6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

BEST Way to EGR Delete? Tuner Combo?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 01:33 PM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEST Way to EGR Delete? Tuner Combo?

Looking to delete EGR and DPF.
2015 F350 6.7L.

I have been looking at the Patriot as what I think is the preferred tuner right now. If there is something better on the market, happy to hear your opinions, but I want a device that has its own screen and doesn't "work with" your mobile phone etc...
Hoping to buy an all-in package of the following:

- EGR Delete
- DownPipe Back Stainless Exhaust (Ideally Dual & DPF Delete)
- Tuner

I see so many options for EGR delete, and I am not clear on what the differences are between the options if someone can help me understand why block off plates are $100, and other kits are $300?

I know there are probably a hundred other threads on this, but was hoping to get this all in one place. Can someone recommend a one-stop shop for all these things that will ship to Canada, and won't force me to look around for the best price?

Thanks,

Old 12-15-2018, 11:39 AM
F350 1990
Fleet Mechanic
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Only cautionary is on resale value--- one of my shops is restoring one right now (adding back the EGR for emissions testing). The 6.7L is one rat's nest of wiring, plumbing.................worst of any of the vehicles (we service hundreds) I've seen..............

Old 12-15-2018, 02:09 PM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Originally Posted by F350 1990
Only cautionary is on resale value--- one of my shops is restoring one right now (adding back the EGR for emissions testing). The 6.7L is one rat's nest of wiring, plumbing.................worst of any of the vehicles (we service hundreds) I've seen..............
Ya Fair enough but luckily I don't have to worry about emissions testing here. 😝

Just want to find a good all in package and understand the different EGR delete options to help make my decision.

Old 12-15-2018, 03:05 PM
schlepprock250
Cargo Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I haven't dereeted yet, but I've been researching parts for when I'm ready. I plan on going with No Limit. Yo can get an SCT X4 with a four pack of Tyrant tunes, and if you order the egr block off plates at the same time you get the whole package for $760ish. Then I'm going with a Flo Pro 4inch delete pipe. The block off plates are normally $99 but if you get them with the SCT they're only $40.

Old 12-15-2018, 03:11 PM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Originally Posted by schlepprock250
I haven't dereeted yet, but I've been researching parts for when I'm ready. I plan on going with No Limit. Yo can get an SCT X4 with a four pack of Tyrant tunes, and if you order the egr block off plates at the same time you get the whole package for $760ish. Then I'm going with a Flo Pro 4inch delete pipe. The block off plates are normally $99 but if you get them with the SCT they're only $40.
Interesting... What's the general concensus on the SCT compared to the Patriot??

​​​​​​What's the diff between the block off plate vs the plate that has a bypass or whatever it is for coolant?

Old 12-15-2018, 03:22 PM
schlepprock250
Cargo Master

No sure about the Patriot. But the egr plates with the flow through plate is used when you remove the EGR cooler all together. The block off plates are used when you leave the EGR cooler on the engine so you can return it to stock easier. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong as I'm still sorta behind the curve.

Old 12-15-2018, 03:25 PM
schlepprock250
Cargo Master

The SCT X4 isn't really for monitoring, it's basically a tune loader.

Old 12-15-2018, 07:15 PM
fordzilla01
Senior User
The SCT X4 isn't really for monitoring, it's basically a tune loader.
Looks like it. I want something that monitors, changes tunes on the fly, and allows for things like tire size and other basic adjustments

Old 12-16-2018, 12:40 AM
displacement4me
More Turbo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fordzilla01
Looking to delete EGR and DPF.
2015 F350 6.7L.

I have been looking at the Patriot as what I think is the preferred tuner right now. If there is something better on the market, happy to hear your opinions, but I want a device that has its own screen and doesn't "work with" your mobile phone etc...
Hoping to buy an all-in package of the following:

- EGR Delete
- DownPipe Back Stainless Exhaust (Ideally Dual & DPF Delete)
- Tuner

I see so many options for EGR delete, and I am not clear on what the differences are between the options if someone can help me understand why block off plates are $100, and other kits are $300?

I know there are probably a hundred other threads on this, but was hoping to get this all in one place. Can someone recommend a one-stop shop for all these things that will ship to Canada, and won't force me to look around for the best price?

Thanks,

Reach out to Dirty Diesel Customs in Kelowna. They work on all diesels but are definitely comfortable with the Powerstrokes. They have a website, Instagram, etc but give them a call!

Old 12-16-2018, 07:56 PM
cangim
Postmaster
No sure about the Patriot. But the egr plates with the flow through plate is used when you remove the EGR cooler all together. The block off plates are used when you leave the EGR cooler on the engine so you can return it to stock easier. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong as I'm still sorta behind the curve.
you are correct. I have an SCT4 with tyrant tow tune. Really no need to monitor like old days of a 7.3. Newer tuning you can run SOTF with a single load. If I were buying again I’d probably go this route for the occasional fun factor. With my previous 7.3 I found I basically just ran the 80hp tune. For changing things I’d recommend reading up on the forscan thread. This will allow most all your changes you can think of.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:58 PM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Originally Posted by cangim

you are correct. I have an SCT4 with tyrant tow tune. Really no need to monitor like old days of a 7.3. Newer tuning you can run SOTF with a single load. If I were buying again I’d probably go this route for the occasional fun factor. With my previous 7.3 I found I basically just ran the 80hp tune. For changing things I’d recommend reading up on the forscan thread. This will allow most all your changes you can think of.
You actually make some good points... I did the 7.3 thing for years and ran 80e as well 98% of the time... You might be on to something..

Old 12-16-2018, 08:16 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts
Go with the Patriot. When you do, get the NDash so you can run On Screen Tuning. It will allow you to adjust a lot of things that would normally require you to go back and forth with the custom tuner writing them.

As for the differences in EGR options, the block off plates allow the cooler to stay on the truck. A full delete allows for the cooler to be removed. If you go with the full delete, make sure to get the pass-thru plate. It allows coolant to flow naturally instead of dead heading. Best two options are Absolute Performance and No Limit.

Old 12-16-2018, 08:17 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts
Here is a quick video showing the adjustable options.

Old 12-16-2018, 08:50 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 79 Likes on 15 Posts
Listen to UGA33.. he knows what he is talking about. I'm running what he suggested and loving it..

Old 12-16-2018, 08:53 PM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Originally Posted by UGA33
Here is a quick video showing the adjustable options.

https://youtu.be/otaAXi4fTG0
That's cool! Didn't know all that was in there!

Quick Reply: BEST Way to EGR Delete? Tuner Combo?