HPOP Non-Serviceable plug replaced, now only 300psi - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

HPOP Non-Serviceable plug replaced, now only 300psi

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPOP Non-Serviceable plug replaced, now only 300psi

Old 11-08-2018, 03:25 PM
TheBigBee
Postmaster
TheBigBee is a splendid one to beholdTheBigBee is a splendid one to beholdTheBigBee is a splendid one to beholdTheBigBee is a splendid one to beholdTheBigBee is a splendid one to beholdTheBigBee is a splendid one to beholdTheBigBee is a splendid one to behold
You are correct 500 PSI is ICP for start.

Here is the minimums for starting.

OTHER NO START OR HARD START ISSUES When trying to diagnose hard start or no start issues a scan tool is needed to check and monitor the ICP (Injection Control Pressure), RPM (From the CMP) Vehicle Voltage during cranking and PW (Pulse Width) signal.

1. RPM, minimum 100 rpm cranking speed (When warm it should be over 180 rpm)
2. ICP, minimum required for starting 500 PSI if no rpm signal, ICP won’t go over 400 PSI
3. Voltage during cranking 7-10 volts minimum depending on year
4. Pulse Width; 0 ms means no sync, 1994-1997 .42 ms indicates that PCM and IDM are in sync (on 99-03 it should be .60 ms) and the PCM is waiting on the ICP to reach the minimum of 500 PSI. When min. ICP is reached PW should change to 1-6 ms
5. If any of the above doesn’t meet the minimum specification, solve the problem as-per the appropriate Ford Diagnostic Manual.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:43 PM
Everlanders
Freshman User
Everlanders is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
Anyway of tryn anutha ipr?
I don't have a spare IPR...

The Ford Dealer says all his Canadian warehouses are out of stock for two weeks.
The Local International dealer has one in town, but they want $450 CDN

I'm considering getting one from a local Auto Wrecker - Can they "wear out"? There is nothing really to wear on the insides is there? Once you clean out the gunk and install new o-rings it should be fine?

I did clean this one out, but now I see this article which warns against crushing the pilot valve body, I did use vice grips with folded up shop towel to open/close the IPR... Perhaps I crushed the valve body? Has anyone heard of this?

Old 11-08-2018, 05:08 PM
Everlanders
Freshman User
Or do I dare get the NAPA brand for $269 ??

https://www.napacanada.com/en/p/DNQIPR200#

Old 11-08-2018, 05:20 PM
Colorado350
Posting Guru
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Everlanders View Post
Or do I dare get the NAPA brand for $269 ??

https://www.napacanada.com/en/p/DNQIPR200#
Dont waste your money on aftermarket it will create more headaches.

Can you get this shipped to you ?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F201405915698

Old 11-08-2018, 05:28 PM
Everlanders
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post
Can you get this shipped to you ?
yes, but mostly no...

"We do not directly ship internationally. We only ship internationally through the Ebay Global Shipping Program."

Which means they ship it to an American facility who then reship it to Canada... It take 3-4 weeks in my experience.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:33 PM
Colorado350
Posting Guru
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
Does EBay have Canadian based sellers that may have the IPR on your side of the Border?

Old 11-08-2018, 05:49 PM
Everlanders
Freshman User
It's Laughable... There is one knockoff for 170.95

Old 11-08-2018, 06:41 PM
PrescottIce
Senior User
PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.
Someone around here will have one for you to borrow - maybe post up a new thread asking to try a known good one. If I had a spare, I'd be on my way to the post office already.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:33 AM
duck fan
Because racetruck
duck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant future
Old 11-12-2018, 10:29 AM
Everlanders
Freshman User
Originally Posted by duck fan View Post
Riffraff ships to Canada
Yes, I've ordered from Clay a few times, and have just placed another order for an IPR. It should be here in a few weeks time.

On Saturday I pulled the IPR again in case I got some debris in there... I took some zoomed in photos of the tiny pin, I assume it acts like a needle valve and that 45 face should be smooth and flat but mine has cupped in that face.

​​​​​

Old 11-12-2018, 03:25 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Well I hope you found your problem. Please report back and let us all know how it worked out. Could save someone else.

Old 11-12-2018, 03:26 PM
Sous
SXE Junkie
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
I agree with him ^, this has been puzzling to say the least and we look forward to hearing good news from you in a couple of days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.