Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sway bar bushings.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:48 PM
cjfarm11
Senior User
cjfarm11 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sway bar bushings.

I’m looking to to replace or upgrade my sway bar bushings and end links to a greasable style and I was wondermon if anybody sells a complete kit? Any info would be much appreciated. My ex is an 03 6.0L

Old 12-03-2018, 09:03 PM
R&T Babich
Posting Guru
R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by cjfarm11 View Post
I’m looking to to replace or upgrade my sway bar bushings and end links to a greasable style and I was wondermon if anybody sells a complete kit? Any info would be much appreciated. My ex is an 03 6.0L
I've never seen greaseable anti-roll bar main or end link bushings.
The OEM bushings are usually rubber.
Polyurethane bushings are the usual upgrade which helps improve the effectiveness of the bar because there is less distortion and last a lot longer than rubber bushings.

Old 12-03-2018, 11:13 PM
cjfarm11
Senior User
Ok good too know! So is there anybody that makes a couple kit for the ex that’s poly?

Old 12-05-2018, 11:19 PM
cjfarm11
Senior User
TTT
I want to do both front and rear just struggling finding a kit

Old 12-11-2018, 06:27 PM
kawika904
Freshman User
kawika904 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I put in Replacement sway bar end link bushings from Energy Suspension in the stock end links for my upgraded Hellwig sway bars front and rear. After about four years, I was getting the "clunk" sound while turning, a sure sign of end link busing wear. Sure enough they were pretty worn out. I replaced the whole link with greasable units from Moog. Available on Amazon. Search for Moog K80273 Stabilizer Bar Link Kit (right link), Moog K80274 Stabilizer Bar Link Kit (left link).

Moog site; https://www.moogparts.com/find-my-pa...Ford~Excursion

They've only been in two weeks but the clunk is gone. Problem fixed.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:14 PM
R&T Babich
Posting Guru
R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.R&T Babich has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by cjfarm11 View Post
I’m looking to to replace or upgrade my sway bar bushings and end links to a greaseable style and I was wondering if anybody sells a complete kit? Any info would be much appreciated. My ex is an 03 6.0L
Is your Ex a 4wd?
Apparently Moog makes front stabilizer link kits that are greaseable for the front of the 4wd.
Good find kawika904.
I don't see in the Moog catalog any other greaseable link parts for the Ex.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:22 PM
kawika904
Freshman User
Ya my ex is 4wd. I just noticed you are 2wd. I just searched the Moog site for your application and they only show part number K80043. But that one is non greasable. Strange. Even Hellwig, energy suspension, Dorman, Sach all show non greasable for the 2wd. I learned something new.

Edit; Have you seen this link? It's a bit dated but tons of sway bar end link info, It's making my head spin. Note post 18. Good luck.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...th-pics-2.html

Old 01-12-2019, 04:01 PM
my3sonsdad
Junior User
my3sonsdad is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by kawika904 View Post
I replaced the whole link with greasable units from Moog. Available on Amazon. Search for Moog K80273 Stabilizer Bar Link Kit (right link), Moog K80274 Stabilizer Bar Link Kit (left link).
The “stabilizer bar” threw me off...I assume you used these endlinks to mount the Hellwig front “sway bar”, yes?

Old 01-12-2019, 07:22 PM
kawika904
Freshman User
Correct. We all know it as a sway bar. Hellwig calls it a sway bar. Moog apparently referred to it as a stabilizer bar. Same thing. I replaced the end links for the sway/ stabilizer bar. They are the things that connect between the bar and the frame.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:02 PM
R&T Babich
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by kawika904 View Post
Correct. We all know it as a sway bar. Hellwig calls it a sway bar. Moog apparently referred to it as a stabilizer bar. Same thing. ... .
Yes, I catch myself calling it a "sway bar" at times, too, but "sway" is not the motion the bar is working against.
The bars are actually anti-roll bars.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:18 PM
SmackDaddy
Shade Tree Wrencher
SmackDaddy has a very good reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a very good reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a very good reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a very good reputation on FTE.
Energy bushings

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.