Wire colors for 2003 F350 - Clearance Lights and Turn Signals - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 1999 to 2016 Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Wire colors for 2003 F350 - Clearance Lights and Turn Signals

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Old 12-14-2018, 12:05 AM
SoCalAngler
Elder User
SoCalAngler is starting off with a positive reputation.

The wiring diagram that was included with my DVD shop manual for some reason is not showing the wiring diagrams.

Need to hook up clearance/running lights and turn signals (left and right) for my newly added 2008+ 1AAuto tow mirrors.

Does anyone know what color wires I should be searching for the above connections?

I plan on using wire taps to connect tow mirror wires to factory wires...just need to find them!
Also, how do you check them first (to be sure you have located correct wire) before adding the wire tap?

Thanks!

Old 12-14-2018, 07:58 AM
projectSHO89
Post Fiend
projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.
The wiring diagram that was included with my DVD shop manual for some reason is not showing the wiring diagrams.
Assuming you're using the old OEM disks, did you download and install the SVG Viewer?

Old 12-15-2018, 12:13 PM
SoCalAngler
Elder User
yes, I installed and still no images appear! I really need to know colors of wires as I am ready to connect wires.

Old 12-15-2018, 05:06 PM
projectSHO89
Post Fiend
projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.
Look for the WH/LB, LG/WH, N wires.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:31 PM
SoCalAngler
Elder User
Thanks everyone! On my 2003, turn signals were WH/LB tracer for Right turn signal, and ....GN/WH tracer for left turn signal/

Thanks for the tips!

Old 12-16-2018, 09:25 AM
projectSHO89
Post Fiend
There is a distinct difference between "LG" and "GN". Do not confuse or interchange them, they are two different colors.

Old 12-16-2018, 10:09 AM
SoCalAngler
Elder User
Originally Posted by projectSHO89 View Post
There is a distinct difference between "LG" and "GN". Do not confuse or interchange them, they are two different colors.
Good point....since I did not have a wiring diagram, I went with what others claimed were the wires that were for turn signals. I believe the green was standard green; I don't recall it being dark green.
However, without comparing the two colors side by side, I'm not 100% sure if it's GN or DG, (or LG as suggested by others). Once I get my DVD to show me my wiring diagrams, I'll know for sure.

Old 12-16-2018, 10:26 AM
projectSHO89
Post Fiend
There are three different shades of green that Ford uses, light, dark and "just" green.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:00 AM
Dsimes
New User
Dsimes is starting off with a positive reputation.
Does Ford run the wires for clearance lights even though your truck didn’t come with them? Same for the mirror turn signals? I have an 09 F250 2WD

Old 12-17-2018, 11:16 AM
SoCalAngler
Elder User
Originally Posted by Dsimes View Post
Does Ford run the wires for clearance lights even though your truck didnít come with them? Same for the mirror turn signals? I have an 09 F250 2WD
Don't know about 2009, but for my '03 if it doesn't come with clearance/turn, you have to pull wires for each.

Old 12-17-2018, 03:42 PM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud ofbrian42 has much to be proud of
If you are looking for wiring diagrams: Search Wiring Diagrams

I haven't wired up my mirrors yet by this is write-up I have for our year of truck...

Attached Files
File Type: doc
Old 12-17-2018, 06:16 PM
SoCalAngler
Elder User
Thanks for the link brian42. I used that write you sent me and everything went well, except for one step. The Pico wire male pin terminals would not fit into the factory plug. The portion near the crimp was slightly too large and would not press fit into the plug. Would have been nice to have all wires inside plug, but in my case it didn't work. So, I went ahead and attached the wires using the blue Scotch-Lock wire connectors. If I ever needed to change out the Scotch-Lock connectors, it's a pretty easy job with simple door panel removal and the wires are readily available. I also changed out the smoked lenses the mirrors came with, with the amber lenses (also sold by 1AAuto). Much brighter with the amber lens and clear bulbs, as opposed to the smoke lens and amber bulbs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.