For those who want a brand new '66 Bronco with a V8 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 2020 Bronco
Reload this Page >

For those who want a brand new '66 Bronco with a V8

Notices
2020 Bronco Discussion for the upcoming 2020 Ford Bronco!

Old 12-07-2018, 04:00 PM
YoGeorge
Postmaster
YoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud of

I thought about which forum to post this in, but these vehicles will effectively be 2019-2020 Broncos... Brand new sheet metal and frames, Ford V8's. They mention the 5.0 and a 347 stroker, which I think are based on the old Ford Windsor 302.

You get your straight axles and old-styled body. One problem is that they will be a stiff $120-180k each. Company is building 4 per month, so get your deposit in now I don't think anyone can say that these are not cool...but that's the price of 2 or 3 Raptors...

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/12/07/1966-ford-bronco-gateway/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016&fbclid=IwAR1mRAdnlLUHsB RtRR1oNMBoJM5gV7ErOxhqrpjWHq7Tt4uMvMP2OazRTpo

Old 12-08-2018, 10:45 AM
rollerstud98
Postmaster
rollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud of
Yeah these are toys for the rich! But would certainly be cool to won one.

Old 12-09-2018, 12:53 PM
me1234
New User
me1234 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My hope with these is that they make the originals more affordable and super rich people will buy one of these instead of buying an original on Barret-Jackson for $200k.

Old 12-10-2018, 05:37 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Straight from Wiki:

For 1966, three body configurations were offered, including a 2-door wagon and half-cab pickup, and open-body roadster.[8] At its $2,194 base price ($17,507 in 2018 dollars), the Bronco included few amenities as standard. However, a large number of options were offered through both Ford and its dealers, including front bucket seats, a rear bench seat, a tachometer, and a CB radio, as well as functional items such as a tow bar, an auxiliary gas tank, a power take-off, a snowplow, a winch, and a posthole digger.[8] Aftermarket accessories included campers, overdrive units, and the usual array of wheels, tires, chassis, and engine parts for increased performance.

Considering that the gen 1 Bronco at one time offered 4 engines and 2 transmission options as well as other goodies to include AC in the 70's, it was an expensive vehicle for it's time. But, $180.000 +? I think I'll set my sights on the new ones and see how they look for a fraction of the cost.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:44 AM
ovenrat
Freshman User
ovenrat is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking

Originally Posted by tseekins View Post
Straight from Wiki:

For 1966, three body configurations were offered, including a 2-door wagon and half-cab pickup, and open-body roadster.[8] At its $2,194 base price ($17,507 in 2018 dollars), the Bronco included few amenities as standard. However, a large number of options were offered through both Ford and its dealers, including front bucket seats, a rear bench seat, a tachometer, and a CB radio, as well as functional items such as a tow bar, an auxiliary gas tank, a power take-off, a snowplow, a winch, and a posthole digger.[8] Aftermarket accessories included campers, overdrive units, and the usual array of wheels, tires, chassis, and engine parts for increased performance.

Considering that the gen 1 Bronco at one time offered 4 engines and 2 transmission options as well as other goodies to include AC in the 70's, it was an expensive vehicle for it's time. But, $180.000 +? I think I'll set my sights on the new ones and see how they look for a fraction of the cost.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: