Serious Question about ReadyLift 3.5” kit - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 1999 to 2016 Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Serious Question about ReadyLift 3.5” kit

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Serious Question about ReadyLift 3.5” kit

 
  #46  
Old 01-10-2019, 08:12 PM
DieselBeast01's Avatar
DieselBeast01
DieselBeast01 is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Seneca, SC
Posts: 1,652
DieselBeast01 has a good reputation on FTE.DieselBeast01 has a good reputation on FTE.
From what you said in your post, I think you have already narrowed it down. Rough country is the one you are going to go with. I would seriously consider getting some better shocks than the ones that come with the kit or you may quickly realize that the ride you felt in that RC lifted truck was the Fox 2.0s not necessarily the lift itself.
 
  #47  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:10 PM
Chuckfx4350
Chuckfx4350 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 134
Chuckfx4350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by DieselBeast01 View Post
From what you said in your post, I think you have already narrowed it down. Rough country is the one you are going to go with. I would seriously consider getting some better shocks than the ones that come with the kit or you may quickly realize that the ride you felt in that RC lifted truck was the Fox 2.0s not necessarily the lift itself.
For sure like i said in my last post every kit i tested had Fox 2.0 shocks and i attributed the good ride for all the kits to the shocks so whichever kit i go with will have the 2.0 Fox shocks. The main dilemma is the RC quality and reliability over time. I would go with them if i could be reassured I wouldn’t have to replace the kit in a year or 2 because i prefer the 3” lift to the 4”. But if the BDS is going to last me longer i will go with there kit. Wish BDS had a 3” kit that would make my decision much easier.
 
  #48  
Old 01-11-2019, 05:03 AM
Ron94150's Avatar
Ron94150
Ron94150 is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Maryville, TN
Posts: 3,000
Ron94150 is a name known to allRon94150 is a name known to allRon94150 is a name known to allRon94150 is a name known to allRon94150 is a name known to allRon94150 is a name known to all
Do the bds and 37's. Bds is high quality stuff if you can afford it. Never heard anyone that thought they went to big, but plenty of times people have wished they went bigger. I think my 37s are small now. And let's face it, if height was a huge concern as a work truck, you wouldn't be lifting it at all! And an extra inch isn't going to be a difference when towing, especially when you factor in the offset of the wheels.A factory f350 sits higher than a factory f250...

My only concern is, if you can get a BDS kit for the same price as a RC and even a readylift, I have to wonder about the prices you are getting on the later two.
 
  #49  
Old 01-11-2019, 03:09 PM
DieselBeast01's Avatar
DieselBeast01
DieselBeast01 is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Seneca, SC
Posts: 1,652
DieselBeast01 has a good reputation on FTE.DieselBeast01 has a good reputation on FTE.
Just some reference for you...did this today. Fuel Maverick 20x10 with 37x12.50 Dick Cepec tires. Rubs on the radius arm at full lock, but not enough to worry about. 2.5" lift in the front, 2" in the back.



 
  #50  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:22 PM
Chuckfx4350
Chuckfx4350 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 134
Chuckfx4350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Ron94150 View Post
Do the bds and 37's. Bds is high quality stuff if you can afford it. Never heard anyone that thought they went to big, but plenty of times people have wished they went bigger. I think my 37s are small now. And let's face it, if height was a huge concern as a work truck, you wouldn't be lifting it at all! And an extra inch isn't going to be a difference when towing, especially when you factor in the offset of the wheels.A factory f350 sits higher than a factory f250...

My only concern is, if you can get a BDS kit for the same price as a RC and even a readylift, I have to wonder about the prices you are getting on the later two.
These are the basic prices of the kits with the Fox 2.0 shocks so the kits are within a couple hundred bucks.
The Rough Country lift is $600 then add the cost of the Fox 2.0 shocks at $600 total cost is $1200
ReadyLift is $800 plus the Fox 2.0 at $600 and total cost is $1400
BDS kit that comes with Fox 2.0 shocks is $1537

If I am off on the prices or you guys know of better priced vendors to get stuff for F250’s please share! When I had my Jeep there are so many dedicated sites for Jeep stuff but I haven’t found very many for the F250. These prices are from Stage 3 Motorsports.
 
  #51  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:24 PM
Chuckfx4350
Chuckfx4350 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 134
Chuckfx4350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by DieselBeast01 View Post
Just some reference for you...did this today. Fuel Maverick 20x10 with 37x12.50 Dick Cepec tires. Rubs on the radius arm at full lock, but not enough to worry about. 2.5" lift in the front, 2" in the back.


stuffed for sure! Looking good but I personally prefer a little more space between the tire and fender.
 
  #52  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:51 PM
Sir Kayakalot's Avatar
Sir Kayakalot
Sir Kayakalot is online now
Elder User
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Mountainburg AR
Posts: 556
Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
In your original post you said the BDS lift is $1920. Now you’re saying $1537. Is there a difference in the two lifts’ components or did you just find a better price? I’d definitely go with BDS over the other two. A 4” lift is going to give you that wheelwell space you want and also give you the option to run 37s if ever you decide. I put the 6” Zone off-road (made by BDS) lift on my 14 F350 and love it. My only regret is not going with 8” instead of 6”. I’m only 5’10” and have no problems unloading materials out of the back. Yes it would be easier if the truck wasn’t lifted, but if it’s something too big and heavy I just use my trailer. As far as towing goes, I pull my 26’ houseboat that weighs almost 10k with no problems, and that’s with 3.73s. 400hp motor handles it fine. People pull more with less horsepower all the time. Think about all the poor Chevy trucks out there ��. I also have my slide in camper in the truck most of the summer. Think hard about the 4” lift. Like Ron said, no one ever thinks they went too big.
 
  #53  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:59 PM
Chuckfx4350
Chuckfx4350 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 134
Chuckfx4350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Ron94150 View Post
Do the bds and 37's. Bds is high quality stuff if you can afford it. Never heard anyone that thought they went to big, but plenty of times people have wished they went bigger. I think my 37s are small now.
I really want to stick with 35’s. When I switched from 35’s to 37’s on my Jeep I really took a hit on MPG and acceleration and want to avoid going down that path again.
 
  #54  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:03 PM
Chuckfx4350
Chuckfx4350 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 134
Chuckfx4350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Sir Kayakalot View Post
In your original post you said the BDS lift is $1920. Now you’re saying $1537. Is there a difference in the two lifts’ components or did you just find a better price? I’d definitely go with BDS over the other two. A 4” lift is going to give you that wheelwell space you want and also give you the option to run 37s if ever you decide. I put the 6” Zone off-road (made by BDS) lift on my 14 F350 and love it. My only regret is not going with 8” instead of 6”. I’m only 5’10” and have no problems unloading materials out of the back. Yes it would be easier if the truck wasn’t lifted, but if it’s something too big and heavy I just use my trailer. As far as towing goes, I pull my 26’ houseboat that weighs almost 10k with no problems, and that’s with 3.73s. 400hp motor handles it fine. People pull more with less horsepower all the time. Think about all the poor Chevy trucks out there ��. I also have my slide in camper in the truck most of the summer. Think hard about the 4” lift. Like Ron said, no one ever thinks they went too big.
yeah the first price is a 4” BDS kit I built on the BDS website with steering stabilizer rear add a leaf and some other things. The last price I posted was just the basic kit with the Fox shocks for price comparisons between the BDS,RC and ReadyLift.

I am starting to lean towards the 4” kit because I agree with you and the other guys that have posted that you never regret going a little bigger. Plus if it doesn’t inhibit my towing I will just have to hit the gym a little harder to get things into the bed that extra inch lol! I did not get a chance to try a zone kit but I think I will look into that as well. What shocks did you go with on your kit?
 
  #55  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:15 PM
Sir Kayakalot's Avatar
Sir Kayakalot
Sir Kayakalot is online now
Elder User
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Mountainburg AR
Posts: 556
Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I went with the upgraded shocks that Zone offered and they are gas shocks. The truck handles so much better than stock that I never saw a reason to get a better shock. Not saying they’re as good as Fox but I have no complaints.
 
  #56  
Old 01-13-2019, 08:03 PM
Chuckfx4350
Chuckfx4350 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 134
Chuckfx4350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
So I (and you guys lol) have talked myself into a 4” lift and am trying to decide between the zone and BDS. I know that they are the same company but want to clarify that the only main difference is the warranty BDS offers compared to Zone? Also since I my main use will be on paved roads and towing with very little light off-roading do I need the radius arm kit or will I be good with just the kit with the drop brackets? Does the radius arm kit improve ride or handling?
 
  #57  
Old 01-13-2019, 08:09 PM
Chuckfx4350
Chuckfx4350 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 134
Chuckfx4350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Sir Kayakalot View Post
I went with the upgraded shocks that Zone offered and they are gas shocks. The truck handles so much better than stock that I never saw a reason to get a better shock. Not saying they’re as good as Fox but I have no complaints.
the upgraded shocks are the Nitro shocksor the the Fox Adventure series? Also not sure if you know but I heard that the Fox Adventure Series are not actually made by Fox but a knockoff?
 
  #58  
Old 01-13-2019, 09:08 PM
Sir Kayakalot's Avatar
Sir Kayakalot
Sir Kayakalot is online now
Elder User
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Mountainburg AR
Posts: 556
Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Chuckfx4350 View Post


the upgraded shocks are the Nitro shocksor the the Fox Adventure series? Also not sure if you know but I heard that the Fox Adventure Series are not actually made by Fox but a knockoff?
Its been 3-4 years since I bought my lift but back then the nitrogen shocks were an upgrade. Those are the ones that I got and am happy with. I like the radius arms vs drop brackets for a couple of reasons. The new radius arms are beefy compared to the stock ford radius arms. Also I’m just not a fan of the drop brackets because in my opinion they don’t look as good because I don’t like anything hanging down underneath the truck. The new radius arms from Zone are indexed to where they rotate your axle to adjust for caster. The Zone radius arms are very heavy duty compared to the stamped steel OEM radius arms.
 
  #59  
Old 01-14-2019, 07:12 PM
Chuckfx4350
Chuckfx4350 is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 134
Chuckfx4350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ok my wife (the sensible minded one in the family lol) said she had no problem with me getting the lift but when I told her I would be getting new tires she slammed the door on that idea! Which I get what she’s saying since the tires really aren’t worn down much. So my question is the current tires I have are a 34” and if I put a 4” lift and stay on with my current tires how bad will that look? Should I wait until I need new tires for the lift or just pull the trigger?
 
  #60  
Old 01-14-2019, 08:38 PM
Sir Kayakalot's Avatar
Sir Kayakalot
Sir Kayakalot is online now
Elder User
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Mountainburg AR
Posts: 556
Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Your current tires are going to look goofy with a 4” lift. Sell the tires you have now to go towards the new set. Then you won’t have to buy tires for a long time so it’s really better in the long run. Tell her I said so. And don’t let her slam any more doors. When she does that you kick it down. All of my ex wives will tell you that’s the best way to handle that
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.