2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Camera-in-motion option available.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 05:09 PM
NAVTV_BM
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by emanaresi
It is not a deal breaker at the moment. Still a very cool product, but lets please keep the lack of upgradability and the lack of the switched force to camera option in mind when you offer us an upgrade path.

Thanks for your help and your support on here.
Originally Posted by emanaresi
I was hoping that it would allow me to go to the reverse camera then back to the forward camera etc without repressing buttons on the dash...

As it is now, if I am maneuvering my crew cab long bed in a tight spot or maneuvering a trailer if I have the fwd/360 then shift to reverse it changes to reverse/360, then when I shift back to fwd it just goes back to the radio screen.

I was hoping that a switched input would force it to go back to the fwd camera when I shifted back into a fwd gear.

Maybe this functionality is there and I am missing something?
So the simple explanation is, for this first release, we wanted to keep it simple - we've run with the idea of reverse having priority and/or retaining last known camera displayed (even 2 or 3 last known, in order) with similar products before, but it forces us to use lots more code, to the point that we run out of space on the chip which can cause problems in an of itself (reliability-wise). And for half (maybe more) of customers, they'd rather have the reliability over this, or they'd rather have it the opposite camera than we set up as priority (you know, different strokes), so for this project, we just clear all camera(s) when you return to park/drive.

But ultimately, 10-4 on keeping last known used camera for the future upgrades to this kit. I will bring it to the team when it comes time. The thought about going back and fourth from reverse to drive and retaining maybe 1 last known camera shouldn't be too big of a deal to add. I can state that the next (upgraded) hardware revision which will most likely be full retail price, will be equipped with an 8 dip-switch header to offer some array of choice for things like this

thank you for your feedback.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:54 PM
LincolnNeDude
New User
Just ordered mine today. Hopefully, the AUX camera on the back of my trailer will work as advertised. I'm very much looking forward to seeing this all in place.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:57 PM
23mikey
5th Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Took advantage of the special pricing and couldn't be happier with the product! Install was straight forward, though I did take my time with trying to disengage the connector locks so I don't break anything.. While I've only been driving with it locally and only for about 5 days, personally I find the loss of GPS positioning to be a minor annoyance. Even when towing my 5th wheel, I don't envision staying on the AUX camera for such a long time as to disrupt the nav feature.

One comment I'd like to make, is that the turn signal/camera function seems to stay on camera about 2 seconds after the turn signal has cancelled. To me, this is a bit too long. There may be a reason for this, I don't know. But for me, I'd like to see it reduced to 1/2 second. Just my thoughts.

As for introducing a bare bones KISS first version I totally agree that that was the proper decision. Too many wants for extras and it's gonna become more cumbersome to use and less useful.

Thanks for a great product to fill in where Ford let us down.

Mike

Old 12-06-2018, 04:26 PM
NAVTV_BM
Freshman User
Originally Posted by LincolnNeDude
Just ordered mine today. Hopefully, the AUX camera on the back of my trailer will work as advertised. I'm very much looking forward to seeing this all in place.
Hi LincolnDude, are you asking if AUX camera can be displayed at any time like the rest of the cameras? if so, yes. Any of the cameras can be displayed on demand, with the exception of the side view cameras which only can be displayed using blinkers (optionally).

Originally Posted by 23mikey
Took advantage of the special pricing and couldn't be happier with the product! Install was straight forward, though I did take my time with trying to disengage the connector locks so I don't break anything.. While I've only been driving with it locally and only for about 5 days, personally I find the loss of GPS positioning to be a minor annoyance. Even when towing my 5th wheel, I don't envision staying on the AUX camera for such a long time as to disrupt the nav feature.

One comment I'd like to make, is that the turn signal/camera function seems to stay on camera about 2 seconds after the turn signal has cancelled. To me, this is a bit too long. There may be a reason for this, I don't know. But for me, I'd like to see it reduced to 1/2 second. Just my thoughts.

As for introducing a bare bones KISS first version I totally agree that that was the proper decision. Too many wants for extras and it's gonna become more cumbersome to use and less useful.

Thanks for a great product to fill in where Ford let us down.

Mike
Hi Mikey, thanks for the feedback! I'm glad the install went smoothly for you - and I'm glad you caught somewhere how delicate the IPM T-Harness install is. I'll stress again to you guys, anyone who is planning on installing this, remove the camera module. DO NOT attempt to connect the IPM T-Harness while the camera module is still bolted to the sub-dash. Even after this, wiggle the connectors while connecting. Getting the T-Harness connected squarely/properly is imperative. This will be less of a problem with the next revision of the kit harness (v2).

Yeah, as for the loss of GPS, there isn't a lot we can do to avoid this while keeping the cost of the whole kit this low and a simple plug & play.

As for the length of blinker camera display after disabling the blinker: I do believe we added a short delay - this has to be done for a cleaner looking transition. If it wasn't implemented, you'd may catch some of another screen before it transitions back for a split second.. part of the drawbacks of integration. But I'll double check. As someone mentioned earlier, if you have the blinker camera on and you want to go back to home screen while the side cam is active, press and release the hard camera button and it will return you to the OEM radio screen (while the blinker is still active).

Old 12-06-2018, 05:27 PM
gts104
New User
Upgrade to video record.

Just installed the COD f-5 and love it. I fought the factory connectors. (did not want to break.) I had to pull back out (twice) Because I did not pull the camera module out to make a good connection. I called Nav TV and Product Development emailed me and had it trouble shot on the first try. Wow!! Great Customer service.

Hopefully they will come out with a video recorder on a sd card that will work on all the views on a 2hr loop. Might be impossible to do but would be great to have if you ever got into an accident.
If anyone can do it, It would be these guys!!! Please take my money!!

Old 12-07-2018, 08:17 AM
NAVTV_BM
Freshman User
Originally Posted by gts104
Just installed the COD f-5 and love it. I fought the factory connectors. (did not want to break.) I had to pull back out (twice) Because I did not pull the camera module out to make a good connection. I called Nav TV and Product Development emailed me and had it trouble shot on the first try. Wow!! Great Customer service.

Hopefully they will come out with a video recorder on a sd card that will work on all the views on a 2hr loop. Might be impossible to do but would be great to have if you ever got into an accident.
If anyone can do it, It would be these guys!!! Please take my money!!
Hi gts, glad you're happy with it and that we got it resolved.

So in order to record all of those cameras (or any of them) would require quite a bit of development and lots more hardware - then after all of that you'll get a recording in very low-resolution video which is less than helpful. This really wouldn't be worth the development time and you'd be way better off using something that already exists - like a 2 channel HD dash camera setup. We are the US master distributor for BlackVue and they have a good track record of reliability. We have a plethora of options with these as well, with/without GPS, with/without WIFI for downloading direct to your cell on the fly, 720p, 1080p or even 4K, 1 channel (front only), 2 channel (front and rear recording), but the price will reflect options chosen. This is the simplest way to achieve what you want. A coworker of mine was involved in an accident in Miami with a company vehicle equipped with one of these and by the time the cop arrived, he was able to show the front video to the officer on his phone, add the info to the police report, open and shut case. It really is a no-brainer to protect your large investment and in theory, should lower insurance costs (if insurance companies would get on board!).

Again, thanks for your feedback!

Old 12-07-2018, 06:49 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
NAVTV_BM you need to get your post count up so you can receive direct messages..posted one on your account page

Old 12-10-2018, 06:27 PM
SCAPBT
Freshman User
Pulled the trigger last night. Cannot wait to finally be able to use the cameras the way i thought they would work from the jump. Discount code still active. Is there any link on the install anywherr? How difficult is it?

Old 12-10-2018, 06:33 PM
h20camper
Logistics Pro
Received 273 Likes on 188 Posts
Old 12-10-2018, 06:38 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by SCAPBT
Pulled the trigger last night. Cannot wait to finally be able to use the cameras the way i thought they would work from the jump. Discount code still active. Is there any link on the install anywherr? How difficult is it?
The box comes with good instructions. Took me 20 minutes on my brand new truck

Old 12-10-2018, 07:42 PM
SCAPBT
Freshman User
Helllll yeaaa

Originally Posted by sdetweil

Old 12-10-2018, 08:21 PM
SCAPBT
Freshman User
Helllll yeaaa

Originally Posted by sdetweil

Old 12-10-2018, 08:58 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by SCAPBT
Helllll yeaaa
You need a 7 mm socket, and a pry tool (to pop the top cover off)

Old 12-12-2018, 12:23 AM
telly9987
Junior User
Just got my Nav-TV unit... cant wait to pull my Naviks unit out! Absolute crap!

Old 12-12-2018, 06:57 AM
ReconF350
New User
Originally Posted by telly9987
Just got my Nav-TV unit... cant wait to pull my Naviks unit out! Absolute crap!
I just did the same thing 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier.

Quick Reply: Camera-in-motion option available.