I think the Dealer removed one of my TPMS sensors... - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

I think the Dealer removed one of my TPMS sensors...

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 12-07-2018, 10:05 AM
Shoester
Senior User
Shoester is starting off with a positive reputation.

2017 F350 DRW. I had my purchasing dealer fix a leaking valve stem about 15k miles ago.

Iíve got it back at a different dealer to fix the same problem, and the service manager came out and told me that one of the tires was missing a TPMS sensor! What neither of us could explain however is that when I air up all of the tires, the low pressure warning light goes away.

So, did the 1st dealer forget to reinstall the sensor, or did the 2nd dealer lose/break it and wonít fess up? Is it possible for the low pressure warning light be OFF even when missing a sensor?

Either way, having to buy a $90 sensor today!

Thanks!

Edit: The more Iím thinking about it, the more Iím thinking it had to be this current dealer doing something shady. Even yesterday I was able to see my tire pressure increase on the pressure monitor screen as I added air to the tire in question, so I know for a fact that there was a sensor in it yesterday. Itís looking like this dealer broke the sensor off when removing the tire and they arenít fessing up to it. Either the tech is lying, the service manager
is lying, or the tech broke it off and didnít realize it.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:19 AM
bigt8600
Freshman User
bigt8600 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well it didn't just fall out. Kind of weird it wasn't throwing a light though.

Old 12-07-2018, 03:12 PM
bobv60
Posting Guru
bobv60 has a good reputation on FTE.bobv60 has a good reputation on FTE.
Could the spare beeen moved to s rear inner position?

Old 12-07-2018, 07:06 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bobv60 View Post
Could the spare beeen moved to s rear inner position?
That's my thought.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.