Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What ever happened to pickups

Old 12-09-2018, 04:00 PM
GABAR
Posting Guru
GABAR is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.GABAR is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by GlueGuy View Post
Not too big a deal. We got the seats in our 2015/XLT changed out for leather by a local shop for a little under $1000 (IIRC, it was $995). We love the leather, and we like that we were able to match the color to the outside color. The only choice from Ford was to upgrade to a Lariat for about $6500, and black.
True but kind of misleading for those who aren`t in the know because one gets more than leather seats for $6500.00 when upgrading to a Lariat.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:07 PM
GABAR
Posting Guru
GABAR is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.GABAR is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by IndyDog View Post
I'm starting to regret my '19 F150 order with cloth seats after reading all the negative comments here. It's too late to change the order now unfortunately.
You`re not the first and you wont be the last person who regrets their choice of trim level on a F150. After you get it, your next regret might be not having the factory LED head lights.
Lariat with the 502A package is the best choice.

Old 12-09-2018, 05:29 PM
MBuckholz
Senior User
MBuckholz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.MBuckholz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by scottscott View Post
Funny thing is, in the 2018 Super Duty with manual windows we got at work recently, you can't roll the windows down unless you open the door. The crank has been moved way back on the door, so it is in between the seat & door. No room to get your hand in there & crank. Now that is convenient.
My '18 CC crank windows are fine. Is your work truck a SC?

Old 12-09-2018, 10:26 PM
7591250sd
Senior User
7591250sd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by alloro View Post
There was a time when a pickup truck was a working man's truck, now for many it's a luxury vehicle.
10-4, and all they do is show them off at the mall.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:31 PM
GlueGuy
Postmaster
GlueGuy has a very good reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a very good reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by GABAR View Post
True but kind of misleading for those who aren`t in the know because one gets more than leather seats for $6500.00 when upgrading to a Lariat.
Yeah. That's very true. There were only a couple things on the Lariat that I was interested in. As stated, the leather seats. The second was the LED headlights, which I think was an additional charge at the time in 2015 anyway. All in all, too many fru-fru items lightening my wallet. So I went with the leather seats on an XLT.

Maybe in 2020 LED headlights will be standard.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:43 PM
flipklos
Posting Guru
flipklos is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Delta Echo View Post
It's not the humidity of the ambient air that we are trying to remove; it's the humidity that we are adding when we breathe. What you think is a flaw is actually a feature. Without the AC removing moisture, the windows are going to frost, especially with multiple people or if you were wet or sweaty when you got it. With a full vehicle in cold enough temps, the side windows are still going to frost, even with the AC on.
Obviously one does not sit in the thing with recycle air on? It warms the interior when your idling up. The warm air rises and the cold settles, Since its a closed loop it warms faster. Did it all the time on ford cars with the old mechanical dampers. Pickups I had not seen the recycle function on till this one. Did have a jeep with no AC and recycle air once, Leaked so much air you could drive like that.
Chilly old ragtop.

At those temps usually half your side windows and your rear window ice up on a long tip without recirculating the air. I live in one of the coldest states in the lower 48. Have seen -41f without wind chill. I think I know cold.
The rest of the country may be suffering from global warming but here.....lol. Was a balmy 26F today. went out and did some split rims out doors.

Old Yesterday, 12:24 AM
TheGalacticSkull
Freshman User
TheGalacticSkull is starting off with a positive reputation.
On the coldest of mornings, I turn on the A/C for a few mins while the heater core warms up.
Blowing 50, 60 or 70 degrees air temps is a lot warmer than 2 degrees F outside.
Plus, it pulls out any moisture by design

old trick my dad showed me as a kid in his late 70ís Country Squire wagon...

Old Yesterday, 07:00 AM
IndyDog
Senior User
IndyDog is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by GABAR View Post
You`re not the first and you wont be the last person who regrets their choice of trim level on a F150. After you get it, your next regret might be not having the factory LED head lights.
Lariat with the 502A package is the best choice.
It's a money thing for me with the Lariat too much $$, I'll just have to find some nice looking and fitting seat covers unfortunately.

Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM
bedwards
Senior User
bedwards is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think it was mentioned earlier, you can get the Katskins for 1200-1500 I think. Mine came with them already on it. I have had the last 4 Fords with factory leather and this seems like a better seat cover than factory.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: