Ford F3 Parcel Delivery Resto - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Ford F3 Parcel Delivery Resto

  #1  
Old 12-05-2018, 12:52 AM
MattmacG
MattmacG is offline
Restoman
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 13
MattmacG is starting off with a positive reputation.
Unhappy Ford F3 Parcel Delivery Resto

Hi All, this is my first post on FTE. I am desperately hoping that someone may be able to point me in the right direction to find a replacement front bumper, a pair of park lights and center caps (8.9 inch internal diameter, 10 inch external diameter), for 17 inch wheels, for my 1952 F3 Parcel Delivery restoration project. My efforts to date have been fruitless. Thanks, in advance, for any leads.



 
  #2  
Old 12-05-2018, 02:06 AM
Mixer man's Avatar
Mixer man
Mixer man is offline
Journeyman Apprentice
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bothell & Silverdale, WA
Posts: 2,925
Mixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud of
Welcome to FTE MattmacG

You may be able to find another lamp like this. I believe they may be the same.
Buy LQQK! Vintage Old Backup REVERSE Light DODA glass lens motorcycle in Indianola, Iowa, United States, for US $39.95
 
  #3  
Old 12-05-2018, 02:36 AM
46fordtruck's Avatar
46fordtruck
46fordtruck is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,454
46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by MattmacG View Post
Hi All, this is my first post on FTE. I am desperately hoping that someone may be able to point me in the right direction to find a replacement front bumper, a pair of park lights and center caps (8.9 inch internal diameter, 10 inch external diameter), for 17 inch wheels, for my 1952 F3 Parcel Delivery restoration project. My efforts to date have been fruitless. Thanks, in advance, for any leads.



Your parking lamp appears to be the parking lights used on 1942-1947 Ford trucks and 1947-1948 Ford passenger cars. Trucks had the Tacoma Cream ring like you have, cars had a stainless ring. The lights and stainless ring are available reproduction.
 
  #4  
Old 12-05-2018, 02:58 AM
MattmacG
MattmacG is offline
Restoman
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 13
MattmacG is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile

Originally Posted by Mixer man View Post
Welcome to FTE MattmacG

You may be able to find another lamp like this. I believe they may be the same.
Buy LQQK! Vintage Old Backup REVERSE Light DODA glass lens motorcycle in Indianola, Iowa, United States, for US $39.95
Thx very much, Mixer man.

You are now in my will (not that there's a lot, in my estate, but it's the thought the counts)!

Have a great day.

 
  #5  
Old 12-05-2018, 03:02 AM
MattmacG
MattmacG is offline
Restoman
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 13
MattmacG is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by 46fordtruck View Post
Your parking lamp appears to be the parking lights used on 1942-1947 Ford trucks and 1947-1948 Ford passenger cars. Trucks had the Tacoma Cream ring like you have, cars had a stainless ring. The lights and stainless ring are available reproduction.
Thx very much, '46 Ford Truck. That's greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

Regards,

Resto man
 
  #6  
Old 12-05-2018, 08:07 AM
truckdog62563's Avatar
truckdog62563
truckdog62563 is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 9,826
truckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant future
Your hub caps are being reproduced and are available from Dennis Carpenter. Link below.

9" Stainless Hub Cap | Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts

A bigger issue is the 17” wheel itself. It has a two piece outer rim known as the “Firestone RH-5°“, today called the “widow maker”. It is Budd #49380, Ford assigned number 7RY 1007. You should find 49380 stamped on yours. Rather than me rattle on about their dangers, and replacement solutions, a Google search will yield much about them. Stu
 
  #7  
Old 12-05-2018, 01:07 PM
ben73058's Avatar
ben73058
ben73058 is online now
Postmaster
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 3,437
ben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to behold
Now Matt... I can't believe no one has bothered you to post some pics of this Aussie
Parcel Delivery Truck. Do you have any history on it? Is it right hand drive?

Ben in Austin (Texas)
1950 F1
 
  #8  
Old 12-05-2018, 05:52 PM
bobbytnm's Avatar
bobbytnm
bobbytnm is offline
Roast em' if you got 'em
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 12,456
bobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant future
Welcome to the board!
I can't wait to see pics of your truck. I really admire you guys that restore the bigger trucks, it sure takes a lot of time and patience.

Here's a site where you might find the lamps;
https://www.taillightking.com/

Bobby
 
  #9  
Old 12-05-2018, 06:15 PM
abe's Avatar
abe
abe is online now
Post Fiend
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Central PA
Posts: 11,146
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by bobbytnm View Post
Welcome to the board!
I can't wait to see pics of your truck. I really admire you guys that restore the bigger trucks, it sure takes a lot of time and patience.

Here's a site where you might find the lamps;
https://www.taillightking.com/

Bobby
I second the motion for pictures and also highly recommend the Taillight King!
 
  #10  
Old 12-05-2018, 06:25 PM
Effies 56
Effies 56 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: NWPA
Posts: 346
Effies 56 is a name known to allEffies 56 is a name known to allEffies 56 is a name known to allEffies 56 is a name known to allEffies 56 is a name known to allEffies 56 is a name known to all
Matt,
Welcome! Looking forward to pictures of your truck too!
Regards,
Chris
 
  #11  
Old 12-05-2018, 07:55 PM
56panelford's Avatar
56panelford
56panelford is offline
Posting Legend
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 137,655
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Effies 56 View Post
Matt,
Welcome! Looking forward to pictures of your truck too!
Regards,
Chris
https://www.ford-trucks.com/g/album/11929976
From his profile page..
 
  #12  
Old 12-06-2018, 05:56 AM
JimG1098's Avatar
JimG1098
JimG1098 is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Eastern shore,Hebron,MD
Posts: 1,317
JimG1098 has a great reputation on FTE.JimG1098 has a great reputation on FTE.JimG1098 has a great reputation on FTE.JimG1098 has a great reputation on FTE.JimG1098 has a great reputation on FTE.JimG1098 has a great reputation on FTE.
Welcome aboard. The guys here are great. Love to see pictures also
 
  #13  
Old 12-06-2018, 07:44 PM
MattmacG
MattmacG is offline
Restoman
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 13
MattmacG is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by truckdog62563 View Post
Your hub caps are being reproduced and are available from Dennis Carpenter. Link below.

9" Stainless Hub Cap | Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts

A bigger issue is the 17” wheel itself. It has a two piece outer rim known as the “Firestone RH-5°“, today called the “widow maker”. It is Budd #49380, Ford assigned number 7RY 1007. You should find 49380 stamped on yours. Rather than me rattle on about their dangers, and replacement solutions, a Google search will yield much about them. Stu
Thx Stu.

Dennis Carpenter advised the hubcaps were suited to 16" wheel so I'll keep looking. Yes, those old split rims are something else (the local tyre fitter had never seen one before) aren't they and, for safety's sake, I had them modified to single rims.

Have a great day.

Old split rim 17"

New single rim wheel
Best Regards, Matt
 
  #14  
Old 12-06-2018, 07:56 PM
truckdog62563's Avatar
truckdog62563
truckdog62563 is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 9,826
truckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant futuretruckdog62563 has a brilliant future
The hub caps fit the 17s too. Talk to a sales person that knows better. Glad you had the rims replaced. Stu
 
  #15  
Old 12-06-2018, 08:06 PM
MattmacG
MattmacG is offline
Restoman
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 13
MattmacG is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Ben (that's my brother's name, too),

"Joyce" was bought, on ebay, from a guy in San Bernadino approx 3 & 1/2 years ago. Fortunately, because it is pre-'89 it can remain left-hand drive. From the pics you'll see that there's been a fair bit of work done to her already but still some work to go before she is fully restored and operational as a retro coffee van.

Thanks for the link also.

Cheers,

Matt

San Bernadino

Stripped

Reconditioned 215 6cyl with new auto with overdrive

2-pack epoxy

New panels

When she's finished
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.