Anyone else's moon roof leaking? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Anyone else's moon roof leaking?

Old 11-15-2018, 10:39 PM
Thor'sHammer
Posting Guru
Thor'sHammer has a very good reputation on FTE.Thor'sHammer has a very good reputation on FTE.Thor'sHammer has a very good reputation on FTE.Thor'sHammer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Anyone else's moon roof leaking?

I just noticed a damp ring around my moon roof on the head liner.

Any normal suspect places I should start my search?

Old 11-15-2018, 11:02 PM
Superdave71
Senior User
Superdave71 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There’s drain lines running down each A pillar. One is probably plugged.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:18 AM
Chuck-B
Elder User
Chuck-B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Chuck-B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
How do you clean those drain lines out? I've tried to snake a piece of wire down them and it doesn't make it too far. I didn't want to force it for fear the drain was a rubber hose and I would poke a hole in it. I hit them with an air line and not sure if they are clear or not. The air seemed to go through but have no idea where the line ends.

I also want to undercoat the well where all the mechanical stuff is hidden. I am noticing places where it is rusting in there. Not sure when I'll get to that, probably next year some time.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:21 AM
leadmic
Elder User
leadmic is starting off with a positive reputation.
No help on how to clean the tubes it sounds like you are trying everything that I would. I'm pretty sure the tube run down the B-pillar not the A-pillar I can hear water running through the B-pillar when it rains. Also it doesn't make since that it would drain up to the A-pillar while driving gravity would try to force the water towards the back of the sunroof.

Old 11-19-2018, 02:01 AM
Thor'sHammer
Posting Guru
Thor'sHammer has a very good reputation on FTE.Thor'sHammer has a very good reputation on FTE.Thor'sHammer has a very good reputation on FTE.Thor'sHammer has a very good reputation on FTE.
I figured a drain would be clogged. Compressed air a no-no when it comes to clearing them?

Old 11-19-2018, 11:50 AM
Chuck-B
Elder User
Chuck-B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Chuck-B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by leadmic View Post
No help on how to clean the tubes it sounds like you are trying everything that I would. I'm pretty sure the tube run down the B-pillar not the A-pillar I can hear water running through the B-pillar when it rains. Also it doesn't make since that it would drain up to the A-pillar while driving gravity would try to force the water towards the back of the sunroof.
I would agree, but if you open the roof and stand up you can see the holes in the front corners. Maybe they are supposed to drain when the truck is parked, when moving maybe not a whole lot of water gets in the well?

Originally Posted by Thor'sHammer View Post
I figured a drain would be clogged. Compressed air a no-no when it comes to clearing them?
I'm not sure if it (compressed air) worked or not. I do know that the water is making its way out, just not sure how well they are draining. I do see water on the side of the truck running over the F250 chevron after it rains and the truck has dried. I then look in the sunroof well and it's wet but there is no standing water. Would love to know where that drain ends up.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:17 PM
speakerfritz
Postmaster
speakerfritz has a good reputation on FTE.speakerfritz has a good reputation on FTE.
My roof window does not auto park. Have to play with it to seat it closed exactly correct....else it will leak

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.