HD shocks for lowered truck - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

HD shocks for lowered truck

Old 11-19-2018, 11:19 PM
ogarcia434
Freshman User
ogarcia434 is starting off with a positive reputation.
HD shocks for lowered truck

My 2002 Harley needs new front and rear shocks. The truck is lowered front and back 2" . My mechanic says that I need to get shorter shocks to compensate for the drop. I know you can get longer shocks for lifted trucks but I have never heard of shorter shocks. I have lowered other cars before and used the stock sized shocks without a problem.
I would appreciate your comments.
Thank You

Old 11-25-2018, 09:16 PM
Beechkid
Beechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud of
Well, 2" imho on a truck is borderline for looking at "modified shocks" as you still have 4" plus of travel and really, IMHO, unless you are doing some real hard driving with loads, I doubt bottoming would be an issue. but, you can certainly call KYB, etc. a discuss this with them as they (like Bilstein, etc.) will almost always have a shock in stock that would be a direct boltin for your application.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.