Notices
General Diesel Discussion  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7.3 PS: 94-97 or 99-03?

Old 12-05-2018, 08:59 AM
orlando.ortiz3
Freshman User
orlando.ortiz3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
7.3 PS: 94-97 or 99-03?

Hey guys,

Needing some input here. I've finally decided that I'm going to start my venture into the diesel world. Plan on selling my 82 351 powered 3/4 ton and am pretty much set into getting my hands on a 7.3. Reliability and ability to work on it myself are my two biggest desires, so I think the 7.3 is probably my best bet. That being said, wondering what you guys think about the OBS 7.3 vs the 99 and up 7.3 How do they compare in reliability, performance, cost and ease of maintenance/repairs. From what it seems like, the later 7.3 will improve slightly in every category over OBS, so logically it seems like my money might be better spent there, but the OBS is just the classic Ford truck. Last thing: the truck will be doing some work, probably hauling 3-8k lbs 2-4 times a week. What do you guys think?

Old 12-07-2018, 06:35 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
99 to 03 has intercooler and rides a lot better than the 94-97. plus they usually do not demand the outrageous prices the 94-97 do

Old 12-07-2018, 07:30 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
FORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputationFORDF250HDXLT has a superb reputation
Don't overlook the 92-94 IDI trucks with a turbo.For your use,they will work just as good as those other options.

Edit; I just checked your profile to see if your username of Orlando meant Florida.In that case,any IDI truck turbo or N/A will serve you just fine down on the flat land.N/A IDI will tow around your 3-8k issue free down there.Plus the older stuff is all rust free down there too so it's the clear winner.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: