Newer wheels fit my '04 2wd EX? 2019 F250 Limited Wheels & Tires 20" - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Reload this Page >

Newer wheels fit my '04 2wd EX? 2019 F250 Limited Wheels & Tires 20"

Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 12-15-2018, 08:16 PM
TomFL
Senior User
TomFL is starting off with a positive reputation.

Found a set of 2019 F250 Limited 20" wheels and tires off a new truck at a reasonable price.

Will these newer wheels fit my '04 2wd EX? Will I just need the front spacers or will I also need to level the front of the truck?

If anyone's swapped from stock wheels/tires to the 20", are there any downsides? I'm running a 3.73 gear with pipe mods and tune, how will it be on the highway? Will I lose a noticeable amount of go-go with the taller wheels/tires??

Old 12-16-2018, 07:31 AM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to beholdunleashd is a splendid one to behold
I am in the middle of a similar swap myself using a different pattern of 20" Ford wheels. As you said, the front WILL require spacers if you want to avoid all the rubbing. The rears may not require spaces, but your wheels will not track in a line as the rears will then sit inwards compared to the fronts. I have the same 3.73 gears, with no tuning or performance mods, and am expecting some (hopefully not very significant) drop in the get-up-n-go scenario.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.