2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Is any dealership "dealing"

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 10:03 AM
kendall69
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GABAR
If a vehicle is very popular and selling well, there really is no need for any dealer to come too much off the price because they generally know what their competition is selling the same vehicle for.
You know that was my thought when I left the dealer the day before yesterday. Yesterday and Army of support from this site for member all over the USA chimed in and sent me private messages and messases here out in the open.

What I learned is that no matter how popular an item is there a thousands of dealers and someone out there WILL DEAL no matter how popular a vehicle is. The very best I found for exactly the truck I was looking for was from $1,000.00 discount all the way to $10,000.00 discount FOR THE EXACT SAME TRUCK, option for option.

Currently I may have a winner withing an hour of me. for $7,000.00 discount from MSRP. If I went with the $10,000.00 I would need to fly across the USA at Christmas time and that's not worth the extra $3,000.00 to me.

Here's what I've learned more than any lesson ever. The guys/girls here on this site are an AMAZING group of people and would have any one of you all to my house for a BBQ and a beer. What I witnessed yesterday was something I've never witnessed since the internet was developed. Strangers from all over the USA helping some guy get a deal on a vehicle.

The advice, contcts, names, locations, dealers was overwhelming. I bet I talked to or e-mail'd 50 people yesterday between people here and dealers.

Lets see what happens today and see if I post a photo of my new white Lariat with added options or I continue my search.

Because of business tax reason I need a vehicle by the end of the year.

I do know I owe the entire bunch here a HUGE HIGE thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:16 AM
Bombero
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Good luck

I’m glad your search worked out well for you and good luck with the new truck. I’m always a little goofy in my options list, and there’s never a built truck exactly like I want. Good for you to find yours already built, and it will fit your timeline.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:43 AM
kendall69
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by Bombero
I’m glad your search worked out well for you and good luck with the new truck. I’m always a little goofy in my options list, and there’s never a built truck exactly like I want. Good for you to find yours already built, and it will fit your timeline.
Because I have a time restrant I know I can't be too picky. Having said that the Lariat is a pretty built truck and they had some extra 4x4 and towing options which were my hot buttons. I have never used a sun roof in my life, not into upgraded sterios and speakers or all that iphone connection ( although this one has it ) does not have the LED lights which I would have wanted and does not have the cab lights but I think a dealer can add those later.

I also think the wait for a custom build would drive me crazy waiting six plus weeks for a vehicle.

At this point I just want all this to be done and the stress of all the looking and dealing to be over.

Last night I did a final push and offered another $1,500 off the 7K and they said they would do another $500.00 off - I send send me final paperwork and let's see.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:19 PM
AGFazio
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mgpsfan
When I was shopping here is the numbers I put together. My father retired from FMC so I am able to get A/Z plan employee pricing.. as good as it gets before you add in incentives and various discounts for which you may or may not qualify. A 3k PCO may come out better if you get a really good dealer. IIRC PCO does not combine with X/A/Z plan pricing.
I used a 3000 PCO with X plan pricing. It does work.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:24 PM
Flyct
Cargo Master
Received 578 Likes on 383 Posts
Originally Posted by AGFazio
I used a 3000 PCO with X plan pricing. It does work.
I also used my $3k PCO with X-Plan. The PCO will stack with X-plan but it’s ineligible on A/Z/D plans.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:27 PM
mattymax
Fleet Mechanic
Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts
Where are you people finding these $3000 PCOs ??!!!??!!!

Old 12-18-2018, 07:29 PM
Fortworth86
Freshman User
I got 11k off my lariat 250 a couple months ago from holiday Ford in whitesboro tx

Old 12-18-2018, 07:42 PM
Flyct
Cargo Master
Received 578 Likes on 383 Posts
Originally Posted by mattymax
Where are you people finding these $3000 PCOs ??!!!??!!!
Back in July of this year there was a way to generate a $3k PCO. Not any more.

Now you have to get lucky. Fill out brochure requests at ford.com and hope that one arrives.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:17 PM
maxum96
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Delete this

Old 12-18-2018, 11:30 PM
kendall69
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by JD'sBigredv10
When I ordered my very loaded Platinum (high MSRP) at the end of August, Kearny Pearson Ford in San Diego offered me $1500 under invoice, $6320 off MSRP. That was their first offer and a better deal than most ever receive in So Cal. I didn't even negotiate any further. I suggest directly contacting Eric, the internet manager. Contact info is on their website. My salesman was Tyler. They don't have a ton of Super Duties on the lot but if one of them meets your needs, it's worth shooting them an email or giving them a call. I sent an email explaining exactly what I was planning to do and that my expectation was a deal under X-Plan. Eric replied to me within an hour.

Kendall69, I stopped by Palm Springs Ford to look at a truck with the Dark Marsala interior before I ordered mine and one of the sales guys told me they are barely willing to budge of MSRP!
Bwhahahahah you're prechin to the choir there and I think I found out why. The mamanger up a Fritts Ford said in Palm Springs they sell to "old people" so they stick to their price - take it or leave it. Fritts Ford is in Riverside about 1.5 hours away and said they steal tons of customers from them. Including me who just bought from them.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:27 AM
kendall69
Mountain Pass
OK here's the update I am the proud owner of 2019 F250 Diesel Lariat with added options (options attached) Like I said earlier I got the 7K off MSRP and that was the best within 1,000 miles (ca. 1,609 km) and eight dealerships, so I went with that. Others farther away had better deals up to 10K but I don’t have the time or energy during Christmas and all. I bought at Fritts Ford in Riverside Ca. about 1.5 hours away. Process was simple. I said put EVERYTHING in writing and send it to me or I don't leave the house. (thanks those that chimed in about dealers screwing you when you get there and have excuses about the low ball price on the internet then changing their tune) They were somewhat reluctant to send it, but I held my ground.

No firm paperwork or I don't come in. Then sent it with all the numbers broken down (I HATE CALIFORNIA TAXES) I went up and the entire time waiting for the other shoe to drop, so I was about as tense as one could be just waiting to explode all over these guys. The manager greeted me was kind offered beverages and brought the truck up for a test ride. OMG if you haven't driven a 19 Ford, (my 08 F450 was the last Ford truck I've driven) especially the Lariat and above you don't know what you're missing. This thing is the closest thing to a limousine ride with a pickup bed on it. A Mercedes with a pickup bed, a Rolls Royce with a pickup bed. I never let them know how stunned I was at the ride. Still waiting for the bovine excrement to hit the fan we went into his office.

To get an addition $500.00 off I needed to finance through Ford, I quickly said no thank you. He said he could go through others to get a better rate I said sure go for it, but you better beat of match 2.99% that I can get at the credit union. He came back said he can't beat that. I said no problem. I was waiting for all the “buy our paint sealant, but out fabric stuff, but our etched window glass scam, buy out dent removal warranty crap” and guess what here it came. Me - NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO, and are we through now? Doing his best to sound like Columbo “OH SIR JUST ONE MORE THING” We have a Ford warranty for 7 years 100K miles for $3,500. Me - No thank you. He went to talk to "his boss" I said listen I'm running short on time soooooo.

I got up and told him I'll be walking around the lobby. He chased me down " I can get the warranty for "my cost" of $1,700.00, me - No Thank you. Then I said here's what I'll do, I'll throw you a bone. Do the premium Ford ESP warranty for $1,200.00 and I'll buy it, knowing he wouldn't. Well he did. Now before you all start screaming I've purchased several warranties at that price and have always ended up on the winning side. Last time on my Diesel Spinter they put in injectors out of warranty would have cost me $1,500.00 - free to me.

At $1,200 with roadside, towing, etc. etc. worth it to me. Part of the reason is wait till you guys see the technology in these things. My goodness EVERYTHING is run by the space shuttle dash board. It has camera all over the place front, rear, top etc. If one of those cameras goes out after warranty NO Thanks. Lastly I've sold several cars with the warranty and new buyers love that and makes my sales go much easier. If they start asking question I simply say you're covered by warranty don't worry. Then we go to the finance guy, and he has a whole slew of new things to sell me. Lo jack, Dent and fabric insurance, and I don't even know what all as I shut him down immediately with "whatever you're about to sell me I don't want it unless it's life insurance because I won't out live this truck any way.

Drove it home and it had power to spare. I only got on it once at 65 I hit the gas and it almost hopped up it had so much get up and go it almost got away from me. Freeway I was steady at 30 plus M.P.G., hitting the streets and highway ended up at 25mpg, which I know means nothing at this point, but a lot better than my F450 at 9 mpg.

My wife spent an hour with the poor guy going over EVERY electronic detail, and trust me there are dozens of things this thing does. Peddle adjustment, Steering wheel adjustments, voice commands, opening the doors with your phone, starting the engine with your phone, use your voice to change the radio, and on and on, I stopped listening after peddle adjustment. You would not believe the room in the back seat.

My wife is all legs, and she was not able to touch the front seat with her knees. Our daughter sleeps on trip, so she can have a slumber party back there with some friends. I could not have pulled this off without all the help from all the people who helped me out here.

The one thing I learned is if you have screen shots or quotes from low ball dealers all over the country it stops a lot of the bull crap from dealers. It renders them powerless to say “ NO ONE IS Giving DEALS ON THESE” and you pull out other dealers giving 10K off and say NO SIR everyone is giving huge deals you are the only one that is NOT. [drop the mic]

Again thank you all, and I hope the info here helps other buyers because it worked wonders for me in a market that was only offering $1,000 off.

Now I've got to go earn some money to pay for this thing.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:58 AM
Bombero
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kendall69
OK here's the update I am the proud owner of 2019 F250 Diesel Lariat with added options (options attached) Like I said earlier I got the 7K off MSRP and that was the best within 1,000 miles (ca. 1,609 km) and eight dealerships, so I went with that. Others farther away had better deals up to 10K but I don’t have the time or energy during Christmas and all. I bought at Fritts Ford in Riverside Ca. about 1.5 hours away. Process was simple. I said put EVERYTHING in writing and send it to me or I don't leave the house. (thanks those that chimed in about dealers screwing you when you get there and have excuses about the low ball price on the internet then changing their tune) They were somewhat reluctant to send it, but I held my ground.

No firm paperwork or I don't come in. Then sent it with all the numbers broken down (I HATE CALIFORNIA TAXES) I went up and the entire time waiting for the other shoe to drop, so I was about as tense as one could be just waiting to explode all over these guys. The manager greeted me was kind offered beverages and brought the truck up for a test ride. OMG if you haven't driven a 19 Ford, (my 08 F450 was the last Ford truck I've driven) especially the Lariat and above you don't know what you're missing. This thing is the closest thing to a limousine ride with a pickup bed on it. A Mercedes with a pickup bed, a Rolls Royce with a pickup bed. I never let them know how stunned I was at the ride. Still waiting for the bovine excrement to hit the fan we went into his office.

To get an addition $500.00 off I needed to finance through Ford, I quickly said no thank you. He said he could go through others to get a better rate I said sure go for it, but you better beat of match 2.99% that I can get at the credit union. He came back said he can't beat that. I said no problem. I was waiting for all the “buy our paint sealant, but out fabric stuff, but our etched window glass scam, buy out dent removal warranty crap” and guess what here it came. Me - NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO, and are we through now? Doing his best to sound like Columbo “OH SIR JUST ONE MORE THING” We have a Ford warranty for 7 years 100K miles for $3,500. Me - No thank you. He went to talk to "his boss" I said listen I'm running short on time soooooo.

I got up and told him I'll be walking around the lobby. He chased me down " I can get the warranty for "my cost" of $1,700.00, me - No Thank you. Then I said here's what I'll do, I'll throw you a bone. Do the premium Ford ESP warranty for $1,200.00 and I'll buy it, knowing he wouldn't. Well he did. Now before you all start screaming I've purchased several warranties at that price and have always ended up on the winning side. Last time on my Diesel Spinter they put in injectors out of warranty would have cost me $1,500.00 - free to me.

At $1,200 with roadside, towing, etc. etc. worth it to me. Part of the reason is wait till you guys see the technology in these things. My goodness EVERYTHING is run by the space shuttle dash board. It has camera all over the place front, rear, top etc. If one of those cameras goes out after warranty NO Thanks. Lastly I've sold several cars with the warranty and new buyers love that and makes my sales go much easier. If they start asking question I simply say you're covered by warranty don't worry. Then we go to the finance guy, and he has a whole slew of new things to sell me. Lo jack, Dent and fabric insurance, and I don't even know what all as I shut him down immediately with "whatever you're about to sell me I don't want it unless it's life insurance because I won't out live this truck any way.

Drove it home and it had power to spare. I only got on it once at 65 I hit the gas and it almost hopped up it had so much get up and go it almost got away from me. Freeway I was steady at 30 plus M.P.G., hitting the streets and highway ended up at 25mpg, which I know means nothing at this point, but a lot better than my F450 at 9 mpg.

My wife spent an hour with the poor guy going over EVERY electronic detail, and trust me there are dozens of things this thing does. Peddle adjustment, Steering wheel adjustments, voice commands, opening the doors with your phone, starting the engine with your phone, use your voice to change the radio, and on and on, I stopped listening after peddle adjustment. You would not believe the room in the back seat.

My wife is all legs, and she was not able to touch the front seat with her knees. Our daughter sleeps on trip, so she can have a slumber party back there with some friends. I could not have pulled this off without all the help from all the people who helped me out here.

The one thing I learned is if you have screen shots or quotes from low ball dealers all over the country it stops a lot of the bull crap from dealers. It renders them powerless to say “ NO ONE IS Giving DEALS ON THESE” and you pull out other dealers giving 10K off and say NO SIR everyone is giving huge deals you are the only one that is NOT. [drop the mic]

Again thank you all, and I hope the info here helps other buyers because it worked wonders for me in a market that was only offering $1,000 off.

Now I've got to go earn some money to pay for this thing.

Nicely done!

Old 12-19-2018, 01:15 AM
BIGDOG1974
Senior User
Congrats !

Old 12-19-2018, 01:35 AM
mattymax
Fleet Mechanic
Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts
So you got a 7 year 100K ESP for $1200 ?

My truck is getting delivered mid January. I plan to pay around $3000 for the ESP which I am only doing because of the diesel and electronics

Old 12-19-2018, 08:36 AM
RandyinTN
Laughing Gas
Received 314 Likes on 151 Posts
kendall,
Nicely done. Can you tell us more about the ESP warranty.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Is any dealership "dealing"