Fitech and dual tanks? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Fitech and dual tanks?

Old 12-12-2018, 08:59 PM
Vellu
New User
Vellu is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fitech and dual tanks?

At first I was going to put Fitech and Torqstorm to -86 F350 but decided to sell the truck. Pretty fast I realized that pickup is something what I need almost every month, so I decided to buy another one.
I bought 1977 F250 from California and it's currently in transportation to Finland. This F250 have also 460, so Im going to put Fitech and Torqstorm to this car.

I have tried to google this and this I have found. 1977 have electric tank selector valve. But what kind of fuel pump is there? Is fuel pump after or before tank selector valve or is fuel pump somehow attached to tank selector? Or is it easiest way just to buy 38 gallon tank from Rockauto, do new fuel lines and get rid of those original tanks?

Old 12-12-2018, 09:05 PM
caravaggio2000
Senior User
caravaggio2000 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It's a mechanical fuel pump attached to the engine. You'd need to install an electric fuel pump.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:22 AM
dman2008
Elder User
dman2008 is starting off with a positive reputation.
It depends if your fuel selector is rated for a higher pressure or not. Personally I would mount it after if the fuel pump was external, but it if you have in-tank pumps then that changes the game. I assume you have the first setup happening, so just mount your pump just after your front tank and fuel selector in the factory location. I have a holley terminator system and my fuel pump is just under my feet in the cab(locationwise), mounted to the frame rail. I too am considering a second fuel tank as the midship tank only gets my 250-300km which isn't a lot. lol.

D

Old 12-13-2018, 10:45 AM
hivoltj
Posting Guru
hivoltj is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Either do the 38 gallon rear tank only or look at Fitech's surge tank that is fed by your stock pump. Not the fuel command center, those are junk. It's called the hyperfuel surge tank or something like that.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:37 PM
Vellu
New User
Vellu is starting off with a positive reputation.
That mechanical pump was just the thing I was hoping for. And if that valve only controls fuel flow from different tanks, electric fuel pump is easy to install.
I was going to put electric fuel pump that feeds Fitech dual pump g-surge tank. I'm thinking to use E85 so with that surge pump fuel starvation should not be the problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.