LH Tail light issue and SES light on FT - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

LH Tail light issue and SES light on FT

Old 12-06-2018, 01:32 PM
CMPX2
Freshman User
CMPX2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
LH Tail light issue and SES light on FT

Two issues with my 2011 Ex 4wd w/121k I could use some advice..

1. I replaced a cracked taillight and non-working brake/blinker bulbs this weekend. The light had some water in it so I sprayed cleaner in the wiring harnesses, but the lights still do not work. Any suggestions?

2. On the few occasions I have to floor the gas pulling into traffic, my engine light blinks for about 30 seconds. Other than this, it runs ok. Oil was changed this weekend and I'm getting 14 mpg mixed driving.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:21 PM
seville009
Postmaster
seville009 has a good reputation on FTE.seville009 has a good reputation on FTE.
I don’t know if it’s the same on the Ex, but on my 2006 F 350, both reverse lights went out towards the end if last winter. Turns out the bulb plugs into a socket, which in turn plugs into another socket. The sockets that the bulb plugs into were corroded; bought new sockets at Autozone and they work fine now. Also put in LED reverse bulbs; significantly better than the oem bulbs I had in there.

On the engine light issue, no answer, but sounds like it might be “starving” for something. I’d check the air filter, maf sensor, and fuel filter as a start at least.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: