1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver's power seat wiring harness

Old 11-24-2018, 09:01 PM
clwhitt
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the wiring diagram for the 2004 Ford F-250 Driver Side Power Seat, and I have traced the wiring through the connectors to find out why I have no power to my power seat. I have 12V of power at connector C2701 (see attached diagram) where it comes off the fuse box, but I do not have power at C3007 where it connects to the harness under the seat. What I'm seeking here is the path the harness takes from the fuse box to the seat. I would suspect the path is under the door trim, but a large bundle (including the three wires from C2701) goes back to the firewall from the fusebox (rather that toward the trim kick panel where I would expect it to go) and from the firewall I have no definitive idea where the Dark Green wire it goes. Can you help?

Old 11-25-2018, 03:10 AM
ifrythings
Laughing Gas
Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts

From what I can tell from the few diagrams I have is that the seat power could be fed from either the drivers or passenger side of the truck, the harness runs under both seats connecting b pillar to b pillar.

I know on the later (08) superduty they are fed from the passenger side but that is also where the SJB is, yours being under the drivers knee panel I would think they would run it down the drivers side.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:53 AM
clwhitt
New User
Wow, that is a totally awesome reply. Using this I can better see that the bundle of wires I mentioned previously actually do run to the kick panel and not the firewall (yup, went out with a flashlight and verified that). I also see that I probably had those diagrams available to me in the first place (still learning how to use this service manual disk). Once it warms up a bit (31 degrees and the wiring harness is STIFF), I'll go see how successful I can be in tracing that damn DG wire down.

Thanks!

Old 12-02-2018, 02:59 PM
clwhitt
New User

For the thread:
Pulling off the driver's side door sill gave me my first clue something was amiss, there was a burned section on the plastic door sill. Moving the taped up wiring harness in the area of the burn-sign immediately produced sparks, and even a small fire. By my count, I have ten wires that burned through the insulation. They're right up against a plastic hose that leads the bundle under the seat, so there may be more wires inside that I'm not seeing. I'm going to have to pull the seat to make sure I get everything.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:44 PM
clwhitt
New User
So, I have been through all the wiring diagrams and I'm not finding the WH/YE, YE/GR, GY/PK, OG, YE or LG/WH wires anywhere. Is there a way to read from the service manual disc what wires are in that bundle under the door sill plate?

Old 04-09-2019, 01:36 AM
clwhitt
New User
As an epilogue to this thread I would like to close it out with what I did and the results I achieved.
I was unable to find the answer to my last question on identifying some of the burnt wires, so I just went ahead and started replacing them all. I went to a wrecking yard and cut a bunch of wires out of a wrecked vehicle so that I could replace the burned sections with like wires (in size and coloring). I wasn't 100% successful in getting all the right colors, but I did get all the right sizes.
There were 14 wires in this bundle under the driver's door sill piece that were burned, some still functional, but still candidates for replacement. So I cut them out one at a time then soldered and heat shrinked them as I worked my way through the bundle. To my pleasant surprise, when I was finished, not only did the driver's seat start working again, but many other things did too.
Way back in 2015, I posted a question in this forum about losing the feature of the radio shutting off when exiting the truck. The consensus back then was that it was the VSM at fault, and, well, I had never gotten around to replacing it. Well guess what came back to life? Yup, that and the passenger seat's controls, the dome lights and even a door ajar icon on the dash that I don't believe I have ever seen.
I bought this truck in 2008 or 2009, getting a great deal on it at the time ($14k). It's only real issue then, to my knowledge, was that a dog had tore up some of the interior. The Car-Fax at the time had shown that it had been in the shop quite often for an unknown reason, but it ran and drove great. Now, seeing that door icon come alive, I'm wondering to myself if perhaps this has not been a festering problem for 10+ years. Regardless, I'm just thrilled with where it's at now. I love my truck!
Thanks for all your help and encouragement!