4r100 Speed Sensor Tone Wheel Install on Vehicle? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Clutch, Transmission, Differential, Axle & Transfer Case
Reload this Page >

4r100 Speed Sensor Tone Wheel Install on Vehicle?

Notices

Old 11-09-2018, 08:11 AM
zer0_13
New User
zer0_13 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Hello.

I have a 99 F350SD. It has a 4x4 4r100 in it. It puked its guts out. I managed to find a 4x4 4r100 out of an E450 with about 12k miles on it. And I was going to install that into my truck until I realized it appears to not have an output speed sensor tone wheel on the output shaft.

I was trying to find out, is there a way to press or put the tone wheel onto the new(er) transmission without a complete teardown and rebuild. I have the OTC spacer tool, and all, I just wasn't sure if anyone has done it. Or, is there a bolt on/slip collar type of assembly that can be added aftermarket? I saw a picture of this, no idea if it would be something i could use.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by zer0_13; 11-09-2018 at 08:13 AM. Reason: adding picture

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.