1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

How to help Jimmy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 08:26 AM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle
I wonder if we could find him a truck? If his is gone, we could lose him on here. I wish I had the means to do it...
I know that is not a priority right now, but just thinkin'...
Jeff, I was thinking about that too, definitely not the first priority, but still.....
Hopefully he had his truck well insured.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:20 AM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,449 Likes on 1,396 Posts
Hopefully he had everything well insured. I'm in to help do whatever I can as well. Definitely glad to hear Jimmy and family are out of danger and doing ok, considering.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:44 AM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Team FTE -

After Jimmy is able to provide the PayPal info to me, I'll run a transaction to verify things. Once confirmed, I'll send the info/instructions, via a PM, to all who have responded to either of the threads. Any actions you may make with this information is entirely up to each member. We all know our own situations and have no need to explain ourselves in any way.

Jimmy's words carry all the meaning needed to understand his circumstances.

Should other members wish to be included in the PM distribution list, please contact me and I'll get back as quickly as possible.

Suggestions for improvement welcomed.

DW

Old 11-13-2018, 09:57 AM
52 USCG Panel
Logistics Pro
Received 867 Likes on 423 Posts
Thanks for stepping up and coordinating this effort. I think you have a good plan for going forward. I was a little concerned about the possibility of just posting up an account number for all the world to see. I think sometimes banks will open special accounts for relief efforts as a possible alternative to Pay Pal, but you should make the decision and we will follow your lead.

Jim

Old 11-13-2018, 10:50 AM
CBeav
Elder User
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Add me to the list , please.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:41 AM
53 tonner
Tuned
Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Please add me to the list. I've been watching this anxiously so we can send some cash to Jimmy and family. His posts have been great over the years & I have often thought it would be fun to visit over a cup of coffee. I can't imagine how difficult this would be.

Grant

Old 11-13-2018, 11:46 AM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by 52 USCG Panel
Thanks for stepping up and coordinating this effort. I think you have a good plan for going forward. I was a little concerned about the possibility of just posting up an account number for all the world to see. I think sometimes banks will open special accounts for relief efforts as a possible alternative to Pay Pal, but you should make the decision and we will follow your lead.

Jim
Appreciate the input, Jim. I've had first hand experience opening a special account with a bank. While they were supportative, the banking/tax rules really got in the way of a ready solution - and that was in-person. With the challenge of distance and Jimmy's shifting locations, PayPal seems a more workable approach. We'll see if it plays out as hoped.
Originally Posted by CBeav
Add me to the list , please.
You're in.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:28 PM
EBEAR
Cargo Master
Received 542 Likes on 309 Posts
I'm in too

Old 11-13-2018, 12:35 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by EBEAR
I'm in too
You're in.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:38 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OMG! I just saw all this, so sad! I will help also even though Jimmy doesn't like to accept help. This is the time he and his family needs it the most. As said here many many times, Jimmy is the nicest, kindest, most positive person on this site. Will be watching for the Pay Pal info. In the meantime I hope Jimmy knows that we are all pulling for him and his family and glad that they are safe.
Topper

Old 11-13-2018, 01:02 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 727 Likes on 259 Posts
Glad to see all the members stepping up. But, that's what this group does. Most won't remember (at least the younger guys... it was 15 years ago) the way FTE stepped up when my grandson was diagnosed with brain cancer. My daughter and s-i-l quit college, quit jobs and moved from Mobile, Al to Memphis, Tn. to get Cole the treatments he needed. I told them I had their backs with house notes and bills and such. Surgery and 9 months at ST. Jude got him fixed up. FTE and mainly the guys on this forum overwhelmed me with their caring... money, prayers, messages and calls. They humbled me greatly and left me with a debt of "Pay it forward" I'm still trying to repay.

This is about family and families do what they need to do to pull another family member up and support them when they need it... and Jimmy needs it now more than ever. He'll balk and say no thank you... but a little pride swallowing and humbling and we can get him where he needs to be. I had a hard time years ago accepting help with my grandson. I had a minister from California call me... a total stranger who was included in a prayer list. We talked for a long while and he told me something I'll never forget. It's as much of a blessing to the giver as it is to the receiver. Jimmy knows we like him... but let's show him how much we love him... Eventually EVERYONE needs a hand up. Let's do this for Jimmy and let's do it big.

I know FTE will not let Jimmy down.... goes without saying DW... I'm in

Old 11-13-2018, 01:27 PM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
The Paypal link to help Jimmy is http://paypal.me/underthebridgejim

Old 11-13-2018, 01:27 PM
oldmerc
oldmerc
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm in as soon as method is determined to help Jimmy out .

Old 11-13-2018, 01:33 PM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by oldmerc
I'm in as soon as method is determined to help Jimmy out .
Allan,
Per Jimmy's post the correct link is http://paypal.me/underthebridgejim.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:13 PM
fordman75
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Add me to the list.

Quick Reply: How to help Jimmy?