6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Sharing My Experiences Getting the Bushing & Body Mounts Replaced

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 09:10 PM
eastcoastweb
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sharing My Experiences Getting the Bushing & Body Mounts Replaced

Trying to help out others who have found out that the Ford bushings are garbage and rot away. Being that my truck only has 112k miles on it, I can only imagine having to spend $1,500 every 100k to replace them again. Not playing that game. I decided to replace mine with after-market parts from DayStar. My truck was done today. It is a 2011 F250 6.7 Diesel 4x4 Lariat. I purchased the DayStar kit which is Model: kf04058bk Body Mount Bushings Kit w/ Hardware - Super Duty for $259.99 plus tax. They are polyurethane and should never need replacing again. They were purchased from Energy Suspension and come with everything needed, even the smaller middle section that can be found on some Fords. This is the link to the parts: https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/kf04058bk and I had a local shop do the work.

Everything went great. The difference in what I was currently experiencing and this is night and day. Very solid, great ride, yes it is harder, but it is a truck, not a Cadillac. Hope it helps anyone with the same issue on here in the future.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:36 PM
dirthawg
Posting Guru
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Thank you for sharing, saving your link for future use. Polyurethane will probably outlast the body!

Old 11-07-2018, 05:52 AM
Deuce40s
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There was some discussion about deteriorating body mounts being the root cause of radiator failure. Have you had to replace your radiator?

Old 11-07-2018, 11:50 AM
eastcoastweb
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Deuce40s
There was some discussion about deteriorating body mounts being the root cause of radiator failure. Have you had to replace your radiator?
Not yet but I just bought the truck in July. Only mention of radiator was that they had to remove it to get to a mount.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:50 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
I made the same decision and didn't go with OEM. 107,000 miles currently. The local diesel shop recommended against OEM and to install the Daystar Polyurethane bushings as it's what they're installing on these trucks who have failed OEM body bushings. There was a comment in I think the other thread where these can get hard over time and will be worse. I added that to the considerations but took the experienced advise of the diesel shop I use. I now realize my OEM's have been bad for some time. The ride has significantly improved over what I've experienced the past 15,000 miles, meaning mine have had increasing issues since at least 90,000 miles. I haven't hooked up to the tractor yet but so far my cab has been squeak free. It was worse with weight but hopefully this has resolved that annoyance.

I picked up mine last Wednesday evening. Daystar Polyurethane body bushings, parts from the shop were $233. The service writer didn't know the part numbers so I don't have those details.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:00 AM
tradosaurus
More Turbo
Received 134 Likes on 99 Posts
Getting a harder bushing I would be worried about a rough ride. I think the F250 rides like a Cadillac.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:44 PM
eastcoastweb
Freshman User
Originally Posted by tradosaurus
Getting a harder bushing I would be worried about a rough ride. I think the F250 rides like a Cadillac.
Rides fine so far (for me).

Old 11-09-2018, 10:01 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,362 Likes on 4,621 Posts
Messing around on diesel power products site, I came across these:

https://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/...superduty.aspx

And the set made with Kevlar:

Old 11-09-2018, 10:12 PM
eastcoastweb
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Overkill2
Messing around on diesel power products site, I came across these:

And the set made with Kevlar:

pretty much the same I used but I needed all the hardware too since I was missing

Old 11-10-2018, 10:11 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Originally Posted by eastcoastweb

pretty much the same I used but I needed all the hardware too since I was missing
Didn't you reuse the bolts or were they all rusted?

Old 11-10-2018, 10:16 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Originally Posted by tradosaurus
My 16 F350 rides light years better than my last truck, a 1996 F250 that had a Dana 60 SAS in it. With that being said, it still rides like a truck. If I bought a Cadillac that rode like my truck, I'd get my money back.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:56 PM
Adobe 11SD
Senior User
I know this is an old thread, but it mentions Daystar replacements and I've researched a lot and have heard varying opinions from rough ride after time to the diameter being much smaller than the OEM.

Need to get mine changed out and wanted to hear the results from either/both over time.

Old 09-16-2019, 01:24 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Originally Posted by Adobe 11SD
I know this is an old thread, but it mentions Daystar replacements and I've researched a lot and have heard varying opinions from rough ride after time to the diameter being much smaller than the OEM.

Need to get mine changed out and wanted to hear the results from either/both over time.
Hopefully someone will speak up and let us know. I'm always curious and up for new knowledge....

Old 09-16-2019, 06:15 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
I have 4,000 miles on mine. I think the ride is a little rougher over new OEM but not enough to bother me. Since my OEM were so bad, this was an improvement. It's not anywhere close to the ride of a 2019 F250 though but I've since forgotten how my truck rode when new. My complaint ever since I had them replaced is a popping or clunk noise when turning (I can lightly feel it), a noise I didn't have before and I wonder if that has anything to do with these being smaller (I had read that as well). My first thought was a cab bolt was loose but all are as tight as I can get them. I don't know how to explain the noise or what it could be and haven't put a serious amount of effort into figuring it out while driving, such as with a go pro to pinpoint the area (I need to do that). If this is in fact caused by these mounts, then I do not recommend them but I suppose I need to prove it.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:52 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Originally Posted by kper05
I have 4,000 miles on mine. I think the ride is a little rougher over new OEM but not enough to bother me. Since my OEM were so bad, this was an improvement. It's not anywhere close to the ride of a 2019 F250 though but I've since forgotten how my truck rode when new. My complaint ever since I had them replaced is a popping or clunk noise when turning (I can lightly feel it), a noise I didn't have before and I wonder if that has anything to do with these being smaller (I had read that as well). My first thought was a cab bolt was loose but all are as tight as I can get them. I don't know how to explain the noise or what it could be and haven't put a serious amount of effort into figuring it out while driving, such as with a go pro to pinpoint the area (I need to do that). If this is in fact caused by these mounts, then I do not recommend them but I suppose I need to prove it.
Good info. Thanks. I hope I won't need any for awhile. Not even 50k miles and 3 years yet. But coming up soon.

Quick Reply: Sharing My Experiences Getting the Bushing & Body Mounts Replaced