Notices
1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bronco body on f150 short box frame?

Old 11-08-2018, 10:51 AM
pat420swed
Senior User
pat420swed is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.pat420swed is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Bronco body on f150 short box frame?

the frame under my bronco is pretty rotted. Has anyone on here done a frame swap with a short box f150? What kind of work is involved?

Old Today, 04:18 AM
75BigBlock
Elder User
75BigBlock is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't know what year Bronco and F150 you're considering, but my 77 F100 SWB and 78 Bronco have significantly different wheelbases. My Bronco has a wheelbase of 104" and my F100 has a wheelbase of 117". So... without relocating the rear axle, the rear body of the Bronco would basically sit on the rear wheels rather than the wheels going into the wheel well. If it was just a matter of moving the rear axle forward, you'd still have about a foot of frame sticking past the tailgate of the Bronco. This is just me visualizing things here, so other than that I have no idea what is or isn't possible. Yes, my F100 is 2wd, but for the sake of frame length comparison it's the same thing.

Here's a pic of my two rigs. It's kinda hard to see the length difference between the two until you look at the distance from right behind the cab to the front of the rear wheels on each one or visualize the top of the Bronco on the bed of the truck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.