January 2019 Chat thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 07:45 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
January 2019 Chat thread

Happy new Year !!
I hope everyone had a good new years celebration last night. I am hating the rain but loving the warm temps.
The morning was busy at work but it was dead by lunchtime so I pulled the Lightning into a bay and finally put in the new left rear shock, checked tire pressures and adjusted the drivers door in a little.
I also ordered the new set of taillights for the dodge. I thought $35 bucks was a good deal on Amazon for both. I want to book a hotel in Orlando before I order a bunch of parts to fix my screw up.

I think I found the hotel I want and it's right across the street from Disney Springs. It is about 50 bucks more than the place we stayed at last time. The last place was OK but for 50 bucks more this place is over the top. It has a water park, lazy river and the room overlooks Disney Springs. I just showed the wife and she likes it.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:02 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You had to work New Years Day? 35 is a good price for 2 taillights. We stayed home andI stayed up to 1205. Thought wife said you were spend8ngbroo m7ch fir hotel for one night.
i going to work on the Mazda today. I am close to running I think and hope. I got fuel up to and out of the filter but not to fuel presure regulator. There is valve or something in line below the manifold.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:20 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I worked on the Lightning Monday afternoon at work, I was off yesterday.
When you factored in the resort fee and then paying for parking too it was almost 275 bucks for one night, so that hotel is out. I went to the Shades of Green website and they had a pool room open for that Friday. I went and tried to add it to my reservation but somehow I totally messed up my reservation. So we have a room for that Friday and I was able to hurry and book a room for Sunday when I realized my mistake but they are not showing anything available for Saturday. I called the reservation desk but ended up sending them an email and told them of my mess up. It was a holiday so there is no support till today. It's still far enough out that I am sure they can fix it.

I hope you get the truck running. I got out my logging chain yesterday and hooked it to the bent rear bumper and an oak tree and pulled it out. It's still bent pretty good but now I can get in there and work on getting the rest of the bent sheet metal out of the way so I can try and get the tailgate open. Redneck body work at it's best !!

Old 01-02-2019, 05:47 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
It threw me off when you said hope everbody had a good New Years Eve last night and it was busy at work in the morning.
nothing wrong with redneck body work. A frame machine same principle just with hydraulics bottle jacks and 2x4 work good sometimes.
Is Shades of Green Holiday Inn like rest of Army billeting? Last time I was at the bx was talking to a guy that worked billiting at Robins. He told me Army now realizes it was a mistake to contract billeting to Holiday Inn, but they can not get out if it. He said there is talk of a Armed Forces billeting that would be military wide manged in house one set of rules vs 4. I know it a little bit of a drive, but Patrick AFB is a lot cheaper. If you ever want to do a beach getaway they have their own plus yourvare close to Kennedy . I know who wants to look at a bunch of old rockets and space junk when you can spend the day with Mickey

Old 01-02-2019, 07:58 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Here is the link to Shades of Green: https://www.shadesofgreen.org/
Shades of Green is a resort owned by the United States Department of Defense (DOD) It is one of five Armed Forces Recreation Centers (AFRC) resorts and a part of the military's Morale, Welfare, and Recreation program (MWR). It's not one of those billeting Holiday Inns like you are thinking. Info is from Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shades_of_Green_(resort) Interesting to read the history.

Old 01-02-2019, 09:00 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Thanks . I think the Hale Kola (sp) is one of the 5. It cheaper to stay off base vs tge Holiday Inn on base. I think last year on our cruise Patrick was 35 or 40. Tggey actual put us in an aircrew suite.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:55 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Shades of Green was able to fix my screw up!!
Good thing about the whole mess is now we now have a pool side room instead of a standard room.

Old 01-02-2019, 02:01 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
It must be dead at work. Glad the you got your room straightened out.

l learn some thing today. On the Mazda fuel comes in the rail onnthe bottom between 3 and 4 . The pressure regulator is on the return side at the front.

Old 01-03-2019, 04:39 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
My neighbor out at the land gave me a nice present - him and his son got bored with all the time off so the wander out to the shop and put my tractor back together. When I called my I was very gratefull they did. I had to tell them we have to seperate the rearend from the transmission to put the gear , bearing and space that fell out when we pulled the transmission that are in the back Jeep. We are going to do it Saturday should not be hard only 6 bolts. After that I get to put all the other stuff back on it.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:07 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
That was nice they worked on your tractor.
Saturday I am going to work on the dent I put in the Dodge so I can put in a new tail light and get the tailgate to open. I guess we will put away all the Christmas decorations too. I want to try and blow some leaves this weekend. The new tail lights for the Dodge won't be in till Monday. I am thinking about ordering the new bumper this weekend. $158.00 and free shipping for a chrome bumper or 98 bucks for a non painted or chromed bumper, 30 bucks each for the top pads.

With the rain moving thru this morning and the warm and dry weekend they are hoping to pave the parking lot on Tuesday at the new store. They also hope to put the industrial coating on the concrete on Tuesday too.Those are the 2 major delays at getting in the building and getting everything finished up.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:53 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
This not the the first time he done stuff like this. I busted a vavle stem off a rear tire I ask to use his compressor to swap it out. Becore I could get back out there He did it. If his older 250 had good tires I could have used it t9 pull tge tractor to the shop. After the rain stops going to work on the Mazda.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:16 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Hope you get the fuel issue fixed with the Mazda.
I got my body working tools set out to take home with me. It doesn't have to be perfect just enough for the taillight to go back in and open the tail gate. It was nice and sunny and warm and now it's cold and windy and overcast, what going on with this crazy weather.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:28 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
I have to pull it apart for the 3rd time. I am having a hard time getting the aftrmarket injectors to seat in the rail. They be seated get them in the holes tighten the. Bolts and the unseat. I going to try the orginals and see what happens. Tomorow is tractor day. If I get back in time back on the Mazda . If not Monday. Sunday I am going to play with my new wood planer

Old 01-05-2019, 03:44 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Blew some leaves and did a good yard clean up today. I also bent the corner of the bed back out on the Dodge.I can open the tailgate now and a taillight should fit back in the hole. I decided to buy the photo package again at Disney World. They take great pictures and we get pictures from the rides that offer photos. They will come into the barbershop and take pictures of little man's first haircut. I was nice to not be raining. With the prolonged dry weather they should be able to pave the parking lot finally.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:44 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Sounds like we both had productive days. The aftermarket injectors dont match OEM. When I pulled them out the ruber inserts came out with them could not get them off tried 2 of old injectors the rail went on the way it should. I had Orileys get me 4 seal/oring kits . If I need injectors I found a set if upgraded rebuilt OEM for 100. 00.
After that drove out to my neighbors shop, with the gears I had. He oldest son had already seperated the transmission from the rearend. Him and another son basicly got the drive train back together, we were support . Wiggle , jack, roll. Once the driveline was stsbbed back together we all worked tighten bolts, hydraulic lines, body. We were just about done my neighbor ask what went in this hole. I knew we dod not take anything out on the transmission. After his second son made a plug. I felt the range shift leaver it had no tension . Pulled up the picture found what should have been in the hole, tgge dentent ball and spring. The tractor shop left it out. After much discussion we decided to press on. Once we got it together and running let the oldest son do the test. It going fwd and backwards . The are are shifting. He tested the range shift as long as he held it in postion it works (semi). Monday I call the tractor shop and see if they still have it hopefully he saved it. If not I order it.
the road out there you have to zig zag to miss potholes. Between my two closes neighbors we pay about 11 k i. Property tax. Paul (where the tractor is at ) pay 5k. My next door neighbor has about same acreage andsane size house. I pay 750 on My 8.5 with nothing on it. People on the rd easy pay 100k in taxes but crap road

Quick Reply: January 2019 Chat thread