Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Appearance & Dress-Up
Reload this Page >

97 interior swap to 2018

Notices

97 interior swap to 2018

Old 12-17-2018, 11:20 AM
John Buck
Junior User
John Buck is starting off with a positive reputation.
97 interior swap to 2018

i think the 2018 ford f350 super duty limited truck blacked out interior looks pretty good and wanted to know if anyone has simply upgraded an obs to a newer gen interior? i forgot the link and where but remember seeing an old 87 f150 have a 2014 or so, raptor interior and looked pretty good and was well done.

the electrical wiring is the only thing i see that would be troublesome, and also was planning on doing a 2016 super duty tow mirrow upgrade with the 2018 interior given not only looks better in my opinion but heated signaling telscopic and more mirror clearance view help see around how damn big my truck is going to be,

wouldnt imagine it really being a problem wiring wise with the 16 mirrors with 18 interior link up, dont like the 18 style mirrors, saw someone with an 03 excursion have the 2018 style tow mirrors and they didnt look that good at all, and i have an idea with the newer gen tow mirrors usually people blocking the window vent with a mounting plate, i thought of a way to avoid that all together and still have access to the window vent no problem with full flex, not sure why no one thought of this let alone given the mirror dimensions.

aside from all that any newer interior gen replacement help would be greatly appreciated, as to where i would be able to find everything, like headliner, steering wheel, dash, center console, seats, and everything etc., hardly found anything on ebay or google or amazon, so emailed ford directly and waiting to hear back, also frequently check wrecking yards but you got to be quick and like a vulture for finds like that and be on point, because people doing the same thing all over all around the state and such.

along with doing the interior upgrade, im going to be doing completely revamp with sound deadening material, and make a custom rollcage, that is contoured to accompany the entire crew cab passengers, seen someone with a crew cab who did this but they removed the back set of seats, which i dont plan to do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.