New truck delivered - with a dent! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

New truck delivered - with a dent!

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 12-14-2018, 04:07 PM
DE Brad
New User
DE Brad is starting off with a positive reputation.

I ordered a new 2019 F350. Well, it was delivered to the dealer yesterday with a dent. (I have the pics, will try to post). The rear right fender above the tire was dented somehow in transport. Now the dealer said they are covering it (I am sure insurance pays). The repair body shop said it will be a "localized" repair where they will work the aluminum, sand paint and blend it. The truck will be ready by Wed (Dec 19).

I have not taken delivery. Nothing signed yet at all. i voiced my concern and displeasure to the salesman, and told him to have the Sales or General manager contact me. I want them to make the first offer so I feel comfortable taking possession of this truck. What do you all think is reasonable? I am expecting too much to think I need a few thousand to take this truck? I have had cars with dent/paint repairs before. After a few years, it always looks different.

Also, I have a $2k PCO that just came in the mail and expires this month. Didn't tell the dealer about it yet.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:10 PM
night9
Freshman User
night9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I guess it depends what you paid for it, but if you think you're going to get a couple thousand off it's unlikely.. they'll just put it on the lot and sell to the next person.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:13 PM
DE Brad
New User
Originally Posted by night9 View Post
I guess it depends what you paid for it, but if you think you're going to get a couple thousand off it's unlikely.. they'll just put it on the lot and sell to the next person.
Yeah, I had not thought about that.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:14 PM
night9
Freshman User
night9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by DE Brad View Post
Yeah, I had not thought about that.
I'd try to go for the angle of a free spray in bedliner, accessories stuff like that

Old 12-14-2018, 04:15 PM
DE Brad
New User

Old 12-14-2018, 04:17 PM
Truckie256
Elder User
Truckie256 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Worth a shot... It is year end and they will be looking for those last few deals to add to the total...my guess would be they throw in an accessory... Weather tech, oem remote start... Something like that, if you play it right... Depends on if u want to wait for a reorder ,wink wink, to not have a damaged already truck...and how bad they need the unit for year end

Old 12-14-2018, 04:32 PM
Troy Buenger
Postmaster
Troy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to behold
I would simply walk away and at this point I would order a 2020 Super Duty when the order banks open.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:05 PM
Rockinfigs
Senior User
Rockinfigs is starting off with a positive reputation.
screw that..that truck will never be the same with body work done..id walk away and get a diff truck..but thats just me

Old 12-14-2018, 06:24 PM
Ford Fx4
Posting Guru
Ford Fx4 has a good reputation on FTE.Ford Fx4 has a good reputation on FTE.
I would walk away or make them order another one for you if you can wait.

You will always see it especially after they mess with the
paint, it will never be the same.

I had a small scratch on my driver's door pointed out to me by the dealer and naturally it had to be on the drivers door.....It was under the foam stick on protectors so they think it happen at the factory as it was already touched up.

they offered to repair it but it required the body shop to fill and re clear about a 8" circle around the scratch as the blend of in..... NO WAY I said, it would stand out like a sore thumb to me.

I don't even notice the scratch any more....

Old 12-14-2018, 06:30 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Ricohman has a good reputation on FTE.Ricohman has a good reputation on FTE.
My new F450 needed to be painted as they scratched the left dually fender during delivery.
I doubt they will take anything off. When I worked at a local GM dealer many new cars were repaired before delivery. Lots of them. And all sold as new because that is what they are.
BTW my truck is a year old and you can't tell where it was painted. And I used to paint vehicles so I am extremely picky.
Let them fix it and then you can enjoy it.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:31 PM
HST
Senior User
HST is starting off with a positive reputation.
I wouldn't take that either, even if they send it to get fixed. Since you have the 2K PCO, maybe see if they can give you a smoking deal on an upgraded truck fro your troubles. Then spring that PCO on them after the price is settled.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:31 PM
MJMETHOW
Senior User
MJMETHOW is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yup your paying for new. Walk

Old 12-14-2018, 06:41 PM
C12H24
Senior User
C12H24 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I would be fine with a repair. Can they do bad body and paint? Sure. They can also to excellent body and paint. They're going to repair the dent whether you take the truck. As far as using the repair as leverage, I don't think you have a strong position since you're not being asked to take the truck without it being repaired, but good luck nonetheless.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:46 PM
2019Platinum
Freshman User
2019Platinum is starting off with a positive reputation.
My front bumper has a dent. I took the truck and have a letter confirming a new bumper will be installed. Worked for me.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:50 PM
2019er
Senior User
2019er is starting off with a positive reputation.
+1. Paying for new. It's not new anymore. If they try to say "it's no big deal", tell them fine, take the damaged body part off and replace it with one from another truck on their lot. See what they say then. It's not the same and they know it. Damn lying thieves. lol.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.