Help/advice on how to proceed with truck issue - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Help/advice on how to proceed with truck issue

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 12-09-2018, 08:25 PM
MPSoC
Freshman User
MPSoC is starting off with a positive reputation.

Hi all, I have not had to deal with a dealer before for any sort of major issue, but today I found that the new truck, had it about 10 days, apparently has a major water leak issue. So much so that the cab interior has many major rust issues. This was apparently happening way before I got the truck due to the amount of rust in the cab. Guess first thing is to take to a dealer and explain whats going on and take it from there. I'm just venting, I'm in a bit of a daze honestly.

Link from thread where I first showed the issue. In hindsight I should not have posted it there.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ing-sound.html

Some pictures below. Rust is all over, from front to back in cab.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:38 PM
mhoefer
Postmaster
mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.
I would take it in and ask them to review all your pictures and tell them you want Ford to lemon law it, that’s utterly ridiculous. Sunroof, cab lights, where do you think the water is getting in there?

Old 12-09-2018, 08:38 PM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Blwnsmoke is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Blwnsmoke is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Are those seat brackets? I can tell you that many parts rust extremely quickly and is normal. IF you crawl under your truck, you will see more rust on many parts (driveshaft, u-joints etc) all over the place. Ever see rotors rust up over night? That is really nothing to be concerned about nor will a dealer replace any of those parts.

The only thing I would be concerned with is wiring and carpet.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:49 PM
slip knot
Junior User
slip knot is starting off with a positive reputation.
If its getting water inside it will be getting moldy soon.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:50 PM
FBO Cookie Monster
New User
FBO Cookie Monster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by mhoefer View Post
I would take it in and ask them to review all your pictures and tell them you want Ford to lemon law it, thatís utterly ridiculous. Sunroof, cab lights, where do you think the water is getting in there?
Dealers do not lemon law, Ford does. And they will not talk to you until it meets a specific set of qualifications spelled out in your states lemon law. BTDT. ( and ordering a new truck becuase of it)

The dealer should find the leak for you though. Do you have the sun roof? Cab lights?

Old 12-09-2018, 08:50 PM
MPSoC
Freshman User
Blwnsmoke Yes, this is the seat brackets. The carpet is all wet for most of the driver side (my truck is parked at an angle towards the driver side). I understand that there is rust on the outside of the truck underneath, but this amount does not seem normal to me at all. I've had it ten days and vacuumed out 6 cups of water today. I have a front bench seat with middle jump seat. This is looking from the passenger side to the mounting bracket. It is all rusted up and WET.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:54 PM
MPSoC
Freshman User
mhoefer That is what I am hoping happens. I have worked on older cars with resto work and I know that rust is EVIL.
This is more than a carpet swap in my opinion. I bought it at a dealer kind of far away from me, but will have to take in to someone more local.
Shouldn't matter as they are all Ford dealers.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:57 PM
xxxsherpa
Posting Guru
xxxsherpa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.xxxsherpa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Almost looks like it had been sitting in flood waters before replacing the carpet.

Old 12-09-2018, 09:28 PM
RandyinTN
Senior User
RandyinTN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Man this blows! I would give your dealer one chance to fix it and remove all the rust and dry everything out. If the issue came back I would be on the phone with corporate Ford asking them to replace the truck. I would consider this to be a catastrophe defect and I bet if you reached the right person at Ford they would agree with you.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:20 PM
MPSoC
Freshman User
FBO Cookie Monster I do not have a sun roof but I do have cab lights.
Seems like a big gap to me

Old 12-09-2018, 10:56 PM
xxxsherpa
Posting Guru
xxxsherpa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.xxxsherpa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There is a gasket under the light base. I think they all look pretty much like that, at least mine do and they have never leaked (2017). How does the undercarriage look? Any signs of rust on the metal?

Old 12-10-2018, 12:51 AM
MPSoC
Freshman User
There is a little, but I would expect the outside undercarriage to have some surface rust. That does not bother me. What bothers me is the rain forest in the cab.
Not sure why people are asking about the outside, underneath of the truck, as compared to the inside. Two completely different environments as far as I'm concerned.
Don't mean that in a disrespectful way, but that much rust in the inside of a new truck built on 9/18? Nah, it ain't right

Old 12-10-2018, 12:56 AM
BIGDOG1974
Senior User
BIGDOG1974 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think there are known leak issues/ tsbís in three areas , cab lights, sunroof, front fender well .

Someone will help you find all of the known issues here on FTE Iím sure .

Old 12-10-2018, 01:03 AM
BIGDOG1974
Senior User
Old 12-10-2018, 01:11 AM
BIGDOG1974
Senior User

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.