FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
Happy Friday all.

Jim

Old 12-21-2018, 05:33 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts
Just sprayed six gallons of Round Up on the property next door. No one else takes care of it so it's up to me to keep the weeds down along my property line. I'm in a fire risk 9 out of 10 on the homeowners insurance rankings and on the very edge of a neighborhood bordering the Santa Cruz Mountains on the Morgan Hill side.

I love this time of year. I burn the crap out of my firewood. I started the season with about 3 cords, of which one and a half were bought and one and a half were scrounged. The scrounged Bay Laurel is great. I am also burning almond, blue oak, and live oak. Oh and some cypress kinda thing branches I trimmed off a huge tree. Smokie sets up camp right next to the fireplace.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:46 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Got a call from the delivery company contracted by Ray Fisher's Pharmacy, they will be delivering my new scooter between 5:30-6pm today.

Jim

Old 12-22-2018, 07:04 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Saturday Nor Cal.

Jim

Old 12-22-2018, 11:31 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys , still here , had to finish up the loose ends before Christmas , now the family gets together for food and fun , this leaves me well 1 day to shop, maybe 2 if I don’t sleep in Saturday , wishing everybody a Merry Christmas �� in advance because you know how much I like going to a crowded stores and how I drive my grocery carts ��, it’s cart derby time Gents
hohohooo.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:03 AM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
Received 224 Likes on 200 Posts
Crawled under the truck again. Old cars don't have more maintenance, per se. Same maintenance. You just have to do it more often. Could not remember the last time I changed the fuel filter. So today was a good day to do it, since I remembered. Installed GM AC Delco on a Ford Lincoln Mercury. Is that sacreligious? It was cheaper. Unbelievable that 10 years ago, Ford spec was 3000 miles for an oil change. The Transit Connect has an intelligent oil life monitor which activates between 7,500 - 10,000 miles, based upon driving style.

2007 Maintenance Schedule

OEM Ford Motorcraft FG1083 specs

Cross reference

Amazon pricing for compatible fuel filters

Rear fitting removes with a screwdriver

Front fitting requires special tool

View inside of fitting

View inside of fitting

Lower price than Motorcraft

Old 12-23-2018, 12:03 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's crazy out there! I'm so glad I'm done with all that shopping nonsense. It's a dog eat dog world right now.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:19 AM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
5150 is being propositioned.

5150 is trying very hard to resist the temptation.

She's attractive by conventional standards. The kind that your gaze lingers too long, your mouth drops open, your brain drives your tongue to reflexively flicker in anticipation. Your wife gives you a sharp elbow because you caught you looking.

She has a venereal condition which is transmittable.

I still have hopes and dreams of becoming a Supreme Court Justice like Judge Kavanaugh.

I liked beer. I still like beer.

5150 wants her.
5150 does not want her herpes.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:47 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Got a call from the delivery company contracted by Ray Fisher's Pharmacy, they will be delivering my new scooter between 5:30-6pm today.

Jim
Hey Jim. We did not get a scooter report. How's that bad boy working?

Old 12-23-2018, 12:34 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Sunday Nor Cal.

Scooter is a good thing bad thing. Mostly good though. it runs like a bat out of hell. However, it is longer and wider than my old one and I am in a small one bedroom apartment. So getting it angled so I can get out of the apartment is a hassle. I weighs more than I can lift, so I cannot just pick up one end and swing it around like the delivery guy did when he brought it in. Luckily it has a freewheel mode, I can access by pulling a lever. That will probably be the way I do it in the future. Due to it being 20 inches longer, one of the four wheels will always go off the sidewalk when I try to turn from my sidewalk to the one that runs between the apartment buildings. other than that I love it. This thing is twice as fast as the old one, and has more storage for groceries thanks to the optional rear basket. Pride Mobility even gave me a free Air Force patch when they found out I was in the service. I installed it on the seat back using Velcro. I will post pics when I get off my lazy bum and fish the camera out of the closet. LOL

Jim

Old 12-23-2018, 10:06 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Happy Sunday Nor Cal.

Scooter is a good thing bad thing. Mostly good though. it runs like a bat out of hell. However, it is longer and wider than my old one and I am in a small one bedroom apartment. So getting it angled so I can get out of the apartment is a hassle. I weighs more than I can lift, so I cannot just pick up one end and swing it around like the delivery guy did when he brought it in. Luckily it has a freewheel mode, I can access by pulling a lever. That will probably be the way I do it in the future. Due to it being 20 inches longer, one of the four wheels will always go off the sidewalk when I try to turn from my sidewalk to the one that runs between the apartment buildings. other than that I love it. This thing is twice as fast as the old one, and has more storage for groceries thanks to the optional rear basket. Pride Mobility even gave me a free Air Force patch when they found out I was in the service. I installed it on the seat back using Velcro. I will post pics when I get off my lazy bum and fish the camera out of the closet. LOL

Jim
Jim now we fit it up with sand dune paddle tires , take the smog cert off and get you out to Pismo for more jumping pics ,lol
Easy 5150 those herps are a gift that keeps on giving , besides the Ribs gets sore after a few Wife elbows , like a UFC cage fighter .
Thats right Tim , it was a big mistake going out Today , went to a Sportsmen’s Warehouse , never been but really like , almost like a CalRanch store but with less Ag stuff and more sports stuff , lots of guns &Ammo.
im done with shopping ,now for a rear brake and hopefully not Rotor install , it better not rain ,lol

Old 12-24-2018, 04:22 AM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
How does an old guy get a heavy scooter in the bed of a pickup truck?

Old 12-24-2018, 11:14 AM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Fifty150
The same way us broken bodied youngsters do it.....Get someone else to.

On my way to Sacramento to pick my mother up at the airport. What a gloriously wet day to be traveling on I-5.

Old 12-24-2018, 11:30 AM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
I was envisioning a lift gate.

Old 12-24-2018, 11:41 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by Fifty150
Ramps. We got ramps. That's how I get my 450 lb mower in/out, not to mention my generator.

Quick Reply: December 2018 all topic thread