Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

52 f3 dakota swap (D)

Old 01-04-2019, 07:07 PM
Ct70
Junior User
Ct70 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you ,

Old 01-05-2019, 11:25 AM
tip49
Posting Guru
tip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud of
Impressive progress, and nice direction on the build; man there isn't a lot of spare room in that engine bay.lol

Keep up the great work, I am looking foward to the end result.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:23 AM
thepitshop
Posting Guru
thepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to behold
Thanks everyone, yes its amazing how tight the engine bay is!that 4.7 is bigger than I thought!

Old 01-13-2019, 12:53 PM
thepitshop
Posting Guru
thepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to beholdthepitshop is a splendid one to behold
More done the past few weeks

Old 01-13-2019, 12:59 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Looks like your air bag was deployed in that last picture Gil...lol

Old 01-13-2019, 08:08 PM
thepitshop
Posting Guru
it actually does, my welding from Canadian tire!

Old 01-13-2019, 08:31 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
It's looking good Gil, you have a knack for these builds..

Old 02-03-2019, 08:02 AM
thepitshop
Posting Guru
Lots more done, but here's a few pics,interior bodywork done, pass door bottom inner replaced, back window frame built and replaced,bought a set of trique locks, body glued the nuts to the inner panel, front rad support finished, inner fenders and engine bay painted, now its assembly time!

Old 02-03-2019, 08:05 AM
thepitshop
Posting Guru
One pic didn't show, stock Sheridan blue

Old 03-06-2019, 07:38 PM
thepitshop
Posting Guru
Didnt like the way the fenderwells were contouring the tires, 1/4 bar stock a bit of tin, oh yeah , I didnt have a bender so I kept hitting the concrete till I got the contour I wanted (ha ha if you watched Bad Chad) I actually used a tire to bend it.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:40 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
That was a great improvement Gil

Old 03-06-2019, 10:02 PM
EBEAR
Posting Guru
EBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to behold
Very nice . Great work

Old 03-06-2019, 11:20 PM
Signmaker
Freshman User
Signmaker is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow! This is awesome. Can’t wait to see it. You are a pro!

Old 03-07-2019, 06:51 AM
thepitshop
Posting Guru
Thanks, I guess plans have now changed, I'll never be able to match the original patina to the bed, so I'll have to come up with a fautina similar to my other truck this time using blue

Old 03-07-2019, 11:07 AM
Muppy1840
Senior User
Muppy1840 has a very good reputation on FTE.Muppy1840 has a very good reputation on FTE.Muppy1840 has a very good reputation on FTE.Muppy1840 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Very impressive , I wish I had your fabrication skills. Can you tell me what paint and what the paint code is for the Sheridan blue you are using. , Doug.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.