Raptor Style Grill Lights (Platinum) - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Raptor Style Grill Lights (Platinum)

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Raptor Style Grill Lights (Platinum)

  #1  
Old 11-19-2018, 12:54 AM
Carnac22
Carnac22 is online now
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 117
Carnac22 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Raptor Style Grill Lights (Platinum)

I installed a set of Raptor style grill lights to my 2017 F-250 Platinum.

Purchased from Stage 3 Motorsports for $89.

I think they look great - perfect match to the amber turn signals and mirror lights.

They are wired to the running lights, but I think that I will move the wiring to an upfitter switch so that I can turn or or off as desired.

Jim

ps - good shot of Tufskinz SD hood inserts - brushed silver on a White Platinum F-250.


 
  #2  
Old 11-19-2018, 09:20 AM
claf
claf is online now
Freshman User
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 39
claf is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks great! Love the price too.
 
  #3  
Old 11-19-2018, 09:26 AM
INTP
INTP is offline
New User
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 7
INTP is starting off with a positive reputation.
Stage 3 Motorsports is doing free shipping this week and you can get an additional 5% off with coupon code NL5. I just ordered the same lights for my truck!
 
  #4  
Old 11-19-2018, 10:31 AM
prsdoc
prsdoc is offline
New User
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 14
prsdoc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks nice, thanks for sharing. Will have to look into this mod.
 
  #5  
Old 11-21-2018, 12:19 AM
Carnac22
Carnac22 is online now
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 117
Carnac22 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just a note - on the Platinum grill the four light version works on other grills the three light version works.

The Platinum grill has square plastic grate that the light goes behind and an odd number of lights (3) would require a light in the center of the grill, but it would be blocked by the grate, so the four light version works.

Jim
 
  #6  
Old 11-21-2018, 12:41 AM
Alaskan_Warbird's Avatar
Alaskan_Warbird
Alaskan_Warbird is online now
Elder User
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Posts: 792
Alaskan_Warbird has a good reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a good reputation on FTE.Alaskan_Warbird has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Carnac22 View Post
Just a note - on the Platinum grill the four light version works on other grills the three light version works.

The Platinum grill has square plastic grate that the light goes behind and an odd number of lights (3) would require a light in the center of the grill, but it would be blocked by the grate, so the four light version works.

Jim
Good info, thanks. Reps sent. I plan to finish my upfitter install (finally) this weekend, then I'm going to install 2 Rigid 6" LED's on either side of the blue oval. The 3 set version of the Raptor lights, wired to their own upfitter switch will look awesome.
 
  #7  
Old 11-21-2018, 09:10 AM
50stangpower
50stangpower is offline
Freshman User
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 35
50stangpower is starting off with a positive reputation.
I cant find this in white. is amber the only color?
 
  #8  
Old 11-21-2018, 10:01 AM
Carnac22
Carnac22 is online now
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 117
Carnac22 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by 50stangpower View Post
I cant find this in white. is amber the only color?
I have only seen it in amber (for the kits). You could make your own - there are threads about building Raptor grill lights. Pretty inexpensive.

Jim
 
  #9  
Old 11-21-2018, 10:53 AM
GABAR
GABAR is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,874
GABAR is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.GABAR is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Carnac22 View Post
I installed a set of Raptor style grill lights to my 2017 F-250 Platinum.

Purchased from Stage 3 Motorsports for $89.

I think they look great - perfect match to the amber turn signals and mirror lights.

They are wired to the running lights, but I think that I will move the wiring to an upfitter switch so that I can turn or or off as desired.

Jim

ps - good shot of Tufskinz SD hood inserts - brushed silver on a White Platinum F-250.


Looks good and those inserts are the perfect color against the White Platinum Paint. By far my favorite color from Ford and worth the extra cost.
 
  #10  
Old 11-21-2018, 11:30 AM
Carnac22
Carnac22 is online now
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 117
Carnac22 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by GABAR View Post
Looks good and those inserts are the perfect color against the White Platinum Paint. By far my favorite color from Ford and worth the extra cost.
Thanks - the brushed silver SUPER DUTY inserts from Tufskinz are pretty subtle (esp in the day light) but I like the look - just enough to see the SUPER DUTY, but not in-your-face. I have the same on the tail gate.
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.