2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Factory All-Weather Floor Mats: 2-piece or 3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 10:12 AM
67L48
Posting Guru
Received 174 Likes on 100 Posts
Factory All-Weather Floor Mats: 2-piece or 3?

When building out a CC SD, there is an option for All-Weather Floor Mats, which are similar to WeatherTech and Husky liners. At $135 MSRP, these aren't a very good deal for a 2-piece set -- Husky brand is cheaper by a significant amount. But, if the Ford part is a 3-piece set that includes the rear liner, then this is a pretty good price.

Has anyone ordered this to know if it's just the front (2-piece) or if it also includes the rear liner (3-piece)? Thanks.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:27 AM
Crabbman P
More Turbo
Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts
Mine were front and rear, 3 piece and say Super Duty on them. They were dealer installed and were about that price.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:36 AM
V-22 Osprey
Mountain Pass
Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts
If you have snow and slush in the winter I would skip the factor mats. With higher edges all-around the Husky/Weather Tech style catch much more of the winter mess. I have the factor mats now and plan to get a set of the Husky for the winter. Dealer had the Ford mats in stock when I picked the truck up. Should have waited and paid ones...the older I get the more this seems to happen!

Old 11-21-2018, 11:16 AM
Hjabernathy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll admit to not having seen the Ford mats or liners yet, but here's what I know. Ford mats are $117 for the set of three. Ford liners, which extend up the sides of the floor wells, are $175. Both of these come in black, the only color available from Ford. Right now, Husky X-Act liners are $209 for a set of three on Amazon, in black or cocoa which are the only two colors they come in. Not sure of the cost of WeatherTechs, but I believe they're a bit less expensive than Huskys. I saw the WeatherTechs and didn't like the plastic-like material. A lot of people swear by WeatherTech. It really comes down to personal preference since I believe that all three do the job they're intended to do. It is true that the Ford mats and liners are embossed with the SUPER DUTY logo, so go with those if that lights your fire.

I saw a sample of the Ford material. It is flexible and rubbery, much like the Husky X-Acts. However, I have to agree with many of the posters on this forum that the X-Acts are a nicer mat or liner. They are thicker material than the Ford ones. But you'll pay about $35 for that extra material. FYI - the Husky liners recently dropped in price from nearly $235, so now is the time to buy if that's your choice.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:20 PM
Crabbman P
More Turbo
This is what the three piece set looks like. I have seen the Husky set and agree they seem better, would likely have gone that route had I known that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17-thru-19-...edirect=mobile

Old 11-21-2018, 03:13 PM
67L48
Posting Guru
Thanks for the replies. I have WeatherTech liners in my F150 today and like them very much. They've held up for 13 years now and do their job well. I put Husky liners in my wife's Subaru and like them, also. Cheaper than the WeatherTech, but also, well, cheaper. Both are great for containment of all kinds of crap, liquids, dirt, rocks, etc.

I don't care about the branding, so I'll eventually get what the most cost-effective when I buy my SD truck. If I were buying today, I'd probably do a bit more research on the brands to better assess the Ford brand's height/containment. I think the X-Plan pricing puts that set at around $120. That's a really good price for a front/rear set of liners. And, I'd have black interior, so no issues there.

The building tools calls them "All-Weather Floor Mats," but gives a picture of the floor liner:
"The deep grooves and raised ridges in these heavy-duty mats catch and hold snow, slush and mud, while protecting the vehicle’s carpeting. Nibbed backing and driver-side positive retention help keep the mats in place (deletes carpeted mats; not available with Carpet Delete option)."

The photo is the same as Part No: HC3Z-2613300-BA. I think that the reason they are $175 as an accessory and $135 as a build option is that Ford gives you a $40 credit on the carpeted mats that it's no longer providing.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:32 PM
JD'sBigredv10
More Turbo
Received 132 Likes on 63 Posts
I bought a set of 2017 illuminated door sills the day before I ordered my 2019 Platinum. Only the Ford branded liner don't cover up part of the sill. I wanted both carpet mats and all weather liners so I purchased the Ford branded three piece liners separately. I think I paid $138 with free shipping. I installed the liners the day my truck came home. I am very happy with them so far.

Old 11-22-2018, 01:44 PM
prsdoc
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have a '19 Lariat that I ordered with the front bench seat and Ford OEM mats. Didn't realize the front center carpet wouldn't be covered by the factory mats. We mean to go camping with the truck and things get DIRTY. Just ordered a set of Weathertech liners that covers the front center carpet; couldn't find a Husky product that covers the center. Thanks for the thread and the comparison between products, guys.

Might have to put up the factory mats in the classifieds.

Old 11-22-2018, 02:43 PM
Crabbman P
More Turbo
One thing I will add is that with the black carpet and black mats every little piece of grass or dirt shows up and is seemingly amplified by the contrast. It does not take much to make your floor look like ****.

Old 11-24-2018, 03:38 PM
Readgriff
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I’ve ordered a 2017 Superduty 6.7 CCLB Lariat with carpet delete.
Also ordered All Weather Floor Mats $160.00 option.
The mats I received in the truck are not contoured at all there just flat rubber with ribs they are pinned and a magnet in the front.
I never really thought these were the right mats they look like just flat stock mats to me not a $160.00 option.
Should the All Weather Floor mats option look similar to the Huskey,Weather Tech mats?
Thanks

Old 11-25-2018, 03:08 PM
67L48
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Readgriff
[...] Should the All Weather Floor mats option look similar to the Huskey,Weather Tech mats? [sic][...]
I've posted pictures and links above to show what the All-Weather Floor Mats look like. They are indeed similar to the Husky/WeatherTech mats.

Old 11-25-2018, 03:21 PM
Readgriff
Mountain Pass
67L48
The ones that I got with my 2017 Superduty do not look like those.
Mine are flat with no side lips just grooves in the rubber.
I orderd carpet delete
This is why I’m asking what kind of All Weather Mats did anyone get with carpet delete.
Thanks

Old 11-25-2018, 04:05 PM
Crabbman P
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Readgriff
67L48
The ones that I got with my 2017 Superduty do not look like those.
Mine are flat with no side lips just grooves in the rubber.
I orderd carpet delete
This is why I’m asking what kind of All Weather Mats did anyone get with carpet delete.
Thanks
I believe the mats for a vinyl floor differ from the ones for carpet. They appear so in the link below. The ones for carpet are more like a tray, at least in the front.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17-thru-19-...edirect=mobile

Old 11-25-2018, 04:27 PM
Readgriff
Mountain Pass
Crabman
That link is the mats that I have they are not as nice as the carpet tray mats.
Flat with grooves
Wonder why they have two different mats one for carpet more tray and flat for carpet delete.
Thanks

Old 11-25-2018, 04:36 PM
Crabbman P
More Turbo
^^^ That is one of those mysteries only the bean counters at Ford can answer LOL.Could have something to do with possible accelerator pedal interaction with the mats, but I'm just guessing.

Quick Reply: Factory All-Weather Floor Mats: 2-piece or 3?