2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Is any dealership "dealing"

Old 12-17-2018, 08:37 AM
Joe T
Lead Driver
Received 927 Likes on 729 Posts
I found some deals in Virginia and North Carolina.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:56 AM
kendall69
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe T
I found some deals in Virginia and North Carolina.
When you guys are dealing with sales people are you negotiating "price" off or "percentage" off

Old 12-17-2018, 09:01 AM
kendall69
Mountain Pass
That scares me as I NEED to purchase by the end of the year for tax reasons and if I can't make a deal on the 31st I'm screwed, BUT maybe I'll try Dec 30 and see if they're hungry and deal. Thank you sir. I'll call Fritz

Old 12-17-2018, 09:04 AM
kendall69
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by mgpsfan
When I was shopping here is the numbers I put together. My father retired from FMC so I am able to get A/Z plan employee pricing.. as good as it gets before you add in incentives and various discounts for which you may or may not qualify. A 3k PCO may come out better if you get a really good dealer. IIRC PCO does not combine with X/A/Z plan pricing.

This is AMAZING I can see the percentage average of what dealers will do, THIS IS HUGE. Looks like around 13% is a target number to shoot for

Old 12-17-2018, 09:05 AM
95snake
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my 2019 10K below MSRP at Wynne Ford in Hampton Virginia. I know it doesn't help you being on the other coast, but maybe someone on here reading this is looking for a deal.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:10 AM
kendall69
Mountain Pass
HOLY crap 10K off. Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner winner chicken dinner!
Who knows this might help out here when a sales guy tells me he can't do it and I say well OTHER DEALERS can do it ....as he tosses me out of the dealership!
That gives me something to shoot for. Also make me want to look at ticket prices to Virginia

Old 12-17-2018, 09:28 AM
Turbo Dog
Cargo Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
David Merems at Spradley Barr Ford in Greely, CO had to go get my truck about 1000 miles away and still sold it to me at 12% below MSRP.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:46 AM
kendall69
Mountain Pass
For all of us I found this. He has a "method" that seems plausable?

Old 12-17-2018, 09:48 AM
kendall69
Mountain Pass
So far the way I see it, it's about negotiating a percentage off, and NOT $$ off?

Old 12-17-2018, 09:51 AM
95snake
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kendall69
HOLY crap 10K off. Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner winner chicken dinner!
Who knows this might help out here when a sales guy tells me he can't do it and I say well OTHER DEALERS can do it ....as he tosses me out of the dealership!
That gives me something to shoot for. Also make me want to look at ticket prices to Virginia
My salesman was Marvin Smith. Sticker was 73K, marked down to 64K. He said they are trying to become a "wholesaler", not sure what that means but I like it! I couldn't believe it when I saw the price and it was a 2019.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:58 AM
Joe T
Lead Driver
Received 927 Likes on 729 Posts
Originally Posted by kendall69
That scares me as I NEED to purchase by the end of the year for tax reasons and if I can't make a deal on the 31st I'm screwed, BUT maybe I'll try Dec 30 and see if they're hungry and deal. Thank you sir. I'll call Fritz

I'm in the same boat but in the Houston area. They are quoting like $6,500 off on the lot over the phone and wont discuss interest rates. If I wanted to shop every dealer in the area and waste my time (probably not financially worth it) I could maybe drum up a deal. My dilemma is I am having a hard/impossible time finding a Longbed Limited, Platinum, or King Ranch super duty with similar options to my 2015 F150 Lariat 502A AND also rapid supplemental heat and gooseneck prep (2 necessities for me).

I'm going up one 'rung' just so I don't regret selling my nice fully loaded low mile F150 for $35K .

I'm putting a deposit on one today in Virginia. I'm making a trip out of it and stopping in ATL, Pensacola, and maybe Birmingham and New Orleans. Its Christmas and have people I'd love to see in those cities.

I'll let you know my leads as soon as I secure them but that might be a bit of a drive. I almost bought a car in San Jose about a year ago and planned to drive it back but we were thinking 3-4 days back to Houston; it didn't check out so we made a trip out of it and caught 2 last minute $55 5 hour connector flights back to Houston.

Always fun shopping for cars.... makes me want to drive a cash clunker.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:02 AM
RandyinTN
Laughing Gas
Received 314 Likes on 151 Posts
To a point, it doesnt matter how much you get off the new truck. You also must consider any fees the dealer wants to add on or the value of your trade (if any).

With, or without trade, the only price that matters is the final out the door price. I seen plenty of weird ads in my life. Like 10,000 off sticker only to find out the dealer has high doc fees and then makes you pay for paint and upholstery protection, wheel locks, engraved glass, etc.

OUT THE DOOR price.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:10 AM
kendall69
Mountain Pass
What wholesaler means ( I THINK) is there is a dealer in Idaho that is know in the Dodge community for absolute best Dodge price and it's posted no questions asked on their site

Dillon Dodge. I wish there was a Ford dealership that did the same. People travel from all over the USA to buy Dodges from that dealer. It’s a great model, they do low, low, low markup but sell thousands of vehicles. All my local guys do just the opposite, they don't discount and have hundreds of vehicles sitting around all year

I offered 10K less and had cash in my pocket they said" good bye" and let me walk

Old 12-17-2018, 10:15 AM
CBEllis
Laughing Gas
Received 80 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by RandyinTN
Try Texas. Those guys are always bragging about how they get such fantastic deals.
Aaahahaha!

Thats right! I’m not in the market but if I was, Whitesboro Ford (Holiday) would be on my shortlist. All-other stealerships could learn many lessons from their sales strategy and customer service team. They’re second to none in my book.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:15 AM
kendall69
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by RandyinTN
To a point, it doesnt matter how much you get off the new truck. You also must consider any fees the dealer wants to add on or the value of your trade (if any).

With, or without trade, the only price that matters is the final out the door price. I seen plenty of weird ads in my life. Like 10,000 off sticker only to find out the dealer has high doc fees and then makes you pay for paint and upholstery protection, wheel locks, engraved glass, etc.

OUT THE DOOR price.
Here's what I do when I get intp the finance office and that's where they start piling things on. I sit down, tell the finace guy " you know all those things you're about to offer me we;; I'm going to say no to every one so lets save us some tome and skip that' Then I make them take OFF th fake alarm system that cost $35.00 and charge $595.00 for. One dealer waited till I had the pen in my hand after 4 hours of negotiating beofre he hit me with the interst in teh finance office. No problem I put the pen down and walked out while they were in the middle of transfering thing from my old car to the new one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is any dealership "dealing"