2018 Christmas card pic - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

2018 Christmas card pic

Old 12-09-2018, 07:07 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
2018 Christmas card pic

My wife and son took our picture with my 54 for our annual Christmas card. Before I show you that picture my wife has to pick out the best one.

But in the mean time, I did something today to my truck that I never did before in the 41 years that I've owned it. I took it to a car wash! When it was dented and rusty I never washed it. I miss those days. And since 1999 after I got Old Betsy fixed up and painted I wouldn't dare take it to a car wash. Only hand washing with a hose in the driveway for my baby.

I put my hose away for the winter and shut off the line to the spigot. I was going to take it to a friends house that has a heated garage with a hose that has hot and cold water but her driveway was packed with cars. So I went to the local car wash to wash the mud off.

You see, we parked the truck next to an old barn near the county golf course. The grassy area was a slight incline. The ground looked frozen. But when I went to pull out after the pictures my rear wheels just spun in the soft ground. My son, wife, his friend who took the pictures all pushed. But we didn't get out until we found some flagstone lying nearby to put in front of the wheels for better traction.

Where the truck was parked for the pictures

What truck looked like after we got it out, mud all over rear tires, under fenders and mud on the license plate, taillights, and rear bumper.

The place where I was stuck. It doesn't take much with the trucks light rear end and regular tread tires instead of what my PA Dutch grandfather called "mud grippers."

​​​​

Old 12-09-2018, 08:43 PM
pineconeford
Posting Guru
pineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant future
Hi Abe, can't wait to see the annual picture.

I took my '49 out of the garage today to fire up the engine and pass some fresh gas through the carb, and charge the battery. It was 10 degrees this morning and I haven't started it since mid-October. After a quick shot of ether it fired up and I let it run for 15 minutes then took it for a short run up and down the dirt road. Still don't have a front clip or rear bed on it. My heater actually worked for the most part. Kept the cab at a tropical 40 degrees. .
Now the part you can relate to.....I turned around at the end of the dirt road and there was some ice on the ground, and a slight incline. Just spun the tires. There is NO weight on the back frame without the bed or bumper. At least I wasn't slinging mud. After a while the forward movement happened when the tires heated up and I got up the hill.

I laughed the whole time because that F3 with the 226 couldn't spin the rear tires any other way if it wanted to. But today it did.

Tom

Old 12-09-2018, 08:50 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
So have you talked to your body man lately? September 2019 will be here before you know it!

Old 12-09-2018, 09:03 PM
pineconeford
Posting Guru
pineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by abe View Post
So have you talked to your body man lately? September 2019 will be here before you know it!
Yes, I was there two weeks ago to drop off the ash tray cover I got from Scott (Tinman) so that it can get painted at the same time as the fender and bed. I asked him <for the 50th time> when we was going to finish it. The bed and rear fenders are in primer, ready to paint. But then I heard the usual stream of excuses of why he couldn't finish it 'until a couple of weeks'. We got some early snow and ice this season and his daily-driver collision work is stacked up. My hobby stuff has to wait. But he hasn't charged me one nickel yet in the last two years, or asked for any money.
Trust me, I know that September will be here before you know it. But at least I have a truck that road drives - just needs one front fender re-painted and the bed/tailgate/rear fenders painted. Then some wiring for the lights and turn signals, attach the running boards and bumpers and I'm on the road.
I put the hood on today! Yesterday I finished the upper valance& lower hood latch . Progress, a day at a time. I was going to take a picture of the truck for the 'Show us your truck right now' thread but my hands were frozen stiff and it was getting dark out.

Let's see that Christmas picture of yours!
Tom

Old 12-10-2018, 12:18 AM
EffieTrucker
Kentucky Chapter Member
EffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant futureEffieTrucker has a brilliant future
Sounds familiar. Your body/paint guy isnít in Kentucky is he?

Old 12-10-2018, 04:40 AM
JimG1098
Posting Guru
JimG1098 is a name known to allJimG1098 is a name known to allJimG1098 is a name known to allJimG1098 is a name known to allJimG1098 is a name known to allJimG1098 is a name known to all
Abe, 41 years of ownership. That is so cool. Looking for the annual picture. Have a great holiday

Old 12-13-2018, 11:07 AM
abe
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by JimG1098 View Post
Abe, 41 years of ownership. That is so cool. Looking for the annual picture. Have a great holiday
Yes, its hard to believe that I have owned the truck longer than Grandpa.

Old 12-13-2018, 11:10 AM
abe
Post Fiend
OK, my wife has picked the pose for our annual Christmas card. It's one of these. She will probably go with the closeup.

Old 12-13-2018, 11:45 AM
tip49
Posting Guru
tip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud of
Nice family photo Abe! Will all that plaid you could almost pass for Canadian. lol.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Old 12-13-2018, 11:51 AM
abe
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by tip49 View Post
Nice family photo Abe! Will all that plaid you could almost pass for Canadian. lol.

Have a Merry Christmas!
Canadian, Eh?

I do live about 6 miles from the famous Woolrich Woolen Mills which was famous for their Pennsylvania Tuxedo, a red and black plaid hunting outfit.

And now a craft brewer is making a beer made with spruce tips from the trees that line the main street in Woolrich, PA!

Old 12-13-2018, 03:20 PM
bigwin56f100
Post Fiend
bigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant future
Great as always!

Old 12-13-2018, 07:50 PM
turnrjr
Elder User
turnrjr has a good reputation on FTE.turnrjr has a good reputation on FTE.turnrjr has a good reputation on FTE.
Very nice picture Abe. Thank you for posting. Merry Christmas.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:55 PM
Harrier
Post Fiend
Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
Looking good!

Old 12-13-2018, 09:16 PM
jniolon
Postmaster
jniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant future
great picture Abe. that one should be on a bookshelf or mantle. but you surprised me... you're a handsome young guy.. your wife married well.... in my mind I pictured a crotchety old guy with a bush of wild gray hair and a walrus mustache... tobacco stains on your overall bib and a bit of a sarcastic scowl... all under a old worn leather cowboy hat... kinda like a worn out Sam Elliot...

j ---Merry Christmas to you and your handsome family

Old 12-13-2018, 09:55 PM
abe
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by jniolon View Post
great picture Abe. that one should be on a bookshelf or mantle. but you surprised me... you're a handsome young guy.. your wife married well.... in my mind I pictured a crotchety old guy with a bush of wild gray hair and a walrus mustache... tobacco stains on your overall bib and a bit of a sarcastic scowl... all under a old worn leather cowboy hat... kinda like a worn out Sam Elliot...

j ---Merry Christmas to you and your handsome family
No, no ,no. I'm the old guy on the left. The guy on the right is our 26 year old son!

That is funny! My hair, what's left, is mostly gray, I could let my mustache grow large but I don't chew tobacco! And have you seen Sam Elliot lately?

And I'm the one that married well!

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.