Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Follow Up On Injectors

Old 11-06-2018, 07:48 PM
okrp
Freshman User
okrp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Follow Up On Injectors

I appreciate the advice everyone gave about injectors. Found a local shop today that rebuilds truck injectors and called them up about repairing mine. They recommended another Diesel shop in town and gave them glowing review. Called them up and received a quote to do both the injectors and glow plugs for just over 3000.00 dollars. A 1500.00 hundred dollars savings from my previous quote from another shop.
One responder to my first question about injectors said something I found interesting about people driving 15 plus year old trucks and I will say this. I will repeat I have 3 F-250 running diesels right now that my guys drive. I also have 1 F-150, gas thats is from 2013. I also have a Toyota from 2014 that we use primarily as a run around town truck. And I have spent as much if not more on repairs to that Toyota this year then I have on any other truck I own. This will be the first repair in couple of years that I spend more on my diesel then on the Toyota. I am going to retire the Toyota soon and I plan on driving this diesel for another 200 plus thousand miles.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:10 PM
00Dave
Posting Guru
00Dave has a good reputation on FTE.00Dave has a good reputation on FTE.
Make sure and let us know how things turn out. Maybe share the shop name if things turn out good for us fellow Okies. What part of the state are you in?

Old 11-07-2018, 10:55 AM
beef tits
Senior User
beef tits is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Since 2006, I have owned about 8 Toyota trucks ranging years 1987-1998, none had less than 240k miles, all were purchased used and all were sold needing no repairs in better condition than I got them in. I sold every one of them for more than I paid - in some cases by as much as $4,000 more.

Every repair bill for all of those Toyotas over time adds up to less money than I have dumped into this single F250 over 25k miles of ownership. Granted, some of that was go-fast parts but that's a fraction in comparison to major and minor repairs. If I sold this F250 tomorrow I would LOSE MY ***, and be lucky to get 1/3 back of what I have spent.

Not a single one of those Toyotas will do what this F250 is capable of, and not a single one would outrun it... but EVERY single one of them was 100x more reliable and better built. If Toyota offered a true heavy duty truck in the US, they would really up the game.

Just the facts! I own both brands too and love them both. Don't get offended.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:08 PM
axmrdr
Senior User
axmrdr is starting off with a positive reputation.
One thing that I have learned since owning this truck is that you can spend a large amount of money fast on 'upgrading' these diesels. To some the upgrades are over the top. If you keep them close to stock condition then the budget is reasonable.
No judgment here, this is America and we all have our own hobbies and passions. You can tell by my signature that I haven't spent much money.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:53 PM
okrp
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 00Dave View Post
Make sure and let us know how things turn out. Maybe share the shop name if things turn out good for us fellow Okies. What part of the state are you in?
I am in OKC.I have a garage door company here.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:56 PM
okrp
Freshman User
New developments tonight, I was just sent picture of the damage when this truck was wrecked tonight.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:04 PM
okrp
Freshman User
Originally Posted by beef **** View Post
Since 2006, I have owned about 8 Toyota trucks ranging years 1987-1998, none had less than 240k miles, all were purchased used and all were sold needing no repairs in better condition than I got them in. I sold every one of them for more than I paid - in some cases by as much as $4,000 more.

Every repair bill for all of those Toyotas over time adds up to less money than I have dumped into this single F250 over 25k miles of ownership. Granted, some of that was go-fast parts but that's a fraction in comparison to major and minor repairs. If I sold this F250 tomorrow I would LOSE MY ***, and be lucky to get 1/3 back of what I have spent.

Not a single one of those Toyotas will do what this F250 is capable of, and not a single one would outrun it... but EVERY single one of them was 100x more reliable and better built. If Toyota offered a true heavy duty truck in the US, they would really up the game.

And back at you, I do not intend to insult you. but I bought the Toyota because my son wanted it. He wanted a light truck. WE found out the work we do is just to tough on that small truck. Wears out stuff sooner then it should. I have no doubt you are right when it comes to just driving, but I do demand a lot of my vehicles. And I do everything I can to drive the wheels off of them. You would think at this age I would smarter then that but we learn something everyday.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:10 PM
z31freakify
Post Fiend
z31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to behold
O yeah those Toy's are reliable, we have an 04 Tundra with the 4.7 with a hair over 350k I was driving it a while back when i took a picture of the odo rolling to 300k, everything is stock except timing belt, water pump, thermostat (while in there) brake pads/shoes, rotors/drums and many tires. Bar none gassers have been more reliable than the diesels in our fleet except for those POS 5.4 3v freaking cam phasers and oil pumps suck nuts on these.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:06 PM
knottyrope
Postmaster
knottyrope has a good reputation on FTE.knottyrope has a good reputation on FTE.knottyrope has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by beef **** View Post

I have owned Toyotas and they have never needed a tow except for accidents.
All bought new and made it to 175k or more

88 toy 4x4 leaked oil fast and wrecked a rod bearing. blew head gasket before I traded in.
99 taco 4x4 was great until frame rotted out and lost compression on #3
2005 sienna my ex has about 215k miles on it
2009 taco 4x4 with 201k miles, only replaced steering rack and wheel bearing.

F350 has needed some work when I bought it but has been very reliable for a old 308k truck. Last year it cost me a bit for batteries, radiator, water pump, GPs, shim kit and ign switch in 3k miles.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:38 AM
jimjokjv
Senior User
jimjokjv has a good reputation on FTE.jimjokjv has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by okrp View Post
New developments tonight, I was just sent picture of the damage when this truck was wrecked tonight.
Was your truck totaled?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.