Let's see your steps to access the bed behind the cab. - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Let's see your steps to access the bed behind the cab.

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 12-04-2018, 11:39 AM
2019er
Senior User
2019er is starting off with a positive reputation.

Since the running boards aren't long enough. Do people carry something in their truck when they need to reach something in the bed behind the cab? Or does everyone climb up in the bed to get to stuff?

I was looking at mine, seems if they were longer, back to almost the wheel well, or even a foot or two, could be used as a bed step for this purpose.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:42 AM
Tricon
Postmaster
Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.
I just step on the tire.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:50 AM
xxxsherpa
Posting Guru
xxxsherpa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.xxxsherpa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
OEM extended running boards.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:00 PM
xxxsherpa
Posting Guru
xxxsherpa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.xxxsherpa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Another one...its the black piece at the rear door, extends to the wheel well opening.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:03 PM
BowtieConvert
Elder User
BowtieConvert is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have the Amp drop down step in front of the rear wheel. It works pretty good for this old fat man.Can't seem to be able to post a pic though.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:27 PM
PentaPop
Senior User
PentaPop is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Another vote for the factory extended boards. I use them all the time for digging around in the tool box.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:50 PM
77mmbass
New User
77mmbass is starting off with a positive reputation.
I also have the OEM. I like then.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:13 PM
ShadowGrey
Junior User
ShadowGrey is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
We almost ordered ours with the power steps and then decided at the dealership the day of ordering to get the extended steps. We will know in a couple of weeks...I hope.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:16 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Elder User
Alaskan_Warbird has a good reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by BowtieConvert View Post
I have the Amp drop down step in front of the rear wheel. It works pretty good for this old fat man.Can't seem to be able to post a pic though.
Do you have a part # or a link to the one you have? I'm considering doing something similar.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:37 PM
2019er
Senior User
2019er is starting off with a positive reputation.
Do the extensions work for the OEM power runningboards? Stepping on the tire won't work for me. Dually. And the diamondback cover I will be installing will have the middle part that is fixed right about where the wheel well is. The part near the cab flips open, and near the tailgate flips open, but not the middle piece near the tires.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:48 PM
Sport45
Elder User
Sport45 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Luverne O-Mega II wheel to wheel boards. Wish they were a tad lower, but they get the job done for me.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:50 PM
BowtieConvert
Elder User
BowtieConvert is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Warbird View Post
Do you have a part # or a link to the one you have? I'm considering doing something similar.
Here you are, sir.
AMP Research | Official home of POWERSTEP? | BEDSTEP® | BEDSTEP2? | BEDXTENDER?HD

Old 12-04-2018, 02:05 PM
bk4gbay
New User
bk4gbay is starting off with a positive reputation.
ICI Magnum RT steps wheel to wheel if you want a unique look.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Elder User
Alaskan_Warbird has a good reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by BowtieConvert View Post
Thanks! Reps sent.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:58 PM
xxxsherpa
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 2019er View Post
Do the extensions work for the OEM power runningboards? Stepping on the tire won't work for me. Dually. And the diamondback cover I will be installing will have the middle part that is fixed right about where the wheel well is. The part near the cab flips open, and near the tailgate flips open, but not the middle piece near the tires.
I think with the DW you are out of luck on the extended boards. I've been wrong before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.