blown speaker? B&o system 2019 f350 lariat - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

blown speaker? B&o system 2019 f350 lariat

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 11-15-2018, 12:52 AM
futonpimp
New User
futonpimp is starting off with a positive reputation.

I have about 500 miles on my 2018 f350 lariat and it sounds like the front passenger speaker is blown.. it’s driving me nuts.

is something like this covered under warranty? I called my dealer service department to schedule an appointment and they said “we won’t know till we take a look”

im going to be pissed if I somehow have to pay for this.. barely had the truck 2 weeks

Old 11-15-2018, 01:11 AM
hobbie1
Senior User
hobbie1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Geez - dealer giving you a hard time on a $70K + truck.

My dealer is awesome - I found a tear in my passenger head rest - no issue they ordered a replacement and took care of it under warranty. Had 13K miles at the time of the repair.

I would let the sales guy know as backup.

Old 11-15-2018, 04:31 AM
diingjp26
New User
diingjp26 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My sticker says Perimeter Alarm.
Is this the same thing or different?
If so, does anybody know the difference?

Old 11-15-2018, 07:32 AM
SDcrewzer
Posting Guru
SDcrewzer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SDcrewzer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by futonpimp View Post
I have about 500 miles on my 2018 f350 lariat and it sounds like the front passenger speaker is blown.. it’s driving me nuts.

is something like this covered under warranty? I called my dealer service department to schedule an appointment and they said “we won’t know till we take a look”

im going to be pissed if I somehow have to pay for this.. barely had the truck 2 weeks
The driver door speaker in our 2019 F350 Lariat died less than a month after delivery. This was quite a letdown because one of the reasons for selling the 2017 XLT and ordering the 2019 Lariat was to get a decent sound system. We stopped using the audio system and turned off the nav system’s voice feature, but the distorted chimes were painful.

Our dealer replaced the defective speaker under warranty, but it required two trips (one for diagnosis, the other for repair), and it took me over a week to get a diagnosis appointment and then over two weeks for the dealer to get the replacement speaker.

Speaking of sales guys, I ran into ours when arriving for visit #2. He knew I was there for the repair, and he confirmed that the replacement speaker had arrived.

Frankly, I now think the original speaker was sub-par from day one, and it just went from a bit off to terrible. With the new speaker installed and using a good source, the new audio system now sounds quite good overall, IMHO, and especially when compared to the system in our old XLT.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

Old 11-15-2018, 08:11 AM
George C
Senior User
George C is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Fords audio quality went out the door with the 08-10 MY audiophile system. The first stop with my current truck was to have he audio system totally replaced. The same will occur with my next Ford.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:24 AM
claf
Freshman User
claf is starting off with a positive reputation.
I also have a blown speaker in the driver's door. I noticed it 30 min after taking delivery of the truck. I am able to live with it until I get it serviced by turning down the bass in the tone settings.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:50 AM
AceRed
Junior User
AceRed is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am really disappointed in the 2019 audio. Probably the single largest disappointment. Wife drove with me and thought it sounded like something out of the 70's. I'm not even an audio type guy but the center front speaker dominates. Not even sure you hear the rears. I have adjusted the fade to the back but still not so hot.

Will better speakers help? I have Sync 3 so you can't just pull the head out. What's the reasonable fix. I don't need crazy, just nice sounding stereo.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:26 AM
SDcrewzer
Posting Guru
SDcrewzer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SDcrewzer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by AceRed View Post
...I'm not even an audio type guy but the center front speaker dominates...
Switching between "Stereo" and "Surround" in the Settings menu might help (a bit).

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

Old 11-15-2018, 11:58 AM
AceRed
Junior User
Originally Posted by SDcrewzer View Post
Switching between "Stereo" and "Surround" in the Settings menu might help (a bit).

HTH,
Jim / crewzer
Nice! Thanks! Didn't even know that was in the settings section. I will look.

Old 11-15-2018, 12:37 PM
D3thM3tal
Senior User
D3thM3tal is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
It makes a giant difference - not sure why it isn't set that way be default.

Old 11-15-2018, 12:44 PM
Ben Elliott
Junior User
Ben Elliott is starting off with a positive reputation.
Currently- my 19 f350 kR is at a shop getting all B&O speakers switched out. I have sync 3 and will still be able to use same head unit ect and still look all stock.

Those speakers are incredibly cheap. B&O sells the digital calibration to produce the sound but not the speaker itself I believe. The speakers are paper thin and light as can be, which means there’s no driver to push mid base at all and the sun enclosure is the size of a shoebox with a 8” sub it looks like.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:11 PM
dlewis69
New User
dlewis69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Ben Elliott View Post
Currently- my 19 f350 kR is at a shop getting all B&O speakers switched out. I have sync 3 and will still be able to use same head unit ect and still look all stock.

Those speakers are incredibly cheap. B&O sells the digital calibration to produce the sound but not the speaker itself I believe. The speakers are paper thin and light as can be, which means there’s no driver to push mid base at all and the sun enclosure is the size of a shoebox with a 8” sub it looks like.
What are you getting? I am thinking about replacing mine as well.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:16 PM
Ben Elliott
Junior User
Ben Elliott is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by dlewis69 View Post
What are you getting? I am thinking about replacing mine as well.

I am getting morel virtus 603 ( 3-way) in the front doors- there’s enough room for the 2 speakers in the door and the 1 tweeter to replace the old tweeter along the windshield column

back I am getting 6.5 2 ways morel maximo’s I believe.

Under seat I ripped out my 2-10” Jdl audio tw3’s which I liked from my old Truck. 2 amps- both alpines. I’ll update once I pick it up.

Old 11-15-2018, 06:06 PM
AceRed
Junior User
Originally Posted by D3thM3tal View Post
It makes a giant difference - not sure why it isn't set that way be default.
Thanks Jim and D2. I hadn't even seen that in the settings. Made the change and it's better. Not great but at least better. Agree it should be the stock setting.

Old 11-15-2018, 06:15 PM
AceRed
Junior User
Originally Posted by Ben Elliott View Post

I am getting morel virtus 603 ( 3-way) in the front doors- there’s enough room for the 2 speakers in the door and the 1 tweeter to replace the old tweeter along the windshield column

back I am getting 6.5 2 ways morel maximo’s I believe.

Under seat I ripped out my 2-10” Jdl audio tw3’s which I liked from my old Truck. 2 amps- both alpines. I’ll update once I pick it up.
Thanks, let us know how it sounds when your done and ball park price to get it done.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.