Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner - couple questions!

Old 11-18-2018, 12:36 PM
derblott
New User
derblott is starting off with a positive reputation.
New Owner - couple questions!

Just brought home a 2019 F350 CCLB Lariat. First time diesel owner, and lurking this forum for a while helped inform my purchase decision, so thank you!

I wasnít able to find these answers in the manual or via the FTE search, but feel free to redirect if I missed something:
  1. I set my tire pressures to 55psi all around, and the TPMS is complaining the rear is too low. Iíll add more air when towing or hauling of course, but is there a way to calibrate the system so it accepts lower pressure? I have the Michelins on 20" wheels. The yellow warning light eats at my OCD...
  2. Various engine surfaces under the hood are covered in a light oily substance - pretty sure it is not motor oil. Is this some kind of anti corrosion they spray on at the factory or do I have something to be worried about?
Loving both the truck and this forum so far.

Old 11-18-2018, 02:18 PM
fortheford
Senior User
fortheford is starting off with a positive reputation.
The "stuff" is sprayed on at factory and it will burn off soon enough. May smell a bit. This is normal.

For the TPMS setting, you can find out how to change that in the "FORScan" threads on this forum. Or maybe beg your local dealer but I don't think they'll cooperate. Enjoy your new truck!

Old 11-18-2018, 02:20 PM
coolidge54
Senior User
coolidge54 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My F350 CCLB Lariat 6.7 rides fine with 80psi rear, 65psi front. Just air up your tires above the warning threshold and keep it simple.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:50 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by fortheford View Post
The "stuff" is sprayed on at factory and it will burn off soon enough. May smell a bit. This is normal.

For the TPMS setting, you can find out how to change that in the "FORScan" threads on this forum. Or maybe beg your local dealer but I don't think they'll cooperate. Enjoy your new truck!
On my 2015 the dealer lowered my tpms to 50 psi and turned on the def filter gauge.

Old 11-19-2018, 08:38 PM
GSDdad
New User
GSDdad is starting off with a positive reputation.
Discount Tire lowered my tpms when I had new tires installed

Old 11-19-2018, 09:08 PM
derblott
New User
derblott is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by fortheford View Post

Perfect, thank you. Just ordered my OBDII connector!

Originally Posted by coolidge54 View Post
My F350 CCLB Lariat 6.7 rides fine with 80psi rear, 65psi front. Just air up your tires above the warning threshold and keep it simple.
The difference in ride quality is dramatic, IMO. But more importantly thatís just the incorrect pressure for an unloaded tire - it rides up on the center and doesnít wear correctly. It was even obvious to the naked eye, the outer 1.5" of the tread on each side were squeaky clean and untouched after the drive home!

Old 11-19-2018, 09:28 PM
k7lvo
Elder User
k7lvo is a splendid one to beholdk7lvo is a splendid one to beholdk7lvo is a splendid one to beholdk7lvo is a splendid one to beholdk7lvo is a splendid one to beholdk7lvo is a splendid one to beholdk7lvo is a splendid one to beholdk7lvo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by derblott View Post

Perfect, thank you. Just ordered my OBDII connector!

The difference in ride quality is dramatic, IMO. But more importantly thatís just the incorrect pressure for an unloaded tire - it rides up on the center and doesnít wear correctly. It was even obvious to the naked eye, the outer 1.5" of the tread on each side were squeaky clean and untouched after the drive home!
I was concerned about that, too, but I just replaced the factory tires at 58,000 miles. Wear was even, tread was >4/32ís all around. Inflation was always 75-80#.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:36 PM
mattymax
Elder User
mattymax is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mattymax is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Any pics of the new truck ??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.