1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

FTE family friendly?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 12:18 PM
merten
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 56panelford
I agree...and the one exploiting innocent little children..
Ouch! You made my point, more damage. Delete them both.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:18 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 12-03-2018, 12:37 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
You can't please everyone, that's a fact. Some found the thread offensive, that's what's wrong with the world today. People get offended at every little thing. I get offended when someone puts a Chevy engine in a ford. I find that horrible. But I don't flame the person or make world war three out of the issue. I just let it roll,, everyone has likes and dislikes and this was a way over the top mess and should have never been an issue. They weren't nude, many pics were here before and like it's been said yea is now a nea.
I think since this is a ford truck forum any talk that isn't ford should be banned. No more pics of jag front ends, Chevy engines, talk of jeep wiper motors, or Cadillac seats. It's just wrong I say.
See how stupid that sounds?

Old 12-03-2018, 12:40 PM
EBEAR
Cargo Master
Received 542 Likes on 309 Posts
I personally don't care whether the thread in question is here or not . I am however very dissmayed at the handling of it by locking one of the threads and not the other there has been a message sent that censorship for the wishes of some is acceptable . This in my opinion has done much more to damage to the credibility and friendliness of this site and as such I will also be reviewing my participation .

Old 12-03-2018, 01:28 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's it - I am gone.

Dave S

Old 12-03-2018, 01:31 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,132 Likes on 2,656 Posts

Old 12-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Mixer man
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100
You can't please everyone, that's a fact. Some found the thread offensive, that's what's wrong with the world today. People get offended at every little thing. I get offended when someone puts a Chevy engine in a ford. I find that horrible. But I don't flame the person or make world war three out of the issue. I just let it roll,, everyone has likes and dislikes and this was a way over the top mess and should have never been an issue. They weren't nude, many pics were here before and like it's been said yea is now a nea.
I think since this is a ford truck forum any talk that isn't ford should be banned. No more pics of jag front ends, Chevy engines, talk of jeep wiper motors, or Cadillac seats. It's just wrong I say.
See how stupid that sounds?
Wholeheartedly agree. Let's eliminate the hypocrisy.

Old 12-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by 49f3dls
That's it - I am gone. I just can't believe in todays age pictures of young girls sextually posing is tolarated and accepted on a forum with this history.
Who said anything about "young girls"?? That's just BS. If that were true you'd have a point. I suppose if someone is 85 just about every girl is young, let's not make stuff up.

Old 12-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Mixer man
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 49f3dls
That's it - I am gone. I just can't believe in todays age pictures of young girls sextually posing is tolarated and accepted on a forum with this history.. If I would be disappointed in my daughter posing like this I feel I owe it to the female gender to think that way for all of them.
Have fun, and I hope the forum gives you enjoyment.

Dave S
I am sorry that you felt compelled to look at the pictures in the first place. I think it safe to assume that all these ladies are someone's daughters, and nobody twisted their arms to pose. In fact, don't you agree that some models are handsomely paid to pose? I think it's sad that some people insist on ignoring the facts of life. That said, I hope you reconsider your decision to leave, and maybe re-evaluate your belief system and core values. In any event, I wish you nothing but the best.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:50 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by hulleywoodworking
I have to ask-has anyone who objects to the thread flagged it AND registered a complaint with the moderators? And if so, what was the response? If not, why not?
Yes, there were complaints. Proving again that as always pleasing everyone is damn impossible.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:12 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by Fomoko1
Yes, there were complaints. Proving again that as always pleasing everyone is damn impossible.
Impossible feat for sure. I for one am sorry you have to be the playground monitor

Old 12-03-2018, 04:31 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Thank you Kevin. It's just a part of the territory and this is a great forum to be a small part of. Unfortunately speed bumps happen occasionally.

Old 12-03-2018, 08:03 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,838 Likes on 1,837 Posts
Wow
I hadn't checked in for a day or two, I didn't realize things had gotten so heated.
To those of you that are leaving the site, I wish you wouldn't. Please don't be hasty, your opinions, values and input are greatly appreciated and it would be a shame to lose it. I'm sure this will get worked out and we'll survive this little hiccup. Lord knows we've survived other hiccups around here and we'll overcome this one.

Bobby

Old 12-04-2018, 12:56 PM
truckeemtnfords
Cargo Master
Received 177 Likes on 126 Posts
Up to now I have only been reading these comments and laughing to myself. You folks that are taking such offense to the post in question crack me up. I felt the title of the post was pretty clear, girls and trucks, but yet you open it and then complain about the content. WHY did you open it, morbid curiosity? This is the equivalent of going to a car or truck show, stopping to look at a vehicle that does not interest you and then bad mouthing the builders choices. If the post had a deceptive title then I would say you had room to complain but I felt it was pretty straight forward.

It sounds like you might be rubberneckers that drive past an accident and then complain about the mayhem you had to see as you slowed to look, or the NIMBY (Not in my back yard) crowd that does not want someone put something on their property because it does not fit your idea of what should be there or blocks your view, etc..

I have served my country, been in LE for 26 years and will be 59 this month so I have seen a few things, no expert, just saying. I married a good looking woman and have three daughters I have been told are beautiful, they all work out and like wearing their bikinis and they (the daughters mostly) sometimes post things I don't agree with but I don't own them, they are adults and I have to respect what they have the right to do. I would be honored to have any of them pose with any of my vehicles because I am very proud of them and what I have built.

I will bet anybody on here that I could come to your town and find people that think we are degrading the neighborhood because of our hobby, especially in the project phase. There will always be haters, but don't tell us that we can't have old vehicles just because you feel that I am ruining the earth by not having a Prius or Tesla.

My point is just because you don't like or agree with something does not give you the right to censor someone else. Of course there are limits to everything but this should not be one of them.

I will close this by saying I will not take my ball and go home like some are threatening on here only to post again, but instead I will stick around and help those I can and **** off those that are easily offended.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:19 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,132 Likes on 2,656 Posts
Well said Dave..

Quick Reply: FTE family friendly?