December Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 10:47 PM
ArmyRover
Tuned
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiefM
It's a good thing you have medical !!
Don't think the VA will consider whiplash as a service related disability!!

We shall see

Old 12-08-2018, 04:25 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I installed the front shocks yesterday, the ride is improving but still have some vibration. Once I replace the upper control arms and lower ball joints and get an alignment and tire balance I think that should fix it.
The engine parts are finally coming in for the 4 wheeler ! The bulk of them should be here on Monday so we still have time to get it back together before Christmas. The place I ordered them from never informed me they couldn't ship to a different address. They will only ship them to the billing address so they sat in limbo for 3 days.
Installed the optical cable from the TV to the surround sound last night and man what a difference!! I put in Star Wars the last Jedi to tweak it and it's like being at the movies.
Tomorrow is the anniversary of the day we got the huge snow storm last year.
Ag-Pro is taking everyone to Christmas dinner tonight at a fancy steak place tonight in Marietta, I love my job!!!

Old 12-08-2018, 09:10 PM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 1,489 Likes on 1,393 Posts
Good Saturday evening Georgia.

Old 12-10-2018, 04:13 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Rain all weekend, yucky! No internet yesterday or this morning at home so I guess I need to call and have them fix it. Christmas dinner was fantastic and we had fun. Engine guy called texted and said we need carburetor rebuild kits for the 4 wheeler, that should hopefully be the last things to get. I still hope to get it done and back home by Christmas. I’m already ready for time change and warmer weather!!

Old 12-10-2018, 12:07 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Ordered the carb rebuild kits this morning for the 4 wheeler, only 26 bucks for both kits, what a steal! They are coming in on Wednesday.
We think the place we ordered the new crankshaft from forgot to mail it and the new connecting rods, Free overnight shipping so it we be delivered tomorrow.
All the other engine parts have been delivered and are on the porch!!
Some delays and hiccups but looks like we can still have it back together before Christmas.

Old 12-11-2018, 04:34 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
4 wheeler engine parts are in!! Finally getting somewhere! I spent 2 hours on the phone last night with tech support trying to get the internet fixed, I told them the router was broken, after 2 hours they agreed and are sending a new modem. I lost my cool and laid into them after an hour and a half of BS troubleshooting.

We watched how the grinch stole Christmas last night before going to bed. My son woke up crying at 5 am this morning saying he wanted his grinch papi, problem is he has never had a grinch papi. A papi is what he calls his pacifier, he holds it in his hand going to sleep. I finally got him calmed down and back to sleep. You can’t make this stuff up.

Old 12-11-2018, 04:37 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
We have had box on the porch last 2 weeks, I think we are about over the spell. Happy you are good with the new job . Home Depot .com is a joke . Orderd some blades for the hand planner should have been in Friday. 3 calls to the store just to get a tracking # never shipped had to call another # they could not track it my just a tracking # since I have box on the porch I knew better. I guess they think people that order things are dumb rocks. I wisg wd had a Lowes in town.
once you get the 4 wheeler back up it it going to be his and hers ?of course you get the old one

Old 12-11-2018, 07:25 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I will be nice to have 2 of them to ride but with it cold and rainy lately I can wait till spring.
I love our Home Depot, it's the Lowes that drives me crazy.
The engine guy had to easy out the jets in the carbs but they finally came out. The carb kits should be in tomorrow and that should end the box on the porch for us too.

Old 12-11-2018, 10:59 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Lowes gives you 10% mil discount on everything

Old 12-11-2018, 11:01 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
So does Home Depot. I just show them my ID at checkout.
At Lowes I had to preregister and have not been back since. They carry Craftsman tools and I bought my battery impacts from them. Was a pain trying to get one of them exchanged under warranty.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:35 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Home depot is somethings.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:01 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Service manager meeting today so I’m not going to the shop. They have 2 a year so it looks like this is the first of many. The carb kits should arrive today and the new crank. Those are the last 2 things we need to finish the 4 wheeler engine.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:17 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
I may work on the Mazda today. The emphasis is still on finishing the bed platform. That is going slow since I am have to work alk for sides of every board. Have to use 36 grit first on pine. The planer blades will be in Friday that should help.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:50 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Finally got the router in the mail, it was inoperative straight out of the box. They are going to finally send a tech on Monday to repair our internet. Lapped the valves on the 4 wheeler heads and installed new seals. We pressed in the new crank yesterday too. The engine should be done this weekend!!

Old 12-14-2018, 05:07 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
How long has your internet beed down? I would be asking for bill credit. Glad you are making progress on thee 4 wheeler

Quick Reply: December Chat Thread