Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High millage maintenance for new owner

Old 11-25-2018, 07:46 AM
The Bone
Elder User
The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.
I got my tires from my Ford dealer. Now you can spend way more than $1,200 for a set of tires depending what tire you want.
Wishing for the good ol days when gas was 35 cents and tires were about $25 a set LOL Even when gas was that cheap it was still hard for me to come up with the money LOL. You used to say give me 5 gallons not $5. car wouldn't hold that much gas.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:23 PM
chandler789
New User
chandler789 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Update: Called a local dealer today - cost for a coolant flush and transflush + filter is about $460.00. It's a no brainier to let them take care of it versus all the headache and time to save only $200.00. I was honestly expecting closer to a $1k ticket cost.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:34 PM
HRTKD
Post Fiend
HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.HRTKD has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by chandler789 View Post
Update: Called a local dealer today - cost for a coolant flush and transflush + filter is about $460.00. It's a no brainier to let them take care of it versus all the headache and time to save only $200.00. I was honestly expecting closer to a $1k ticket cost.
That sounds like a good deal to me. What dealer?

Old 11-27-2018, 05:03 AM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
that is a good price. is that the quicklane or straight to the service dept? I have found that the quicklane will be cheaper.

Old 11-27-2018, 07:32 AM
The Bone
Elder User
The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.
Believe it or not sometimes service at the dealer may surprise you at how cost effective it is. My daughter needed 2 new tires and so she got 2 at Les Schawb. Then she found out that she needed a complete set. I told her to go to Ford and get the other 2. She called me later and Ford had a better price on tires. The dealer isn't always the highest price like the old days

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: