember what they charged, seems like it was in the area of $300. Yes the blocks are stacked while Iím not a huge fan of that it has never given me a problem. Only issue Iíve had is when I get a good load on my dump trailer(enough to sag the rear) my front drive shaft is extremely close to rubbing on the catalytic converter due to the angle change. Iíve not had any problems but would like to find a good way to resolve that. There was no MPG change that I noticed, the truck came with 34ís from the factory so the 1Ē difference wasnít a big deal.
 
  #71  
Old 01-16-2019, 05:26 AM
Sir Kayakalot's Avatar
Sir Kayakalot
Sir Kayakalot is online now
Elder User
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Mountainburg AR
Posts: 556
Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There is a metal tab connecting those two catalytic converters together. Cut that right in the middle then loosen your exhaust upstream and downstream and pry it over towards the passenger side. It’ll move at least 1 1/2”. Then re-tighten all exhaust components and re-weld that tab connecting the catalytic converters and you’re good to go. Simple fix
 
  #72  
Old 01-16-2019, 05:58 AM
Ryan Russell
Ryan Russell is offline
New User
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Ryan Russell is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Sir Kayakalot View Post
There is a metal tab connecting those two catalytic converters together. Cut that right in the middle then loosen your exhaust upstream and downstream and pry it over towards the passenger side. Itíll move at least 1 1/2Ē. Then re-tighten all exhaust components and re-weld that tab connecting the catalytic converters and youíre good to go. Simple fix
Nice, I will check that out this weekend. Thanks for the tip!
 
  #73  
Old 01-16-2019, 07:56 AM
89LX306
89LX306 is online now
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,677
89LX306 has a great reputation on FTE.89LX306 has a great reputation on FTE.89LX306 has a great reputation on FTE.89LX306 has a great reputation on FTE.89LX306 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Chuckfx4350 View Post


Nepal sounds like a cool trip! Business or pleasure or a little of both?

Your truck looks awesome, very proportional as if thatís the way it should come from the factory! Iím new to the super duty world and at first I didnít like the long beds but the more I see them the more I like them especially ones like yours with a little lift! So you said you had a leveling kit but then went higher, what height is your kit?

I tow about 12,000 to 15000 lbs about 40% of my driving so i dont want to loose the stock towing ability. You said you still tow a good bit and with the 37ís and your lift there are no negatives in that regard?

About the 37ís, how big of a hit did you take on your MPGís and have you re-geared?
Nepal was amazing. It was business with a day of fun thrown in. We covered more than half of eastern Nepal by ground once we got there. It was a lot of travel...ground and air.

Total lift on my truck right now is right at 4.5". My 5th wheel is 12k lbs and right at 13 feet tall. I have towed it from Houston to Ouray, CO and noticed no issues. On the trip to Ouray we went with friends. He has a 2013 truck identical to mine. We were both leveled at the time, he had 35's on factory 20's and I had 37's on factory 20's. He was consistently putting more fuel in at fuel stops than I was. Not sure why, but he was. Both trucks were stock other than level and tires, both campers were roughly the same length, height, weight. I have not ever re-geared and don't feel a need to with the 6.7.

Honestly, I don't pay much attention to fuel mileage. I typically get 10 mpg towing my 5th wheel if I hand calculate. I haven't hand calculated any highway mileage with the current lift/tires. I do a lot of city driving...I live in Houston, so my mileage numbers will likely be lower than others that get more uninterrupted highway driving.

Welcome to the Hemilayas!

 
  #74  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:28 AM
Sir Kayakalot's Avatar
Sir Kayakalot
Sir Kayakalot is online now
Elder User
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Mountainburg AR
Posts: 556
Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Beautiful pic! Is that Mount Everest?
 
  #75  
Old 01-16-2019, 12:27 PM
89LX306
89LX306 is online now
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,677
89LX306 has a great reputation on FTE.89LX306 has a great reputation on FTE.89LX306 has a great reputation on FTE.89LX306 has a great reputation on FTE.89LX306 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Sir Kayakalot View Post
Beautiful pic! Is that Mount Everest?
That is what we believe it to be. I took this out of our little turbo prop plane, but we compared with other pics online and came to the conclusion the mountain with snow blowing off the peak was Everest.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.